Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cool, I'm glad he was available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Andrew's reaction to Steve breaking into song may be the purest befuddlement I've ever heard from him.

Also I think I might have been in a Buddy Brigade when I was a kid.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Man, sick Placebo references this episode. Never have I heard anything that so perfectly dates both them and myself.
I didn't remember who the hell Placebo was until Steve started singing, then all the shameful memories came flooding back.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Good lord what the hell was with that George Lucas goblin laugh?

thrawn527 posted:

Facebook suggested I join this group (I have no idea why) called Muldoon's Basement, which is apparently for a local pub I've never been too, and their cover photo is, um...well you take a look.

Is it Muldoon's Pub? Because that's the name of the WHM Facebook fan group.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/AaronPhipps_/status/1108223681568878592

How dare he make me choose between Gallagher and Trickster.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Next month's schedule has been announced.

Episode 413 — Pet Semetary (1989) with Special Guest Griffin Newman of The Tick and the Blank Check podcast
Episode 414 — Death Wish (2018) (PATREON ONLY)
Episode 415 — Shrek 2
Episode 416 — Live Free or Die Hard
Episode 417 — 17 Again
Episode 418 — Final Destination

Patreon Episodes:
Animation Damnation — Puss in Boots: "Brothers" (s1, e3)
The Nexus — TOS: "City on the Edge of Forever" (s1, e28) & TNG: "Elementary, Dear Data" (s2, e3)****
Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Momaw Nadon

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm pretty hype for Final Destination because that whole series loving sucks.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

I was starting to get annoyed at the attempt to turn the Joker thing into a running gag. I wanted them to just shut the gently caress up about the Joker and get back to the episode.

And then Steve got pissed off, and it was the Joker of running gags.
I loved Steve's flustered "you're about to hear a door slam."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tato posted:

They way they describe the Shrek movies makes them sound like the "Teen Movie/Superhero Movie/Scary Movie/" Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer parodies, but somehow even lazier. Like, they don't even parody have the stuff, it's just "here's a reference."
I always feel like Shrek basically opened the doors to that style of "movie", even though Scary Movie came out a year earlier. Probably because Shrek was more successful and had a much bigger pop-culture impact.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

...this was in theaters.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It made 85 million dollars.

Wikipedia posted:

The film opens with a Spartan elder inspecting three babies. The first, an ugly, talking baby ogre (Shrek the Third), is abandoned to die for its deformity; while the second, who is Vietnamese, is adopted by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Imagine being the type of person who'd find this funny. Imagine what their lives must be like.

e:

quote:

At the Battle of Thermopylae, the Persians introduce their secret weapons, Ghost Rider and Rocky Balboa, who kills Sonio with a decapitating uppercut. Captain avenges him with Botox poisoning before being struck down by Xerxes. Leonidas pursues Xerxes and plays Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas.
On top of that, that clip Tato posted is basically the end of the movie.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 12, 2019

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

For those who were curious, yes there was originally a different ending, so I'm going to S the D (spoiler the deleted scene): Turns out that after Devon Sawa and Ali Larter have sex, Ali is instantly pregnant and this screws up Death's plan because birth is how we defeat death or some horseshit, so Devon is killed when he grabs the live wire. Then we see Ali Larter six months later remembering him with their baby.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tato posted:

Death really seems to stick it to the people in these films, probably because he went to so much work setting up the ornate disasters at the beginning and then some dumb kid fucks it up. He had to set poo poo up for weeks to get all those kids on that highway and then it gets ruined. I assume that's why Death specifically avoids food poisoning, disease, or easy poo poo like that, although I do think one kid gets an aneurysm in some Final Destination film.
The thing I've honestly always wondered is why Death has to make it look like an accident. Is he worried that the FBI's going to get on his case and bring him in?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh poo poo the next episode of Nexus is going to cover "The Outrageous Okana", which may well be one of the worst and most embarrassing of all Trek episodes regardless of series.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how quickly fed up everyone is with Eric's dad jokes this episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lot of ad negging going on around here.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Firstborn posted:

I don't have tweetbook, but can someone let Steve know that the director of Jason Goes to Hell is legit making a movie about Creighton Duke, aka Jason's Van Helsing?
Is it going to be about how he got a degree in Jasonology?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Millar also wrote the original Civil War comic event, which was (surprise) loving terrible.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lemon posted:

Their Gump voices are pretty good Tobolowski impressions

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Moontrap is also great because it gave us Martin Cinemax the Third.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind a return to some 80's shlock. Haven't had a real B-movie on the show in a while.

Which reminds me, Bee Movie is another great episode.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Crowetron posted:

I don't know if I'm too late to get on the ep recommendation train but the "I LIVE FOR THIS poo poo" bit in the xXx episode is probably my favorite bit from any podcast.
That whole sequence is hilarious. "I'm Vin Diesel and this is The Strangers!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man I was so glad to hear Martin Cinemax III again. They haven't done any Cinemax Money Slot-worthy movies in ages.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm still waiting for an episode of Russell Rules.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Are there any good F13 movies

Whichever one had ROY was good.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/supremedreams_1/status/1179489869116121088?s=21

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Man that ad really disrupted the flow of the podcast.
There was a Bayer ad in last week's The Good Place: The Podcast that was just as bad. They could have at least leveled the loving sound better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man if you could really get "lack of Medicare for All is turning people gay" out there, M4A would pass tomorrow.

And man I loving lost it at the Adam Sandler/Dave Matthews conversation.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I hope the Comicon announcer guy becomes a recurring character.

"Update: Michael Baen is now home. I saw his Instagram, and he's with his dog. Looks cozy."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, this episode's great but it's making me want to relisten to the TuffTurf one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

fishing with the fam posted:

I gotta a chuckle out of Stephen having to campaign for that bit before anyone would riff on it.

Thank God he did, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I appreciate the 10 year rule too, but I wish they'd go back and do some 80's schlock again once in a while.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RIPD Goobah

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Because of this episode, I just learned that there's a loving jukebox musical based on this movie and I'm irrationally angry about that and I don't know why.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Violator posted:

I live for this poo poo!!!

I'm Vin Diesel and this is The Strangers!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

God the whole tangent about upselling movie theater popcorn going into the couple debating the membership card might be one of my favorite tangents ever. Steve's "What if a guy in a huge cowboy hat came in..." loving killed me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

One of my favorite things about Cool as Ice is that it doesn't have any of the songs Vanilla Ice was actually known for.

Another is the concept of "having a 'roni".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Yeah that's right VAAAAAAAAAAMPIRES....
Wait, that's actually from a movie?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJdn1qkIEw

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gently caress yeah Remo Williams. Nice to see the guys getting back to 80s crap action movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Big Daddy Dispatch is out, so we can stop wondering what the worst of 2020 will be.

Episode 524 — Wonder Woman 1984
Episode 525 — Dolittle
Episode 526 — Fantasy Island
Episode 527 — Bad Boys For Life

Wait are you loving kidding me that Fantasy Island came out in 2020? God time is so meaningless now.