Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They do Eraserhead, and that one guy has a gun to the back of Steve's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SkeletonHero posted:

I've not heard the HDTGM on Gymkata but I imagine it went something like this.

Mantzoukas: WHY is this GUY so OBSESSED with GYMNASTICS!?
Raphael: Gymnastics? Is that what that was? OH is that why the movie is called GYMkata?
Scheer: *reads Wikipedia page on Kurt Thomas in its entirety*

HDTGM kinda feels like a movie podcast aimed at the kind of person who thought Quibi was a good idea.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Their Christopher Lloyd, Optimus Prime, and Harris Yulin voices are all the same voice

Not complaining

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GoutPatrol posted:

I'll admit I was wrong on korncast, even if they did get some info wrong while reading wikipedia the entire time, which tells you everything. Freak on a leash was a single in spring of 99, where they had to stop showing the video on TRL because of Columbine (or just so a short clip avoiding the bullet.)

Didn't they get that they liked the singles because of cultural osmosis? They've just heard the songs hundreds of times and they don't think of them as a song anymore, it's just a nostalgia trip. Every song they never heard before sucked because every one sucks.

IDK I was too young to be into Korn in their heyday and I still feel like this album is REALLY frontloaded and then the last 75% is mostly godawful filler.

I don't like the first three or four songs, but there's like a spark there that isn't there in the baby rape song or whatever.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Definitely with Andrew here, I laugh every time Steve says "Jamemaster's Clue"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4xVCmsl9CA Steve was right this trailer is bonkers

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

admataY posted:

I watched Wishmaster 2 in preparation for the next episode, and I thought it was enjoyable . Stupid and cheesy in just the right way, some good gooey practical effects , and Divoff still great as the evil genie .
Worse then the first one though .

Same really. The only reason to watch the movies is Divoff and some decent gore effects.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

AceOfFlames posted:

Ok, what the gently caress is up with the sudden background music midway through the new Nexus episode? For a minute I thought there was something wrong with my phone.

It's a Dreams by Fleetwood Mac which I think is a meme now but I don't actually know what the meme consists of

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

I forget, has Jupin (or any of the guys) mentioned watching the Deep Space 9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations? After they all loved The Trouble with Tribbles episode on The Nexus, I want to suggest it the next time they have a recommendation episode of The Nexus, but I legit can't remember if that already happened, or if Andrew mentioned watching it on his watch through of DS9. It makes for an awesome companion piece for the TOS episode, and is just an all around fun episode.

Andrew mentioned it in the latest Nexus and says it's good and it gets suggested all the time every March.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Nikaer Drekin posted:

That was fantastic, and I was also losing it at Brimley v. Jigsaw.

I was taking a walk and had to stop for a second when they did Brimley sawing his own leg off because I was laughing so hard.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I saw it happen! Don't tell me it didn't happen

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Andorra posted:

I genuinely have no idea what movies even came out this year for there to even be enough for 4 weeks. Tenet, Sonic, Bad Boys?

iirc they liked Sonic

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cael posted:

On an episode like this, it's always interesting to predict what kind of reaction you get immediately after the "we're talking about": disgust/fatigue or outright anger.

Based on AJB's twitter, she has Opinions on Wonder Woman and I'm looking forward to a series of enjoyable rants from her at least.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Gonna agree with Andrew here and say this one's crazy enough you might wanna see the movie beforehand to see the stupid twists and wild tonal shifts.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

dorium posted:

ok, watched Fantasy Island before listening to the episode. What in the gently caress was that movie.

One of the reviews when it came out speculated they had a lot of unused scripts/drafts of the movie and they just kinda threw them all in.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BiggerBoat posted:

It wasn't a comedy? I didn't see it but I assumed it was one of those yuck it up homages like 21 Jump Street or Starsky and Hutch. Did they really play it straight or were you being sarcastic?

No it is attempting to be a horror movie though there's a bit buried inside of it that is a yuck it up homage, just as there is two separate weepy SF melodramas, a Saw knock-off, and an adventure movie. Fantasy Island is large, it contains multitudes.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

clown shoes posted:

Anybody got the request line number?

