Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

it's the one thing Jason does that isnt remotely funny. what a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

It’s tough with the series because with the pirates movie, absolutely yes, the things just blend together and at some point it was just white noise story wise and I had no idea what was goin on, but then you take something like the Friday the 13th series and I would’ve loved episodes on the earlier movies instead of starting with 7/8/9 and a 2009 inclusion but then throwing the rest into a 45 minute grab bag. At least those movies are all somewhat more unique and do different deals with each flick and have plenty of dumb characters to riff on.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I watched melrose and 90210 as a young child with no idea or grasp of what was going on week to week so it’s nice to have jokes to what was ostensibly a fever dream of my childhood.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hockles posted:

I have no interest in Star Trek, and I have never watched an episode or movie. But, I still listen to and enjoy the Nexus and whatever movies they do.

Go into it with the mindset that they are going to have a lot of fun at the expense of the album/band/genre

Bingo. I havent watched every single movie they've talked about, but I sure as hell still listened to the episodes.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

one thing i dont like with falling asleep with an ear bud in my ear is the ever mounting fear that it'll be in my ear as I roll over with too much pressure and it gets stuck in there.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

admataY posted:

So, before next week.. everyone Agree Final destination 2 is easly the best one in the series right ?

I rewatched the entire series back in April.

ranking:

1>5>2>3>4

1 is the most movie something could resemble in this series, 5 because of where it goes and it goes places, 2 for the classic opening and window pane gag, 3 and 4 its a toss up in pure garbage.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Before I did my rewatch I would have said 1>2>5>3>4 easily, but watching two again it drags just enough in parts and doesnt get to the good stuff or is at least somewhat entertaining enough in the not killing scenes that it dropped behind 5 which at least has some funny bits, David Koechner and a bit more Tony Todd than part 2 to make it better and the dumb funny ending and the weird preppy clone of Christian Bale.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Silentgoldfish posted:

I think they're just doubling the sound clips because it's a sequel themed horror month.

Like a lot of sequels it sort of does and sort of doesn’t. At least they chose not to set the theme song inside a hospital (mental or physical) after the events of the first movie but the killer/entity is still after them!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Evil Dead 2menntary is quite good.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

But that seems like a perk. It’s like you hired millions of Norm McDonalds to do your dirty work.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The New Mutants should definitely be on their worst of 2020 list next year. I don’t even think it was that bad, but there’s so much and so little going on in that movie. At least an honorable mention for even managing to come out in some form.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I’d really like a Birds of Prey commentary.

Birds of Preymmentary,

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Joker is a great movie to put on in the background, but if you're digging for any sort of grander meaning or social critique you're either 13 years old and just watched Fight Club for the first time or are a 4ch chud.

but hey, its ok to like a movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Henker posted:

I was fine with the film character in a vacuum, but I have no idea why they slapped the Cassandra Cain name on her. She was effectively a different character.

The brain trust behind the DC output is just no Kevin Feige. Say what you will about Marvel movies, but comparatively they care a whole lot more about establishing characters you want to see and how they’re built from the comics with a lot more care than DC seems to do.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I dont care for the first movie of the month, but the rest of the month is solid gold with a great commentary. Good month ahead.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

it is the "Oh, who could care" movie of the month for me.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Marin Karin posted:

The Hobbit movies are depressingly cynical, and the behind the scenes stuff doesn't make it any better. There's a picture of Ian McKellen breaking down on set because he couldn't take acting against a bunch of green screen anymore. :smith:

Oh do you mean WTFFUNFACT #3960?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

as long as its a gif heavy OP

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cael posted:

If you have to ask, you don’t want to know. And I say that as a fan.

bingo.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Guess I'll be listening to the Nexus for the first time in forever.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

Oh gently caress yes. I can’t wait for this.

Not for nothing, but why weren’t you listening to the Nexus this entire time? It might be my favorite thing they put out.

It was always hit and miss with me. Especially for a property I enjoy I just kept thinking "Why am I just not watching this episode?". Whereas the 90210/Melrose Place shows, a pair of shows I dont really consider myself a fan, but rabid about the podcast eps.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They need to do Star Wars Babies already. All the characters are babies and go to the same daycare and all of their adventures are imagination. Give me that.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hockles posted:

Then they cut to random clips of the OG Muppet Show all the time.

