Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The Keanu "Brian!" but cracks me up but I don't understand their reference. Someone help me out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

they're really mythologizing chris cabin now, aren't they?

I've listened to all of the back catalog and I like Cabin but I've really grown to prefer the trio of Eric, Steve and Andrew. His triumphant return recently for a few episodes fell flat for me.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'm still not sure how anyone gets them confused. Andrew has a bit of a radio voice, Steve is the nerdy lispy one, and Eric's really dry and reedy. They all have different cadences. The only time I get mixed up is when they all do the same impression but that doesn't really matter in that instance.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

OK I have to admit after my adamant posts about the guys sounding different. I've been listening to some of the back catalog and the rotating third men like Sean, Chris and Justin all sound the same. They really do.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Corek posted:

Chris has been demoted to +1? ohhh

I don't recall any episodes that featured a different lineup than Andrew, Steve and another person. Chris was there for most of the early run, now it's Eric. Then some fill-in guys here and there.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Just came here to say the Spooktacular theme is the best and I'm going to be sad in November.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Tall glasses of water means bong right?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Their derail about the shells is almost on par with the hot dog bit from a couple weeks ago. I was dying.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ravenkult posted:

Isn't it Szyszka that pronounces poo poo wrong all the time? He does it on BIOOS too.

Generally it's Jupin who does it. Vill-ANE, PRO-grum, jew-ELS. Also has a tendency to say out-RAGEOUS and BONE CHILLING.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

They start off every episode by saying who they are. How is this so hard for people to follow?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

2007 is fair game now, right? Norbit was in 2007.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Have they done any Uwe Boll movies? I would love to hear them take on House of the Dead or In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

duz posted:

If they don't want to do any Asylum films, I doubt they'd want to do one of his. Especially since his movies tend to make all the bad movie podcasts.

Some of his movies were released in theaters, so that sets them above Asylum dreck. I can understand not wanting to do movies that other podcasts have done, but they've crossed over a lot.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

MaxFun already has The Flophouse.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Counterpoint: McElroys do WHM. WHM does TAZ.

Ever since they did the D&D movie, I've secretly wished we'd have a WHM D&D cast, even for one episode.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I hope Eric never runs out of opportunities to work an edging joke into every episode.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'm really surprised they haven't touched Van Helsing yet.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

After the endless RIPD references, I really want them to do an episode on it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Gonna be edging until they announce the winners.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ftfy

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'm disappointed that the edging jokes have stopped in recent episodes. I guess Eric finally got off.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

duz posted:

Is there a `Number of episodes since Chris Cabin mentions Zoo` counter? If so, it needs to be reset back to 0.

The Edging counter can be reset as well, though does it count if Steve brings it up instead of Eric?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Figure it out!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I think this episode just became my go-to to introduce people to the show.

Andrew: "If I ever have to choose between 300 and Sucker Punch, just put a bullet in my teeth"

Steve: "What's the BTK Killer up to?"

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Jesus Whistlin Hands Christ is my new favorite thing to yell when I'm frustrated.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Eric deserved a standing ovation for that edging/singeing joke.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I think live shows is what killed How Did This Get Made for me because every one was just overblown catchphrases and Jason playing to the audience the whole time.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

I agree, but I think that's a different situation than WHM. HDTGM started going bad when they began leaning too hard on their running gags of June not understanding basic things in the movie and Jason doing his gross-out/pervert jokes, but even despite that they never had the "actually discuss the movie from start to finish" structure of WHM.

OH yeah for the record I've enjoyed WHM's live shows so far.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who freak out about advertising in my podcasts. I would have missed out on a fun Dragula riff!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

RobotDogPolice posted:

My only criticism of the show is that the opening theme is much louder than the rest of the episode.

Same!

MisterBibs posted:

I talked to Andrew about this at a live show, it's intended to make you scramble to turn your car speakers down before your eardrums explode.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You really didn't have to do it :negative:

But you gotta.