Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Invalid Validation posted:

I kinda liked Speed 2, definitely not a good movie, but it is a fun ride.

I feel the same way. It's a fun bad movie instead of a boring bad movie.

Speaking of that, I watch London Has Fallen last weekend and it was the same category of bad movie. Our hero definitely American "Mike" is saved by the president when the president comes out from hiding in a closet and shoots a bad guy point blank in the head. Mike says "Glad you finally came out of the closet." Groannnnn

Hope it is a stay tuned too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

sean10mm posted:

The scene in Olympus has Fallen where the Secret Service runs in waves like cartoon lemmings into an open field to get shot by North Korean machine-gun fire is the greatest thing. It's so stupid and it just doesn't stop happening until like 100 guys in dark suits have been gibbed in the dumbest way possible. :allears:

At the beginning of the sequel, the president of Holland (I think) is in a boat on the Thames traveling to the British PM's funeral. Then a big rear end barge full of explosives sails up and blows him up.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Evil Mastermind posted:

So while I was a fan of the cartoon back in the day, I never watched the movie.

Do they really mispronounce Aang's name as "Ahng" in the movie? Because, I mean...it's in the cartoon.

Yes. I guess M. Knight thought it was more correct for some reason. It says a lot about him.

Also the kid that plays Aang is the biggest wiener ever and looks like he could break out it in tears in any given scene for any emotion. Maybe they mention it in the podcast (I'm only half way through and can finish it until later today) but the actor was cast because he looked like Aang and could do all the Tai Chi moves. M. Knight sent him to an acting boot camp for a few months and figured that would be adequate for the main character of a big budget movie based on a beloved carton.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Last Airbender feels like it broke them. It's gotta be hard to think of fresh takes on a movie that pretty much every bad movie podcast has done, but I thought it was really good! There anger at just how poor everything about it was came through and I was dying laughing on my commute.

I went looking for a bunch of highlights from the film after listening to the podcast. The slow moving rock from the Earth benders is the greatest.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Stabler eating tiger meat and a monkey popping out of a basketball and hugging Cragen are peak SVU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I gave HDTGM a shot a few months ago and turned it off halfway through. It just felt like they were shouting over each other to get their jokes in constantly and it had no real flow. Like they all just pre-wrote their gags and were fighting over who get to talk.