Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I'm sure this has been covered, but both versions of the Keanu Reeve's involvement in THE WATCHER are actually true. He himself says that his name was falsified and as he couldn't conclusively prove it he did it because it was a tiny role instead of going through a legal battle. Then his role got beefed up on top of that. Clearly something was up because he refused to promote the movie when it came out.

This is a more hilarious story than what happens in Bowfinger, why wasn't it made into a movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

He was a goofy hippie up until like 1987 at least. I used to watch his tv specials as a kid. He said was charming and imaginative and used wordplay.

Was he another casualty of 9/11?

I was never a huge fan of his but my dad loving loved him, so I saw all his 70/80/90s specials back in the day. His early material and the wordplay reminded me a fair bit of George Carlin if he were a prop comic. By the time I was in high school I remember we all just thought of him as a comedian our parents liked who was a hack, sort of like a Yakov Smirnoff relic of ages past, but he was completely harmless. Finding out he took a heel turn sharper then Dennis Miller is just sad and weird.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Their Lambert impression has been making the rounds in my head all day.

heh heh heh

One of them does an absolutely spot on Lambert and the punch card/wedding/funeral riffing killed me, even if anything actually related to the movie was somewhat dull.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Lot 49 posted:

Who is the voice they do all the time where the person they are impersonating is talking to 'Bar'?

George H. W. Bush, aka the one scared of broccoli.

Marketing New Brain fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 14, 2016