Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Discovered this recently after finally giving up on HDTGM. Regularly end up laughing my rear end off. Thanks for the recommendation.

With HDTGM I feel like they're often barely paying attention to the movie, or fall asleep during it, and just sorta handwave over the plot. Between that and needlessly piling on Jude Diane Raphael, the way WHM actually gets into details about the movies is a breath of fresh air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I can't decide which impression is better, Belushi or Brimley.

The Louie Anderson impression gets me every time, especially in The Day After Tomorrow and Cat's Eye episodes.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

MisterBibs posted:

Figures, the first Live show of theirs that's listenable is the one that I refuse to listen to because GL is a guilty pleasure of mine and I don't like irrationally dislike hearing people rag on it, despite knowing it's not a good movie.

Shame they prolly didn't do it for Vice Versa's live show. Ten minutes of Dad Dick Talk and ten minutes breaking down a scene where a grown woman's near make-out with 12yo Fred Savage is interrupted, and its treated like comedy

For lack of a better term, JDR takes the lovely/bizzare movies seriously and earnestly. Whereas the others will just laugh at something for being lovely, she'll try and understand what was going through the character's minds, the creators minds, etc.

The best example of this was the derail in Monkey Shines about naming the monkeys and/or that the monkeys used weren't actors. She wasn't articulating it in the best way, but she was speaking to Romero littering "Btw these animals can really do these dangerous things" to make the movie more interesting was harmful to how monkeys deserve to be treated.

That was the episode that made me stop listening. The way they kept interrupting her and telling her she made no sense before she fully explained her point annoyed the hell out of me.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Next week is definitely Teen Witch 2, right?

Top that!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

thrawn527 posted:

Did you buy it on the Podcast Source app? (Terrible app, used to be Podcast Box I think, but it just got a redesign and new name) This one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-podcast-source/id419361759?mt=8

Because that's what I bought it on. And the newest On-Screen episode appears to be from March 2014. Kind of sucks that I bought the app with them saying I'd have access to the bonus episodes, and now they stopped that and only sell them individually, but oh well.

I have the same app, and I can see all the On-screen episodes, up to January 2015.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Yaws posted:

Yes that's the one. It's terrible and I can't find the Star Trek episode on the Band Camp page either.

I will never hear it.

It's right between episodes 119 and 120.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I'm kinda curious what big development they were referring to on their Twitter feed. Whatever it is, I hope they don't stop podcasting

My first assumption would be announcing a tour.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Yeah, I like the theme song. It's so much better than HDTGM or Worst Idea of All Time's new one. Goodness that one's awful.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I feel like next week has to be Dennis the Menace, right? It's been a while since they got mad at a lovely kid.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Evil Mastermind posted:

So am I the only one who's actually seen Son of the Mask? I didn't see it in theaters, but it was on cable a lot.

I've seen it on cable. Horrible, horrible movie.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Looks like through the app they're adding quick minisodes on each of the Mission: Impossible movies. The first one is pretty decent so far.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Hockles posted:

That was my favorite AD in a long time. I never watched DuckTales past the opening theme, so I never knew that he was supposed to be Scottish, or even that "Scottish = cheap" was a thing.

Fun fact: that's the origin of the Scotch tape name, because of how cheaply it was made, and why it has the tartan patterns on the packaging and on the end of the rolls.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Just posted to their Facebook:

"Next week on the penultimate episode of the '14-'15 season, the gang takes a certain LEAGUE to task... And also bids bon voyage to a dear friend.
With that, no more deets. Have a great weekend, gang! We'll see you Tuesday!"

I wonder who's leaving. And the movie has to be LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.

Andrew Jupin is moving to a different borough, I think; he's been posting about it on twitter for a while. He might stop being a regular? They've made mention on Facebook about trying to get movies in before "things change".

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Sleeveless posted:

WHM's ads have never been great but having them shill for a legally dubious taxi service using ad copy that sounds like it was lifted from an MLM handbook is pretty drat skeezy.

Yeah, the barely disguised "they love working for themselves and not being classified as employees!" poo poo is super icky as far as ad copy goes

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
There's one episode where Steve mentions briefly just how much he hates Identity, and ever since I've wanted them to do it so badly.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I hope they cover Mortdecai, because the very existence of that movie makes no sense to me. Why make it seem in tone like a kid's movie but have it rated R? Who thought those irritating mustache ads were a good idea? Where did all that star power come from for such a lovely movie?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Two things: one, I'm legit surprised they didn't catch that American Shaolin is basically a lovely version of The 36th Chamber of Shaolin. That's probably the most famous Shaw Bros. movie.

Two, who was that going "ee-cee-dub, ee-cee-dub" quietly during the ECW bit? Eric? Andrew and Steve seemed to mostly either be unaware of ECW or have it buried deep in the memory hole.

It was Steve.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Count Chocula posted:

If the Flop House and WHM didn't both do an ep, I would have assumed one of them had made it up.

And yeah the last episode was 36 Chambers of Shaolin (which is great) meets Stripes. But bad?

But holy poo poo is "Trevor Got-it-all" the most 80s villain name in the world.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Do you think they'd ever do Master of Disguise or is that just too tooth-grindingly frustrating? Is that on their "never do" list?

I'm pretty sure they said a couple months ago that it was so bad they'd never do it.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's also this rundown of one of his shows down south. It is :stare: as hell.

This was a guy whose whole shtick was goofy inventions prop comedy and smashing watermelons.

I need to hear their Gallagher impression say "Your body is a sacred temple, YOU DIPSHIT"

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Crowetron posted:

I could swear Steve or Eric made a Tekken joke at some point, but I can't remember what it was or which episode.

Any guesses as to the rest of the Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza line-up?

Andrew said on Twitter that Speed 2 would be one of them.

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/735317847816167424

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Invalid Validation posted:

Are live podcasts fun to go to? They always seem too short for the effort involved with going.

They're usually not much shorter than comedy shows, they can be pretty fun.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I could have sworn Dracula 3000 (which I thought was the sequel to Dracula 2000) took place in space.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I always call in Identity, because I know at least one of them despises it and that makes for good listening.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Have they ever done any Jim Carrey movies before? They mention Liar Liar not holding up in Mrs. Doubtfire, but I don't think he's appeared on the show at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
I'm actually kind of glad my movie didn't get picked, because looking back I was very clearly quite drunk while leaving a message.