Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I've been enjoying these, but then I found the Star Trek Into Darkness "on screen" episode where they think it's a good movie and ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Zach Snyder is awful, but he can frame the hell out of a scene, occasionally, which makes for really good two minute increments of really terrible long-rear end movies.
I like their comment how Zach Snyder even had to make the parent-killing scene "fuckable", and that helped me click on something that summed up Zach Snyder for me. He has no tonal range because he has no stylistic range. He can paint a visual picture, but just one kind of visual picture, and the result is he can't tell a story. (This is similar to what I don't like about David Fincher even though he's a much better director of course, but I don't want to go into that Unpopular Opinion territory.)

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

What's the worst movie you guys have seen the most times?

Including childhood years, it's probably, like, Krull. Or maybe Dune, for which I have passed through ironic love into real love.

As an adult, I think... 88 Minutes. I'd like to hear the WHM people do an episode on that one.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

well why not posted:

Unlike most people, eric displays absolutely zero fear of saying the dumbest jokes that come to him. It's an asset.

It kind of is... He does "amiable doofus" pretty well, and it gives the other people more room to be caustic.

(I think I'm thinking of the right guy. I don't have voices attached to names yet. I originally thought one of the guys was doing a good Kevin Spacey impression, and then later it seemed like, "Wow he is really committed to this," before I realized it was a fully separate person who just sounds like Kevin Spacey.)

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

clown shoes posted:

Eric Szyszka never fails to crack me up. Even when his jokes don't land he still manages to make it funny.

Yeah he's great at taking things up to a more absurd and funny level. He can't carry the main line forward like the other guys. When he tries he's kinda absurdly bad at it though, so it's still funny.

I like that kind of humor. Also, when they all disagree on movies, he usually has the take me and my SO agree with*, so he's our favorite.

(*For example, that Dredd is good, or the opening scene of La La Land is bad.)