Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hockles posted:

Yeah, they announced a few weeks ago that this is Star Wars week, and that they were re-releasing the Holiday Special first, then doing AOTC, doing an Episode 3 commentary, and maaaybe something else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Ewoks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

yeah yeah!

e: I shamefully confused WHM with How Did This Get Made (which I don't even listen to anymore) because I thought they already did Master of Disguise, I am totally calling that in next listener request month

I'm gonna call in The Love Guru, I think. I saw that poo poo in theaters and there were maybe four people there on the monday after it opened and i'd love to hear them complain about it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm a big fan of One Magic Christmas because the movie is loving insane and they're flabbergasted the entire time that it exists and is as horrible as it is.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pixels may be under two hours but it feels like it's four loving hours. It's the longest feeling movie I have ever seen. It just drags on and on and it isn't funny at all.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I sent in a letter and they didn't read it. It made me sad. I sent another one today for next months, but no doubt they will not read it either.

I sent one while I was smash rear end wasted and they read it (it was about accents/impressions) so keep at it!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the year of the love guru :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

1. Friday the 13th Jason Lives
2. Chud 2
3. Blame it on Rio
4. white noise

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

This kind of reminds me of what happened with Fantastic 4 where everyone raced each other to put out self indulgent burn reviews about how this was totally THE WORST EVER in the most creaaaaaative and humorous ways
where in reality that poor movie was just your run of the mill mundanely bad incomplete movie

If you were to cut that film into the twelve minutes doom was on screen it would be a great movie.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Calaveron posted:

How many times has Larry Clark come up in the show now

Personally i'm waiting for the whm episode on zoo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'd watch the movie based on the Game Master.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Corek posted:

Jesus this is perhaps the funniest one of all time.

This episode is legitimately incredible, i'm dying here.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's a little weird that jupin brings up blocking people on twitter every episode.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

so HE'S dead

(that might be my favorite "let's get this poo poo back on track" phrase )

That's one of my favorites

Steve is really underappreciated for some of his lines.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:yikes:

MinibarMatchman posted:

this dude's twitter feed :stare:

You're not kidding, this dude's a little crazy

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 29, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if we'll get a Ghostbusters on-screen. Andrew apparently loved it and tweeted about maybe doing one, so

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Of course WHM is going to like the new Ghostbusters movie. They're all improv guys so of course they're going to like a movie that's 99.9% improv. Jupin said as much in his mini review. It was the first thing out of his mouth.

I saw the film and didn't think it was very funny. Maybe I'm not an improv person.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

"The end of year edition of Times with a barren Times Square and a 'WHERE DID THE HOOKERS GO'"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Noted Combo enthusiast and Nu-metal fan Stephen Sajdak

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad Cabin came back, he's fun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mojo Threepwood posted:

I wonder if the hosts were huge into Next Generation but didn't watch any of the following series, as they don't seem to mention Voyager or Enterprise. I mean it's fine to not like a show, but for Trek fans it's odd that it seems like they never watched one of the strongest series.

I did like when they were discussing a worse version of Mos Eisley and Eric slipped in "Mos Epsa." That was a deep cut.

Jupin has talked about watching voyager I think so he's seen that one.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I missed Chris.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're really asking for The Love Guru to be submitted. I've been waiting to do so, I hope I get picked.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Haven't they said they're never doing it?

I don't think they've said that they won't do it, just that it's a loving wretched movie (it is, I saw that piece of poo poo in theaters)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe this movie is real. It sounds fake! Everything about it sounds fake!
Who would let this movie happen?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I do hope they stay away from trump now, though. There were a couple of episodes where they'd have long bits about Mary Sue's that hurt older episodes a bit.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 7, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Justin J Case is on the next episode, i'm excited. I love jjcase episodes, they're always really good!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jcase is a lens that focuses the episodes, every episode he's ever been on I'd rank in the top ten and the latest may be one of their best episodes hands down.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Unless they changed the rules you're allowed to do multiple movie requests, so do your part and put in an extra call for The Love Guru.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to tell them to watch the one where goku and piccolo learn to drive.

e: gently caress someone already told them

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 17, 2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Then they should probably do a Patreon or something. I'd wager they could get over $7,000 a month from something like that. I don't mind the ads themselves, it's just jarring that we're getting them mid-episode now. It will take some getting used to. Except Loot Crate, they represent everything I despise about nerd culture, but I can't blame the fine folks at We Hate Movies for that.

https://www.patreon.com/wehatemovies

drat dog you're spot on!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BlameSpacePod posted:

We actually don’t make all the profit of an ad. A percentage goes to the ad agency who booked it and/or a huge percentage of it goes to our podcast network. This actually helps keep people employed. Sideshow Network just closed. Real people are out of work right now due to well, our lack of ads, I guess.

Patreon funds are split so many ways and go towards so many different things. That money is largely going to overhead, equipment, and travel costs to tour (we pay to tour, pay for hotels, pay for airline tickets, pay for everything to make that happen.) We get a lot less help than you might imagine which is why we're signing with a new podcast network now that our old one has closed due to a lack of business. Just an FYI: I personally book 90% of live shows by cold calling venues.

Yikes, that sucks. It sounds like you guys got really hosed by sideshow.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I called in The Love Guru and The Pest, the latter is maybe one of the most bafflingly racist and unfunny films I have ever seen.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Vakal posted:

On tv lately there has been an commercial for Oikos yogurt and the guy in it looks like Steve's more attractive doppelganger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIa_nwwbrj0

Stefan Sajdakke

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to request The Pest and The Love Guru, which i've done for the past two years.

I'll get my love guru episode eventually.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Iirc Landis said that Will Smith improvised that line. Which I actually believe, because Smith probably doesn't care about this movie and would tell Landis to go gently caress himself if he asked to reshoot a scene.

fatherboxx posted:

would pitching The Pest starring John Leguizamo for Listener Request Month in the future land me into Hague?

I've been asking for it for years, so go for it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

With Eric's post I legitimately don't understand what podcast networks actually do. It sounds like they don't handle live shows or hosting. Do they automate ad buys for the show?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If they don't do bye bye man I'm going to riot.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress I forgot to call!!! now they'll never do the love guru.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cael posted:

Along those lines, they did say on twitter that they would do more one-offs / side projects if the Patreon ever becomes profitable enough that they can quit their jobs. I don't necessarily see it ever getting enough for provide four full time salaries, but we can dream.

I kinda find it hard to believe that Andrew or Chris would ever quit, they both have their dream gigs, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

For fuckin' real lol, dude sounds like he's about to lose it the whole time.

Really digging the last three episodes.

I wonder if he'd make it through a season of Last Man Standing?