And when the OG muppets start imagining things it cuts to clips from the rugrats

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I got Trek Babies.... kinda

ok, new idea. Star Trek Babies playing in a malfunctioning holodeck, cause the Star Wars universe to be created and because its malfunctioning, the quality level of star wars is as consistent as its been in our universe (bad) and those star wars babies dream in Baby Looney Tunes with plenty of crossover from Marvel Babies and Watchmen Babies.

the Babies universe. tell me that wouldnt make trillions of dollars.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

That would not make trillions of dollars.

you severely underestimate consumers need to eat poo poo and say its great *looks at Cyberpunk 2077* :colbert:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

thrawn527 posted:

Hasn't that game been pulled from console stores and both Microsoft and Sony is offering refunds on it? Is it making "trillions"?

it sold through 13 million copies.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

2009 and Beyond are awesome movies and easily some of my favorite of the entire franchise. I disliked Into Darkness strongly, but I'm on the Jupin Approved 4K train and I have some amazon funny money from christmas so I bought the 4K disc and will re-appraise it myself. If it still sucks, well at least I didnt have to pay for it out of pocket.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I don't know, Beyond just felt like a good episode of a Star Trek TV show with a high budget. The Enterprise intercepts a distress call and goes to an undiscovered planet and finds a powerful alien presence that threatens the ship and its crew, but it turns out not to be exactly what it seems. It's been done a million times, but it's a story that works. The movie does a decent job of deploying the full cast of the Enterprise, and mixing them up a little bit: the Spock-McCoy bonding stuff was nice. It does fully waste Idris Elba though.

There's nothing groundbreaking about Beyond, but it's a nice movie to watch at the movies.

I think that’s why I liked it so much. It was an episode of Star Trek with a big budget and it’s just a lot of drat fun playing in the sandbox of the Star Trek universe. The guys hit the nail on the head that the early movies are very self serious with peppered in fun bits, but the Kelvin stuff is more trying to hit those fun beats with a well honed story (into darkness comes in today so I will see where that sits) that I don’t need to think about too much and maybe the threat can eventually be huge, but in the movie if I remember correctly it’s not a “the whole universe collapses if the bad guys win right away” the way so many big franchise movies can be.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Into Darkness wasn’t as bad as I remember it being. Bumbercatch is pretty good as Khan and there’s some good sequences here and there with the Klingon ground fight, the opening volcano bit and Peter Weller going rogue, but it’s such a tonal shift from the spirited and bright first one that it’s a bit like getting the same meal again but now it’s over cooked and not as good as the last time. Explains why Beyond is so colorful and easier to manage from a story POV.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I don’t even know if New Mutants would be worth doing a “worst of 2020” episode for.... it’s not even bad it’s just boring.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

watching wonder woman 84 right now in preparation...this... this is bad.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1342680937847533568?s=21

I got to this scene and shouted noooooooooo at my tv

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

movie critics were blue ball'd all year and now they're finally wylin' out. I see it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

gently caress YEA another excuse to rewatch the WLM ep.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Chris Pine is the most redeeming actor in WW84. Any time he was on screen I was there for it, but he's only it for like sub-30 minutes at most. What a shame there probably wont be another stark trek... drat.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i can confirm a duck egg/bacon sandwich is bomb. we had/have a restaurant that served them. no idea if they're still around due to covid.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Did anyone else buy a ticket for the live show? It’s my fourth “live show” from home thing (bought tickets for two Oh Sees shows and a Kaytranada set). It’s not a bad way to do things for now.

Andrew dropped that Karate Kid 2 is on the docket for February.

dorium fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 5, 2021

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I do love that most of the gang refers to video games in very old man ways. Steve with the “Drakes Uncharted”.

Feel like that’s what my dad would ask the GameStop employee for during Christmas season.

Good livestream so far.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Billy Gnosis posted:

Cabins dick digression was amazing

ive definitely been Chris and Andrew in both their public situations in the same levels of inhebriation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ooh im glad i checked back to this thread. i wanted to have an audio version of this and it seems with a little work, I'll be able to.