Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

American Horror Story may have gone down the toilet so hard and fast that it broke the septic tank, but at least it gave us the legacy of Dylan Macdermot's crysturbation. :patriot:
His... mastearbation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Fun enough live ep, though generally I enjoy live episodes of podcasts least and this series is no exception
Agreed. My favorite bits were Plow Force One and an enraged child Eric Szyszka ripping up his unfinished homework on 9/12.

Also, I found this podcast because of this thread, and I've listened to every episode, many of them multiple times. So thank you, gawdahmuht.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode where they go into a tangent about the guy in silence of the lambs that splashes Agent Clarice with come and how there should be a prequel movie to him and its credits would be him splashing the names on the screen?
Haha. Taking Lives, I believe.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
1. Pippi Longstocking
"She's pullin' a burn! SHE'S PULLIN' A BURN!"

2. The Hand that Rocks the Cradle
"Ernie Hudson is building a fence, rolling his eyes."

3. Dreamcatcher
"Morgan Freeman's in a helicopter chasing after the third act of this movie."

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Croisquessein posted:

They only partly made that up.

For me it's how they fume about what an insufferable poo poo Pippi is. The writers were trying to make her a free spirit, but the filmmaking undercuts that by having all the other characters be nice and reasonable so there's nothing for Pippi to rebel against and she just runs amok like a chimp through their lives in a way that would cause lasting damage in the real world.
I loved Steve talking about the father of the kids being justifiably outraged/smug toward the mother after their children are kidnapped just killed me. "Oh where's that Pippi? Why don't you have her over or-- oh wait, she stole our children!"

Also, "The next morning Pippi has five stars in Grand Theft Auto."

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Holy poo poo, the Legend of Gary.

Steve's story of the homeless man near the end rivals his story of the old guy leaning on his wife for support to fart. I lost it.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Man how did Lex get his jar of piss on that table?

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Steven did you block me on Facebook?!

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

What's the episode where they posit a movie that ends with Stone Cold Steve Austin breaking the fourth wall and stone cold stunning everyone, with the social contract that no one would ever spoil that ending?

Was it Grown Ups 2? He's in that movie right?

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Holy crap, that BvS email. How embarrassing.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

Oh great, more ranting against BvS.

Sure, but the BvS episode started with one of them saying we had a "moral obligation" to not like this movie. So they can gently caress off with an opinion like that.

That, and their bizarre insistence that no one calls him Batman, when Laurence Fishburne not only calls him that in the movie, but it even made the trailer, really soured me on their whole BvS episode. I could have done without hearing about it again. And yeah, this guy's email was dumb as poo poo. Doesn't change the fact that their hatred for this movie, seemingly more so than any other lovely movie they've ever reviewed, is grating.

They read like four other hilarious emails afterwards. Just skip to those if it bothers you so much.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I love that their Gallagher impression is based on the WTF interview. It took me a second to figure out why Gallagher was yelling at "Mark".

For those of you who might not know, Gallagher had an amazing meltdown on the WTF podcast several years ago. Seek it out, it's pretty great.

I remember listening to it while rolling through WTF episodes during work a year or two ago, and for the life of me I still can't recall what the hell actually happened in that interview. I don't remember why Gallagher became so indignant and angry and stormed out. I'm gonna check it out again.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

He did, but I don't remember which episode it was.

Space Jam, I think?

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Also I got no idea what the gently caress a "combo" is
Also also Zoo was a great doc

Tiny pretzel bites filled with dog food.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I had never heard of Addicted to Love and never listened to this episode until this morning and I am loving mortified.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

"Did you hear that Splat Johnson got busted selling coke to minors at Bobby Buttons'? Not surprised, man."

Told ya

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I can be one of your grandmother's cherished memories MARC

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I also like the variation in the episodes they do. You have the obvious/popular ones like Godzilla '98 and Mortal Kombat. Those along with Camp Nowhere and Space Jam are movies I watched a lot as a kid and haven't really watched since, so that stuff really resonates with me. My sister and I used to watch Camp Nowhere all the drat time, and she was responsible for showing me those weird '90s romcoms like My Best Friend's Wedding.

But they also do this weird poo poo like Blame It on Rio (good loving god) and A Letter from Death Row, both of which I would never have known existed before listening to this. This podcast has something for anybody at all interested in film.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I loved Earnest when I was a kid (the dumb basketball one specifically), so I really enjoyed this. But the part I laughed at the hardest was Steve breaking his chair.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Nouvelle Vague posted:

And/or Steve's "Holy Mackerel!" in the background.

"That chair was a piece of poo poo and Eric can attest to that."

