Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Watch Satan Die is a pretty good band name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I'm gonna see if I can get them to do Starship Troopers. It'll be ten years next year so they might not go with it, but it's a pretty dumb movie and I think they'd have fun with it. I'm sure they'd like to know more.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

Can't remember if they've ever talked about their stance on Verhoeven in previous LRMs (I vaguely remember them mentioning Showgirls as a movie that won't be on the show) but I doubt they'd do that one. Also ST isn't bad, it's just Verhoeven at his craziest and the satire aspect of it gets kind of muddled. It doesn't help that all the violence and boobs made a lot of critics at the time skip right over that part of it.

Maybe one of the DTV sequels?

Yeah, that seems like a safe bet. Which one is the one where the Sky Marshals do that dance sequence? They'd love that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

It's because Pacific Rim owns.

Really enjoyed the mailbag this month, the slow slide into depravity throughout the emails was fantastic. I don't have any cinema horror stories on that level to share but I've got a lot of movie-going left in me! Might write in something for next month.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The descriptions of the piss jar and MARTHA??? kinda made me want to see the movie, but I barely survived Return of the King and I don't think I can sit nearly 3 hours for what sounds like the most unfun superhero movie ever just for a piss joke.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Amazing. :allears:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Hamsterman was loving incredible.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Strong hot dog opinions on this podcast.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

"Hey, Andross! Bend over and I'll show ya!"

Had to suppress laughter at work. Good job, guys.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I think I got in on the Green Lantern live episode, which is a weird entry point but ho boy what a time!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

They're comedians first and move critique second-ish(?). I dunno how much I'd get out of them talking about cinematography or color theory or what have you, and the only time they mention lighting is when they complain about it being too dark. If they cared to drop any technical stuff they found interesting in there, I wouldn't mind, but it's not why I listen to them.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Glad they brought up the lovely glamorising of Joker and Harley's relationship, because the movie seems like it was written by the kind of people who missed the point of it.

"Thanks for showing up, Katana."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Space Jam was put on way too many times during the "we ain't gotta teach poo poo" periods of secondary school.

It's that or the Land Before Time sequels. Basically all animated garbage.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

"Stevestiality" right at the start is loving incredible.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Jupin's tweeted out that the new Power Rangers movie is the next on-screen. This past month has been "WHM hurts itself" month. :ohdear:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I finished it and Elizabeth Banks covered in dirt eats hobo tooth fillings and gold jewelry to create a gold monster, and you're defending this movie.

That sounds awesome though? :confused:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The lamest thing about the movie is that Power Rangers has already done an obstensibly "grim n gritty" series where they still managed to keep it fun and goofy and for kids, and they didn't need to have bull cum jokes or a minor plot point about spreading nudes. Corporations don't learn from past ventures at all, huh?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I saw Transformers 2 in theatres and wanted to die during that hour-long final battle.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Andrew Jupin Vs Stephen Sadjak Vs Chris Cabin Vs Eric Syzka!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Andrew's cackle at Eric being stoned in a 7/11 is incredible.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Eric's bizarre insistence on figuring out if Transformers kiss was weird.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Two is very very bad and made me not see any of the others outside of clips of Optimus being a psychopath and murdering everything, so there's that. Five looks like it's going balls deep on the psycho Optimus too so that might come back around to amazing.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Writing is hard though. :saddowns:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Man, they skipped over Optimus' psycho face removal.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I think Eric's despairing "This is so stupid" covers all of it. I hope they get further into the psycho weird poo poo though, because just reporting on the general action just kinda reveals how much of a slog each one is.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Optimus has died and ressurected more times than Jesus. It's basically his deal. Big red truck, freedom, dies a lot.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The movies could have done with the same tactic. Lady robots are cool. Why don't we get to hang with the lady robots? Get rid of Ratchet, nobody cares about him. The character bloat is ridiculous. The second movie has Sideswipe, the magic rollerskating bot, for like ten minutes. Get him in! You only really need Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream, and swap the cast around them. You get to sell new toys! We get to have focus on these things for more than a few seconds.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Doesn't he die in 4?

...what have I done with my life :smith:

I don't know, I didn't watch past two and some disjointed clips of three.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Pacific Rim was fun and good. Giant robots and Charlie Day. Whoever said it was a masterpiece of feminism is an idiot but it's not shoving cameras up women's assholes or violently murdering them so on that basis alone it's infinitley more watchable than Transformers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Marvel has been getting better with villain visual design - Guardians 2 in particular shines for me - but I agree with the gang that blockbusters are resorting to really incoherent and uninteresting design. Hell, Power Rangers went for "melted action figure" as an aesthetic because the people making that were terrified of putting a robot dinosaur on the screen.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Episode has dropped for me and there's a pretty good tangent about TaleSpin.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

They won't say it but they like Transformers more each movie. I hear it in their voices.

Stockholm syndrome exists, it's true.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

His "What the gently caress?" when exposed to the racist Mexican puppet during the Tango and Cash episode was amazing.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I feel like being a drug fiend is step one of being a movie critic, just due to Strugeon's law. Gotta get through those Adam Sandlers somehow.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

...the first time?

Clickety clack, clickety clack.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I'm gonna throw a few bucks at the Patreon. These dudes have provided me so much fun that I might as well. Missed a chance to see them when I went to Manhattan last month, so hopefully they can get funded to live the dream!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Oh my god I'm so glad I signed up for Patreon, the Super Mario Bros Super Show episode is incredible. Eric no-selling the Birdo gallery with "she's down on her luck" had me in stitches.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

I watched Balance of Terror off the back of the Nexus episode, and I was really impressed with how they'd make a tense Hunt for Red October/The Enemy Below scenario with what appears to be no budget. Also the first Original Series Star Trek episode I've watched, to my memory!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I can't believe they're calling Geostorm one of the worst movies of 2017. They said it'd probably be their favorite of the worst of 2017, but still. Geostorm was ridiculously stupid and a ton of fun throughout. I wouldn't even dream of calling it one of the worst of 2017.

The Bye-Bye Man sounds pretty bad from everything I've heard, though.

Geostorm came up on TV once and I couldn't believe it wasn't a parody of these kinds of world ending disaster movies. Everything about it was incredibly goofy but it felt like it wasn't leaning in quite hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Silence of the Dominos is amazing. What an episode!