Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Just called in Windows, which is definitely the most horrible legitimate movie I've ever seen. If they play my call on the air you'll see that I sound particularly nervous and horrible. BTW calling the hotline internationally only works from the Skype ap, not the Skype for web beta thing so if you're an international caller, don't try and do Skype for web.

Do you think the gang mind if you call in more than once? There's more than one movie I'd like them to cover, but they did tweet that the one I called in last year was a Stay Tuned. So maybe there's not much point calling it in again because it's already on their radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Ror posted:

If anyone is curious the WHM subreddit has a huge list of all the stay tuneds, i think it's got most of them: http://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

Haha, mine is the first one posted to Twitter. I might be the only one pushing that movie, but I'm pushing it HARD.

Edit: called it in.

Infamous Sphere fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 3, 2015

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Well, now that Listener Request Month is up, anyone wanna own up to stuff they called in that didn't get picked up for this go-round? My big one was Sweet Liberty, which was written and directed by its star, Alan Alda, with Michael Caine, Bob Hoskins, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Lillian Gish in supporting roles. I also called in 1999's Resurrection, a Se7en wannabe starring Christopher Lambert (who also got a story credit, somehow) and directed by Highlander/Highlander II's Russell Mulcahy, and House of Cards with Tommy Lee Jones as a child psychologist and Kathleen Turner as the mom trying to reach her traumatized daughter through the use of VR and giant-sized playing cards.

I called in Windows, because it's the worst "legitimate" (i.e. made by people who really should have known better) movie I could have seen - it's offensive as gently caress AND it's one of those New York pre Giuliani sleaze movies that Andrew seems to have some kind of appreciation for. Basically, some woman gets raped in the first seven minutes, by a taxi driver who looks like Andre the Giant, who records her rape on a tape recorder. Turns out he was a hired surrogate rapist for this Evil Lesbian friend of the main woman. Everyone in the movie is an idiot, there's a scene where a frozen cat falls out of a freezer, and absolutely everything in the movie is brown. Also has a score by Ennio Morricone, but it's his worst score - it takes about 37 minutes into the movie before we get any music at all, and it's just a very half-arsed one handed series of notes.

I also called in The Watcher because it's my favourite bad movie ever. It's trying so hard to be cool, and it's colossally stupid. Keanu Reeves plays a gay dancing serial killer who has a crush on James Spader, who plays a drugged-out FBI agent. They did say at some point that this one was a stay tuned, so I have my fingers crossed that they'll get around to it soon.

weekly font posted:

Still trying to get them to look at Vibrations. I think it's all on YouTube and you should go watch it to find out why.

I saw Vibrations yesterday! I would absolutely love WHM to take a look at it - because it's even odder than you think it's going to be. For a start, the movie is mostly a drama. Yeah, it's not like..a fun teen movie, it's a Serious Drama about a man's trauma after a brutal accident. The first thirty or so minutes were actually kind of depressing. Was terribly confused also because all the women in the movie look the same, so I thought that Welding Woman and Annamika were the same person at first.
I also love the elaborate way he got revenge on the people responsible for his missing hands, because it made so much less sense than if he'd just called the police on them.
Oh and if you want to see James Marshall's chest hair, this is the movie for you! Every shot features some of it.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Weekend at Bernies has the most bizarre plot for a mainstream comedy movie. An hour and a half of two dorks playing with a corpse.

Yeah, that's some Jeffrey Dahmer poo poo right there.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Firstborn posted:

I love how his nose grows when he becomes The Shadow, and the opening where he has long coke fingers and a bed full of ladies and a dagger with a face bitches at him. Also Tim Curry gets to do his snorting, derisive guffaws about double crossing someone. I love when he does that.

That sounds incredible. I can't wait.

Hockles posted:

My god. It doesn't stop. And it's great.

As someone who was probably THE ONLY person championing The Watcher being on WHM (it's my favourite bad movie of all time), I was incredibly loving happy with this episode. The bit where they're talking about "LEE HARVEY OSMOND" and "ADOLF TIT-LER" had me doing that uncontrollable near-silent sob laughter that causes people to come into the room and ask why you're crying.
Now, I'm pretty much the only person who finds The Watcher hilarious, but I would absolutely tell you to see it if you haven't already. It's got insanely horrible camerawork and visual effects (fast-mo! Slow-mo! Shaky cam! Things turning negative! Everything looking like the Smack My Bitch Up video! Keanu's cheap camcorder eyes!), Keanu's dancing is probably the worst dancing I've ever seen (and they film his dancing in pseudo ripoff bullet time!) and the Keanu/Spader homoeroticism is incredible/so awkward. I still don't know whether it was intentional or not - but if it wasn't intentional, Joe Charbanic is one hell of a naive dude.

I still maintain that the only way this movie makes sense is if it ended with Spader's character waking up in bed with his boyfriend Keanu, and going "I just had a really weird dream where you were a serial killer who was obsessed with me!"

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

The Watcher is such a strange movie to me. It's a movie about a serial killer being hunted by an FBI agent, starring Keanu Reeves and James Spader. And James Spader doesn't play the serial killer?! What the gently caress?

Alcohollywood definitely brought it up in their review of it.
It probably would have made far more sense if the roles were reversed. Spader is creepy, and Keanu is about as threatening as a golden retriever wearing a party hat. But if they'd done that, the movie wouldn't have been so gloriously awful.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Count Chocula posted:

The Phantom comics are huge in Australia.

gently caress I always hated The Phantom, it was one of those comics they always ran in newspapers like the aforementioned Prince Valiant (which we thankfully didn't get here, but sounded lame as poo poo) and those Spider man comics where he'd be driving to Mary Jane's birthday party for a month. I mean there was nothing particularly funny or interesting about the story - it was the sort of thing that kids might have liked back in the 30s or 50s or something when a white guy living in a vaguely racist tribe of "natives" was cool. They also always did this thing where several panels in a row would just be orange. Or purple. Like all the light in that scene was orange/purple, because the colourist couldn't be hosed colouring individual things so they went "oh yeah there's a REALLY STRONG ORANGE LIGHT in this scene for some reason!" Godawful.

Did anyone like The Phantom at all? Because I never met anyone who did.

(Also shout out to Ginger Meggs which is a similarly awful comic, but at least less pretentious. He goes down the hill in his billycart, crashes, and sometimes he expresses the controversial opinion that "SKOOL SUCKS". That's the comic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Oh it turns out there ARE people who like The Phantom - specifically northern tribespeople in Papua New Guinea! Huh.