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Eric's weird nasally "OH OH PEOPLE STILL WORK FOR THE IRS? OH REALLY?!" made me laugh so loving hard.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

You probably want these dudes. Feel free to head to their thread if it gels.
From now on just quote the dissenters and post "how about getting hosed?"

(just checked out that podcast you linked, and I kinda like it, so thank you very much)

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Wake_N_Bake posted:

They're white and 30-something, has MaxFun grabbed them yet?

MaxFun has The Flophouse so they are in need of a funny movie podcast.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Inkspot posted:

Ads: Loudly proclaim that you're going to THE MONEY ZONE like they do on MBMBAM? Advertisers get the placement they want and there's no slow realization that when you're talking about how easily something can be folded back up and returned if you're not satisfied with it you're talking about an internet mattress and not Jim Belushi.

Dirty Grandpa: Not even worth skipping to the end.

I like the MBMBAM format. You get a the whole first half of the episode, then the ads/shoutouts, then the other half of the episode. Easy to skip, but also sometimes produces comedy gold. That said, I don't mind ads at all in any form. It's easy to skip with the 15 sec. forward button.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

ghost emoji posted:

I liked the part where they were explaining that you had to have money/riches to get into the afterlife, that's why you built a pyramid, and you just hear Eric whisper in amazement "you built a pyramid?" Very stupid moment but I laughed.
Love those moments. There's one previous ep (street fighter I believe) where Andrew is trying to explain that the real dude that Good Morning Vietnam was based on is doing a voice in the movie. And eric keeps throwing him off with dumb replies, to the point where Andrew hisses "oh Jesus Christ," leading to something like this:

A: "I'm saying the movie Good Morning Vietnam, it--
E: YEAH, IT'S DOGSHIT.
A: " . . . "

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's a new mailbag out, where the whole team is unaware there actually is a massacre scene in Antz
I love it.

I guess if you never saw it, you probably wouldn't guess a bug movie for kids with Woody Allen in it would also include a shockingly violent battle scene.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Well then I'm gonna go ahead and call in Antz

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I love that loving Mark Wahlberg voice. RIPD Goober.

A great one-two creep punch is to listen to the Mrs. Doubtfire episode and then Blame It on Rio right after that since it's the very next episode. Two of the best ones right there. Steve's incensed that Robin Williams gawks at a b-b-b-babe and "almost falls off a bike and almost kills himself and kills his kid while dressed as a woman."

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Ah goddammit I should've called in Pagemaster. That was repeated viewing in my house when I was a kid. That and Goodburger were the ones I was debating between. I would love for them to watch Goodburger because I feel like it's maybe a little past their time, and I love when they're completely baffled by what they're watching.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Fart House Blues starring Michael Caine made me lose my poo poo.

Also never forget Crabin's loving hilarious "just a bunch of naked women saying sorry"

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I think edging jokes started with Batman v Superman because not getting off meant Supes would go and destroy buildings in frustration.
And iirc Eric was asking what it was so I think that's where it started

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

There are a lot of great moments in this show but I think last month's mailbag with Cabin's cackle at all the guys chiming in with Terrifying Chris Cabin Drug Adventure stories was the hardest I've ever laughed. The guy who'll tell off Grandma on Thanksgiving for liking Tyler Perry movies being the same guy who will tell you mushrooms are "basically like weed, it's fine" fascinates me.

"Chris Cabin will drag a veteran to the ground yelling about movies" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard, and I don't even think Crabin was present for that

Ninja 3, Disclosure and the mailbag were gold. HEY NINTENDO YOU WANNA GET hosed

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
I LOVE PUTTING BEARTRAPS ON MY HEAD,,, BIIITCH

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Richard Gere yelling SHOOOT HERRRRRR at the runaway bride really got me

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Catching up on some older episodes and hearing Eric recite Limp Bizkit lyrics in Bones' voice in the Star Trek V episode made me laugh so hard I almost threw up while driving last night

It’s kinda sad that I’m the laughing stock of the neighborhood Jim

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Hey if you want to listen to almost two hours of these boys getting loving annihilated on Rolling Rock and kinda talking about a twilight movie it might be worth it donate to the patreon

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Predator you’ve been cut, but you can have a job in one of my restaurants, anytime.

Oh my god really?? Oh my god I’m gonna get fired in Las Vegas!

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
re: Mike Meyers not wanting to do the movie: iirc Jim Carrey was absolutely miserable and depressed while filming The Grinch too

I tried to watch the Jim and Andy documentary a while back, and if I ever had to work with that guy on a set in any capacity I’d lose my loving mind

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Crossover from listening to Chapo but I couldn’t stop imagining Doc Brown going to BK and ordering a Dave’s Double Whooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
WHERE YOU GOIN FRANK?
THE SCORPION KINGDOM?