Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

thrawn527 posted:

Pig being violently face-fist-hosed voice: "It's a living."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I saw Shrek 2 once or twice.

The PS2 game was a lot of fun, weirdly enough

There is a Power Stone-esque Shrek fighting game that is actually super deep and technical and has a thriving underground tourney scene.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

AceOfFlames posted:

How the gently caress did this guy write the brilliance that is Superman: Red Son? He must have had a ghostwriter chained in his basement.

Itís never been confirmed, but itís pretty commonly believed that Grant Morrison ghostwrote most/all of Red Son.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Calaveron posted:

So whatís the reason they killed the kraken off? Budgetary restraints? Wrote themselves into a corner where they couldnít fit the noodle monster along the toilet flush of a final battle?

There was only room for one big monster in the script, and the franchise was long overdue for A GIANT WOMAN!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

That's good news. I was afraid for a minute that he may have actually gone through with divorcing his wife, Betty Boop.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

I will never leave my cult, the Order of Boop!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

thrawn527 posted:

Okay, the number two rule of movies.

Crystal Skull does bring number two to mind!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

thrawn527 posted:

Gymkata is a serious early gem. And, to me, was a clear indicator of how much better this show was than How Did This Get Made, which did the same movie, but who's episode on it was no where near as funny. It's when I realized that these "amateurs", even that early on, were so much funnier than actual "professionals".

I've not heard the HDTGM on Gymkata but I imagine it went something like this.

Mantzoukas: WHY is this GUY so OBSESSED with GYMNASTICS!?
Raphael: Gymnastics? Is that what that was? OH is that why the movie is called GYMkata?
Scheer: *reads Wikipedia page on Kurt Thomas in its entirety*

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Excited for Cool World.

My wife got really into Bakshi last summer and had never seen any of his movies, so she bought the DVD sight unseen and insisted we watch it as soon as it arrived. She hasn't said a word about it, or him, since.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Marin Karin posted:

You could just get away with making actual movies out of your specific fetishes back then huh. Nowadays it's all under the insane tab.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

To be fair, I would have plenty of nice things to say about Monkeybone if I were otherwise discussing Cool World.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Gonna suggest Strange Magic because gently caress it.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Any kind of elemental warrior was catnip for me as a kid, so I was really into Warriors of Virtue and got all the action figures but I somehow never saw the movie.

I'm sure I would have loved it because I was dumb as hell, but it's cathartic now hearing about it being boring dogshit that I missed out on by a hair.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

Did they seriously call the lead guy Cole and not Kole?

He doesn't get Cage privileges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skeleton War 2020

I feel like Escape from LA was made the same way as Gremlins 2 in the Key & Peele sketch. Everyone just sat around a table shouting ideas at random and it all got put in the movie, for better or worse. Bruce Campbell is the clear highlight, though.