Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I'm just upset the wrong son died (BIOOS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

precision posted:

On the other hand, why not cast whoever the director thinks can do the job the best

Agreed

#whitepower

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Somebody call in Cemetery Dance 'cause I'm too lazy.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

loving dying at nerds taking a stand for loving Power Rangers after like 250 episodes of this podcast

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Even some of the not-great episodes have some really funny moments.

From Don't Tell Her It's Me:

-Guttenberg in this movie is an incel
-What's an incel?
-It's a reddit word for ''piece of poo poo''

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

They say more, but I don't remember it off hand. I think Eric defines the incel community as an ''endless spiral of bitterness and hate,'' which is probably the most accurate description I've seen.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I've probably listened to every episode at least twice now, so I'm thinking of posting my thoughts on each one as I re-listen from now.

I guess that's a warning.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Man I miss when somebody low-key posted the new episode 2 days early in the back catalogue.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Ben is just terrible but I don't know why.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Battle Rockers posted:

Ben Worcester is a national treasure. Try Blame It On Outer Space sometime.

I love BIOOS and Ben is okay on that sometimes.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

He ain't wrong about the Republican part.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

There's a teaser for a new Halloween episode of Blame it on Outer Space ya'll

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

bruh that ALF joke slayed me

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Typical Eric, obfuscating the real issues behind mumbo-jumbo nobody cares about. I want the truth: Where are my new BIOOS episodes?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This new episode aggravates me. They're coming into the series way late and have no idea what's going on and Fate of the Furious was nowhere near one of the worst movies of last year. All the gripes they have about this movie are moments that were entertaining as gently caress.

It's the Parademons all over again

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

236 pages and the movie that made someone go ''THEY'RE WRONG ABOUT THIS ONE GUYS'' was a Fast & Furious sequel smh

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

These Headgum guest are just not very good are they.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

You have to be real triggered to be bothered by the Trump impressions, considering they're a one liner 99% of the time.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

No Eric? You can keep it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's a great episode. You're doing yourself a disservice with that attitude.

Eric or bust

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Chainsawdomy posted:

Are there any recommendations for 'classic' episodes of Blame it on Outer Space? I've listened to the first couple and enjoyed them well enough, but I know I got into WHM by listening to stuff from later on when they'd nailed the format, then doubling back.

I like the spooky stories ones. Black eyed kids too.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

I wish they'd read a loving comic book.

i wish the opposite

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Deadguy2322 posted:

I gave them a shot, but Iím out. American podcasters need to grow up and realize nobody cares how much you hate Trump, unless your podcast is about politics. I want to hear about lovely movies. If I wanted to hear about lovely governments I could watch the news at home.

ok

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Does anyone have the BIOOS episodes backed up?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I upgraded to the Nexus level on the Patreon, and if you're holding out, I can heartily recommend it.

Don't know poo poo about Star Trek, don't watch it, don't like it, but the Nexus episodes are fantastic. There's like 22 of them now, plus various commentaries.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Not a huge fan of guests on this podcast tbh

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

how dare you charge money for an eric-less episode

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Didn't someone clip the part with the hotel clerk in Seven? I can't find it.

What episode was that anyway?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

What's the best way to listen to the commentaries?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Cyber seduction is the only episode you need.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I don't really like guests on this show but she was great.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I believe 1,2,3 and...six? I think are good. Whichever is the one with the psychic powers girl.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Had that issue with Pocketcasts, switched to Castbox and it works fine.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Wow this guest sucks

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

His constant laughing at every line is really annoying that's all. Feels like there's just too many people for a podcast.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I still love the podcast but slowly realizing I don't like episodes of recent movies, be it this year's or ''recent'' as in 10 years ago. It feels like dumb but weird 80s and 90s movies make better episodes than just dumb movies from the 2000s forward.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

sponges posted:

Iím going to check it out. I love Danny Boyle and the Beatles. I suspect theyíre too hard on it

Saw it the other day, honestly it was kind of depressing for some reason. It sucked rear end is what I'm trying to say.

I wish they kept going with Beverly Hills, its the perfect kind of nonsense show that makes for good episodes.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

It's probably a lot more fun listening to the boys talk about rather than rewatch any of this poo poo, I feel. Like I used to listen to a podcast that was just a woman solo talking about what happened in each episode of Little House on the Prairie (with a little bit of commentary and jokes, but nothing crazy) and oh boy was it a lot better than actually watching any of it.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Countdown until someone Kramers into the thread complaining that the boys should be giving us 3 hours of new free entertainment per week without ads because podcasts!

tbf they have a sucesful patreon that's probably eclipsing the ad revenue right? Unless I'm seriously underestimating how much companies pay for these ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

That galaxy brain podcast they advertised at the beginning of the episode just sounds like an absolutely awful show.

Like to see the boys getting paid, but holy crap the ads lately have been painful. lovely scripts, lovely products. I miss the days when they barely tried sounding earnest in their ads, now it sounds fake as poo poo.

In other news, I've listened to every episode but I like to put podcasts on at nap time so I recycle my classics. I could use some recommendations though. What are some great episodes/batshit movies?
Here's the ones I already listen to and can recommend.

First String
Brainscan
Pet Sematary 2
Hellraiser 3
Cyber Seduction
Invisible Child
The Good Son
Mortal Kombat
The Substitute 1 + 2
Thinner
Blame it on Rio
Species 1 + 2