Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I think the 90s Power Rangers movie ends the same way.

edit: how have they done the new Power Rangers but neither of those 90s movies?

Nope that ends with giant monster getting kicked in the dick and thrown into a comet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Evil Mastermind posted:

The best part is Whalberg's non-reaction to seeing his long-time friend getting turned into an ash-covered skeleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDd3xayehVg

e: The best preview image.

I had quite a few drinks in me when I saw this opening night in the theater and totally busted out laughing real hard when this happened. I was the only one laughing but I didn't really care because it's a loving transformer movie. The tonal whiplash in this scene is just loving incredible.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm glad they honored the memory of Oreobot. :patriot:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm a fan of their Busey. Mostly because it inexplicably is also their Holly Hunter.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Most of Spider-man 3 being bad is due to studio meddling and Raimi basically saying sure I'll put those things in and just purposefully tanking it right? Or is that something that I made up in my head. Also say what you will about the rest of the movie, but Franco is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKWAc_wt60

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Calaveron posted:

Is Mark Wahlberg the most recurring actor in the show at this point?

Probably Belushi.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
"Human Toilet" Adam Baldwin.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GrandpaPants posted:

Was it ever confirmed that the ep 9 change was because of that?

Other potentials:

Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Rings
The Shack
King Arthur
Ghost in the Shell

I would assume Emoji Movie is a potential episode unless that's one of those movies where they flat out said nope.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I love their Busey and their Holly Hunter which just becomes Busey as well after about 5 minutes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've been out of the WHM game for over a year. What have been some good recent episodes to listen to to remind me how funny this show is?

Off the top of my head the 300 episode was great.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Bright? More like.........dim

Does this make Will Smith the actor with the most appearances on WHM? Bad Boys II, After Earth, Suicide Squad, Wild Wild West, Winter's Tale, Collateral Beauty, and now Bright.

They also did Men in Black II.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
They better use the spooky theme for the byebye man episode otherwise what the gently caress are we even doing here?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I thought Boss Baby was fantastic. The bit about the Eraserhead baby had me in tears.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I watched Return of the Jedi so much as a kid that the tape fell apart and we had to buy a replacement.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone know the policy for Animation Damnation episode lengths? I'm pretty sure everything they've done has been cartoons that were around 20 minutes, but I really want to request this weird rear end double episode of Star Wars Droids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyJB_0DsYY

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Haven’t listened to the episode yet, but I’ve always been in the gently caress Garden State camp. I’ve never hated someone quite as much as I hated Natalie Portman’s lovely character in that movie.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AceOfFlames posted:

Didn’t he at one point just outright refuse to leave his trailer meaning that they had to shoot most of the movie without him?

I think a lot of the wide shots are his stunt double. I also recall that he never spoke to the director and only communicated through post-it notes that were all signed blade.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lemon posted:

Late to Eric chat but my favourite moment of his has got to be in the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode when one of the other guys mentions that the Easter Bunny is also voiced by Frank Welker and he just lets out this guttural cry of despair, it loving kills me every time.

One of my favorite jokes in the whole show is "If you print off Frank Welker's imdb at work you will get fired!" or however that went.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm not a New Yorker, but I can't remember the last time I payed for anything with cash and don't understand why it's a big deal. Carrying around change loving sucks.

thrawn527 posted:

I can't even think of any quotes from those movies, except, "Would you like to play a game?" and "Game over". Was it just those over and over again? Or did they become super quotable after the third movie, when I stopped watching?

"YOU BASTAAAARRRRRD!"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
That DS9 episode should be great.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I had to look that one up since I didn't remember exactly which one it was. The guys should have fun with a guy who's the scifi equivalent of the "why don't people put their phones down and talk to each other" rear end in a top hat.

It's great, too, because on Memory Alpha there's a bunch of quotes from the cast and crew talking about how they didn't like it and wishing they could take a second shot at it.

Worf has the biggest stick of all time up his rear end in that episode. "There's a war happening right now therefore everyone needs to be doing their part and nobody should be doing anything fun to take their minds off this miserable war!"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Jupin also refuses to watch Battlestar which infuriates me.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I'm only disappointed that they didn't remark on recycling, yet AGAIN, a "hero vs villain who has the exact same powerset!" ending.

Yeah but recycling is fake soooo...

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Andorra posted:

What episode was the "She's dangling and she don't even know it" from? Was that the mailbag about the teacher with the foot fetish?

I remember it popping up in Bee Movie.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Captain Hotbutt posted:

This review of Pacific Rim 2 might have been influenced by WHM:

The movie also ends on a “you’re not gonna believe this” which I’m honestly still down for even though the movie wasn’t great because robits.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Looking forward to listening them poo poo on Tim Allen across 2 episodes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Eric’s Trump impression is incredible and I would be sad if it went away.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I was glad to hear racist John Rhys Davies make a return.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Whoops! Looks like the guys Paul Walkered Art Bell.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Off the top of my head the best kinda recent ones were Boss Baby, 300, Ghost Rider, Highlander II, Samurai Cop, and all the Transformers episodes.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Cider in the house is a fantastic pun.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I love how his Lambert inevitably veers towards Schwarznegger.

I feel like half of Eric's impressions gradually get closer to Arnold the longer he stays in the bit.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Was there no April mailbag?

I think it's coming late. They recorded this one with all of their wives so scheduling probably pushed it back a bit.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I rewatched all of the X-files about a year back before the new episodes came out and I still can't remember what the gently caress happens in I want to believe. Xibit is there with a pedophile priest and something about Russian dog heads I think?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Both of the new X-files seasons were pretty drat good in the middle. The problem with them was they were both bookended by horrible Chris Carter episodes that spat in the face of the characters and any fans that were still onboard. I get that he’s the creator, but someone should have wrestled control away from him. How you can keep churning out absolute failures like he did towards the end of his run and be allowed to keep trying, I have no idea.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Depends on the movie. I rewatched the Transformers movies last year and Spider-man 3 when they did them, but I also enjoy how bafflingly stupid those movies are.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New episode might be an all timer holy poo poo! Blob the movie theater usher had me dying.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just got out of Jurassic World 2. Can’t wait for January.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
When is this goddamn commentary dropping already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The movie is somehow better than the book if you can believe it.