Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Catching up to god quicker

"Is there AIDS in Olive Kitteridge? Probably not."- Eric Movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I feel ripped off by the lack of pizza.net :argh:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

They're way too old and white for me to adopt any of their slang but I think I'm going to start saying "STAAAAATION" :smaug:
Bringing it back

And man this really is a wonderful Keanu impression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5tNmsf-pgE

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jar Jar (Snoke) hates Sand People

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

OurIntrepidHero posted:

For some reason the new commentary is showing up as costing more than zero dollars on iTunes. You can keep it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

yeah I love their silly lovely Mark W impressions, they keep lapsing into Of Mice and Men for me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I knew enough about it to know that but it never clicked with me that it was all a snarky bro Marky Mark autobio
that's weird

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The strongest tag team is family

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

So when the scriptwriter wrote that line, do you think he leaned back with the feeling of a job well done, or eyed the loaded pistol on his desk and tried to decide if today was the day?
Blame it on Rio.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Be warned, this is not an episode for beginners (as they jokingly warn at the beginning). WHM After Dark. And one hosed up movie.
What's weird for me is I'd actually already seen the film as a kid somehow. This was the random not-quite-big-name creepy WHM movie that I'd actually seen for once. It was all the more disturbing bringing back memories of that poo poo.

:pedo::yikes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I think the mistake was letting Max Landis in your heart even a little bit in the first place. He's like the Noid, or the Krampus.

and have they still not seen Krampus? They keep telling that lame story about some dude being confused about a movie in a movie theater as if that's some great film quality thermometer

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Blame it on Rio is easily one of my top 5 favorite episodes because there's just so much to talk about in the movie itself.
it's like an onion of terrible, yeah. like I had no idea going into the episode that Michelle Johnson was underage and her parents had to sign off on her involvement or whatever happened (the wiki says a judge gave her permission???), even though I'd already seen the movie. there are just layers.
it makes looking for gifs of blame it on rio online a risky experience

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I have a soft spot for 18 Again! and Wolf.
they have good?? psychosexual pranking.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

*sees title of new episode downloading*
Oh...oh no....

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

You're telling me you didn't treasure every moment spent with President Hot Dog?
I know him as president chewie
Looks like...SOmEbody's more important

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The witches can PAY for the bee wall, dummy! #makeamericagreatagain

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

That Shaggy can go straight back to hell, man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I liked the one guy talking about buying single issue comics but holding his nose at the other guy watching kids cartoons as a grownass man (to be fair I'd probably turn my nose up at BOTH OF 'EM). Wait I might be mixing nose analogies.
I also liked Paul Ryan's appearance.
It's nothing personal but I think it's impossible for me for some reason to keep track of their names (I might be racist about how white guy voices blend and switch identities for me sometimes when there's more than like three of them) or which one is which...Eric...and uh....Steve???? Spike??? I love 'em all though. I know their roles, not their names, like Stone Cold Steve Austin (or wait, I mean the Rock).

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 30, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

yeah, I agree, that shaggy is really representative of hip current youth imagery through the eyes of a 48 year old ad executive or something

edit: which I guess was probably what the original shaggy was, which I guess means this one is technically perfect.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 31, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

YOU RIP THAT GUY'S DICK OFF OR YOU'RE NOT MY SON

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I can't wait for them to read that email!
No, I can't wait for them to read that email!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I'm going to just request they rewatch and do another episode on Blame it on Rio

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

I never thought Cabin took anything away from the show but man, the silliness has just reached new heights now that it's the same three guys every week.
Yeah. Zoo is good though. Just in a really eerie way.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

"Jesus Christ is a vicious night spirit"- Eric Szyszka

Also my dad snuck me into The Brown Bunny and I once watched Irreversible and also Visitor Q with my parents so I think I might be able to beat that cosmic exception
My dad's a huge intellectual film snob and both my parents were the intelligentsia types so yeahhhhh. I've seen some weird rear end movies with my parents

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 18, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I physically shuddered once they cruelly brought the concept of a Jeff DunhamxLarry the Cable Guy mashup/mutant to life by thinking about it

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You really need to write in, they're gonna poo poo themselves at that

thrawn527 posted:

Yes, do this, please.
How do you do that again? Shoot an email at weallhatemovies@gmail.com ??

I'm sure they'll get a kick out of me silently eating breakfast cereal in my parents' living room on a Saturday morning while we all awkwardly distressingly endured Monica Bellucci being horribly raped for like ten minutes but for my money there's no movie more awkward to watch with your parents than loving Visitor Q.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Gaspar is all about family. Haven't you seen I Stand Alone?

Fun enough live ep, though generally I enjoy live episodes of podcasts least and this series is no exception

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

e X posted:

Both shows are amazing in how little they actually resemble ancient times in any way or form. It's basically your typical pseudo medieval European fantasy world, but occasionally they namedrop a city or a famous person. I think Xena in the end covered the entirety of mythological times up to the early middle ages in the span of a couple of years. Who knew that the fall of Lucifer, Ceaser's reign, Jesus birth and entire lifetime and the rise of Christianity all happened in the same 5 years?
You're talking about Road Rovers and Samurai Pizza Cats, right? :agreed:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Eric Movie, in a new script from Steven Today...

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Did they really spend 2 minutes making fun of "Do you have stairs in your house"? That was great.
You're hallucinating, man.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

"His first words to me were not at all surprising, 'Sup bro?'"
:jerkbag:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I'd rather be the tiniest hulk than the doughiest man in a party of fat mans

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

"I got a beard now. I-I-I'm a man!"- Jake Gyllenhaal

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Sure didn't take em long for the first THAT'S NOT SUPERMAN
Like, ok

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I just kind of wish people could just say "I didn't like this interpretation of the character." They're comic book characters not fixed matters of doctrine
I don't know much about comic books but I'm pretty sure these dumb characters get reinterpreted and adapted in a billion different ways and alternative ways over time. It's so nerd inflexible. Like, sorry, but that IS Superman, that IS Batman. If you didn't like that Superman and that Batman that's totally fine. Not like I'm actually shelling out money to see this crappy looking movie myself.
Aren't the old school Batman and Superman comics always up to poo poo that would seem weird related to their typical modern depictions? I always hear about weird classic Batmen and see super dickery.

MY Superman slaps the Jap it's what he does :colbert:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Although i guess that isn't batman...it's...THE GOTHAM BAT
Weird if they really don't say batman throughout the whole movie. Not even "the Bat man"??

Like I guess you could just interpret a person's "that's not (character name)!!!" as "I really didn't like this version of this character" but it always comes off as kinda lame to me

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 29, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

MY Superman is so fast and badass that he'd totally X Ray everything and stop all threats and fly 20 people out before anything happened pshew pshew pshew

I guess that sort of thing is what makes him Superman though. He's super, man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

lol at "those horse screams stayed with me for good...until I met your mother."
What a movie

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The episode kind of made me wanna check the movie out if it didn't sound so exhaustingly long
Just no way I can put that many hours in a movie theater for superheroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Snyder does love Ayn Rand and Frank Miller....
That quote where he clunkily compared himself to Verhoeven after 300 does make me wonder how much he actually believes though
People kind of easily fall into this "oh man what a neck tattooed dude bro" cliche with him in a kind of tiresome way, even WHM did it, like I'm pretty sure the dude is an enormous comic book dork regardless of the fact he likes to lift
Then again, he did say he wanted to adapt The Fountainhead. I hope it's full of slow motion piss jars and burlesque shows and at least one Oscar Isaac song and dance number (anything to post this again)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVExpGMuB0