Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
One of the best episodes I never see enough people bring up is on "Wes Craven's New Nightmare." When Steve brings up how Johnny Depp was supposed to be in the movie but Wes Craven was too timid to ask him, everything shifts into overdrive. Culminating in Craven conjuring up the soul of a demon to act as Freddy Krueger, but unable to dial the phone for a conversation with a guy he worked with 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

Thing is no one sponsors WHM though. Their claim they couldn't use music doesn't hold water. Don't you get like 30-60 seconds because they it just counts as a clip?

Apparently it's a Libsyn thing. That website doesn't allow anything you don't have permission or rights to. Something like that.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
The best line in the Hamburger episode was this.

"That's why you haven't heard of this movie. It's been buried by progress."

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Septic Knothead posted:

I know fairly recently someone posted a link to a stream only of WHM's treatment of the Star Wars Holiday Special. I can't seem to find it now, does anyone have it?

http://whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/track/whm-on-screen-the-sw-holiday-special

If you pick up the app it has all this extra stuff on it.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I couldn't stop laughing at Eric's pick for who would play him in a biopic. It was such a perfect off the cuff line.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

Is Justin the one that's on the Ms.Doubtfire episode? Cause I always like him as a guest

That's Sean something or other. He was on She's All That too.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Life is good.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

DangerDummy! posted:

That was a fun interview. I love Gilbert, but I've definitely seen and heard him sleepwalk his way through a lot of appearances. He seemed to have a blast with the boys, though.

Andrew Jupin looks like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys in that picture. Like, I thought it was actually Robb Wells when I first saw it.

I can't even say how bad I want Gilbert to do an episode with the guys and laugh uproariously whenever some ridiculous plot point is mentioned.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I am almost positive it is and million ways to die in the west would be in worst of 2015, and his scene in Million was just a cameo as Django. If the 10 years is ignored Amazing Spider-man 2 is also possible.

I want to call in Amazing Spider Man 2 with a caveat that comic book expert Steve Sadjak is present and accounted for during the discussion.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Vakal posted:

I have my request lined up and ready to go for this year.

I thought I was the only one who remembered this movie. I just remembered seeing a clip of it on HBO and I assumed it was a horror movie.

Turns out it was just a lovely comedy.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I forgot how good the Substitute episode was.

Gotta go robot.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Two. :colbert:

He's just got the two, right? Am I missing out on anything?

I believe he guest hosts on the Eric Movie Screenplay Jamboree.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

weekly font posted:

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. I feel like he was really stepping up his game in the last few months. :(

Well won't you like his lines even more when Sebulba is doing them?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Timett posted:

What sort of 2015 garbage do you all expect or hope shows in the Worst of 2015 episodes?

Fantastic Four

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Please tell me I'm not the only one who added "woof" into my daily speech after listening to this show.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Subterfrugal posted:

Did WHM ever shill for Squarespace? If so, does anyone remember their referral code? I'm making a one-off website and I'd like them to get a buck or two over it.

I think they promoted another website similar to Squarespace but I forget what episode it was mentioned on. I believe it was back when they were plugging Audible as well.

Unless I was thinking about Harry's again.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nah just a mid-level film development nobody. Happy Madison is heavily scrutinized and universally loathed where I am (also: everywhere), so it's easy to get the dirt. For instance, the real reason Rob Schneider left the fold for a while is because good ol' buddy Sandler insisted on paying all his besties scale for appearing in Grown Ups, which made more money than any just god would allow. Sequel time rolls around, Schneider says "hey how about giving us a fair cut" and Sandler acts like he murdered his mom and refuses to even speak to him for years.

I could listen to stories of Sandler being a huge piece of poo poo for hours. You should send your best tales into the mailbag.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

It's nice of Tucker Max to stop in and pay a visit to the WHM thread.

The best part of the "dick beer" line was Steve's immediate response. He reacted like he was a stuffy billionaire who just heard a filthy joke. Listen to it again and I'm pretty sure you can hear his monocle pop off.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

weekly font posted:

Wow I could have sworn they did that movie already.

It was a Stay Tuned mention because of how much Andrew hated some gag where a guy gets his car wrecked in the first movie, and then he gets his boat wrecked in the 2nd.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Here's the Gallagher WTF interview, and holy poo poo is he a nutcase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMTtz3X5TVQ

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Crowetron posted:

Until this episode, I legit thought that Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead and Adventures in Babysitting were the same movie. I spent the whole time wondering why they skipped the Thor part until the end.

I think we're the same person because I thought the exact same thing until now.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's 8 bucks aka one Whopper Extra Value Meal. Just do it.

I don't think there's a better analogy you can make with regards to WHM.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
What's the website to use to download the live show? I just know the promo code is Movies but that isn't much help.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

After listening to the mailbag, I wish I could change my username to 'Unusually red balls'.

How red we talking? Like a clown nose?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
This most recent episode had some of the best tangents in a long time. Jesus Christ the guys are on fire lately.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Sef! posted:

There's a mailbag moment that pops in my head every now and then, and never fails to make me laugh. I don't remember which episode it is, but Jupin tells a story about seeing "Wild" starring Reese Witherspoon in a packed theater, and in the opening scene she takes her sock off or something, and her toenail comes with it. He makes this loud, startled scream in horror that isn't given justice in text.

That's in Double Dragon, I know because that noise has become the go-to sign of disgust for my sister and I.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

Neil Hamburger was just in town again, and I was wondering why the guys keep imitating him (WH-ATS the deal with?). Just a random comedy in-joke?

Try doing his "WH-yyyyyyy" out loud. It's infectious.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

precision posted:

Every now and then I'll take a couple weeks off just so that when I start listening again I've got like 4 episodes banked. :)

That was me when I bought into the Patreon. They had just updated like four Animation Damnations and it was like getting hit with a deluge of new content.

Animation Damnation is perfect for when you want background noise, but don't want to invest 90 minutes into an episode. I think I've listened to Steve's raccoon story at least half a dozen times.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
They gotta save something for the sequel.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Nothing makes me laugh harder than a well-timed "OH, GOOD LORD!"

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Is there ever a WHM line that gets stuck in your head for a while that repeats on loop?

For me; it's when Andrew asked Steve which of the Ninja Turtles he would be, and his response was "Michelangelo because I want people to like me." Then described him as "A walking cry for help."

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

dorium posted:

I remembered enjoying Zombie Island as a kid.

Zombie Island is one of the few times Scooby Doo seemed to want to take its own premise seriously.

Also, Billy West is a top shelf Shaggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

There is a good bit in the HDTGM episode of Reindeer Games where they realize Ben Affleck's named Rudy as in Rudolph and they're all very incredulous. And then they realize another character was named Nick as in Old St. Nick. And Diane asks, "What was Charlize Theron's name?" And without missing a beat someone says deadpan, "Blitzen."

And that's pretty good poo poo that sleighs.