Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DrVenkman posted:

I prefer over HDTGM because I feel like they overdo it. There's no real breaking anything down it's just OH MY GOD WHATS UP WITH THAT?, except really loudly.

Definitely. My introduction to HDTGM was the Punisher: Warzone episode where they had the director on and actually had a decent discussion, I tried listening to the rest of their show and it's just "HOLY poo poo THAT BAD THING WAS SO BAD! LISTEN TO ME DESCRIBE HOW BAD IT IS! WOW, SO BAD :buddy:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fatherboxx posted:

I mainly listen to WHM over other bad movie podcasts because of the impressions that can quickly slide into improv comedy madness. Like Tom Berenger's character in The Substitute participating in Mortal Kombat.

Definitely. Even when it's a movie I've never seen and don't really care about it's fun just because of how off-the-wall the improv can get, like in the Pallbearer episode where they invent a narrative of David Schwimmer having a talking anthropomorphic raincloud as a best friend. Or the Addicted to Love episode where they do an extended imitation of Matthew Broderick describing his ideal sexual encounter that culminates in the phrase "sex so gentle and quiet that if you had it on a boat in the middle of a lake it wouldn't make a single ripple".

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The segment of their Jingle All The Way 2 episode where they riff on the fact that Larry the Cable Guy's character doesn't drink and it turns into A Clockwork Orange: Starring Larry the Cable Guy with him being forced to watch Ken Burns documentaries as part of the Ludovico treatment was amazing.

"Hooray, 12 hours of baseball! Oh no, 12 hours of jazz!"