1-833-946-4264

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

explosivo posted:

drat that PS I Love You episode is hilarious.

Masters of Karaoke got me

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I saw both Warriors of Virtue and Vertical Limit as a kid. The former I remember like I remember a fever dream, and the latter I remember as having a high body count so both should be fun

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

I relistened to Copycat the other day and what a fantastic episode that is.

You can draw a turtle

Or Keifer Sutherland

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, you're not thinking of the one he came back for at a different studio, are you? That's Never Say Never Again. You Only Live Twice is an official Bond movie.

It's hard to say, though. Pretty sure he started wearing a toupee around Thunderball.

They did do Never Say Never Again back in the day though

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh hell yes a Lifetime side-show. Their episodes on Invisible Child and Cyber Seduction is top tier and anyone who hasn’t checked those out need to ASAP.

Invisible Child was one of the first WHM episodes I heard, and it's the one that hooked me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I never watched it but there was a time where it felt like for TV SF nerds, SG-1 was on the same level as Star Trek, BSG, and Babylon-5, but now it seems like that was a flash in the pan and I see more nostalgia for Sliders than I do for SG-1.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

B-Rock452 posted:

I feel we need to discuss Erik not realizing ducks can actually fly...

tbf this is still better than them not understanding the distinction between squids and octopi on the PotC episodes

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Modern Leper posted:

Catholic and up, only!

I really wanna know if Greek Orthodox ranks above or below

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Firstborn posted:

Guys, why am I misremembering an episode on The Dead Zone?

... Or did Stephen just say "THE ICE . . . IS GONNA BREAK ." in an episode?

Pretty sure there is no episode on The Dead Zone

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

explosivo posted:

Yeah I almost skipped this one but for real this is a must listen.

All the jokes about the pink hat and the main guy being a dumbass are great

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If this movie was on a streaming service I had, I would have watched it by now because it sounds amazing

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

enigmahfc posted:

I re-watched them all last year, but I still cannot tell you the order of the movies, since their titles all sucks so much.
I was initially iffy on Steve's sequel naming legislation, but I've slowly coming around to it being one of the few things that can save America, or even the world.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hockles posted:

Which is also Danny from the Shining, as well

Tony actually, the boy who lives in Danny's mouth

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0407717/mediaindex?refine=publicity&ref_=nm_ov_resph

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

Return to Oz is good though :confused:

I really miss the era of traumatic kids films. Today's kids have to get traumatized by lovely youtube videos, and those have way worse special effects.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

teen witch posted:

Oh gently caress I am HYPED for an American Movie commentary. What a solid lineup

But, guess it’s time to finally watch Casablanca huh.

The WLM feature has encouraged me to finally watch great movies I unaccountably haven't seen, so I'm glad for it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Andrew doth protest a bit too much that he hates Chairman of the Bored considering he stops every two minutes to explain a bit of the movie that made him laugh

I watched a bit of Chairman of the Board and I think part of the problem is that when you think back to it you can process the funny bits, but also you have to look at Carrot Top's face when you're actually watching the movie.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

explosivo posted:

I've seen Overdrawn at the Memory Bank I think I have a good idea what Casablanca is about

I've seen Foodfight, so I

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Marin Karin posted:

The first episode of Boba Fett was so bland that a good portion of their recap is just making up a Behind the Music episode for Max Rebo. It rules

I mean the latter is what True Fans really want from future Star Wars projects

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Book of Boba Fett podcast is just becoming a dirge to me. I'll probably finish the show which is also kind of a dirge because it's like two or three more episodes and why not, but I've never gotten much out of "betrayed nerd" podcasts.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t really like Star Trek and can’t get through the old episodes but they make that show seem way cooler than it is. I particularly love how Bones is into classical numetal.

Let me tell you 'bout a little band called Staind, Jimboy

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
For WLM, I sent in Vertigo because I want more Jimmy Stewart impressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Arson Daily posted:

Isnt it from Twin Peaks? I could have sworn that was in some scene after they find laura palmer.

This might be a false memory, but iirc it's from the aggressively creepy movie The Crush starring Cary Elwes and Alicia Silverstone