Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

ravenkult posted:

loving dying at nerds taking a stand for loving Power Rangers after like 250 episodes of this podcast

I enjoyed Jupiter Ascending but they had the same 'it looks cool, kinda recommend it' reaction I did instead of just making GBS threads on it for a few hours.
I still don't understand not liking Tango & Cash though.

Somebody smarter than me write about us getting boring American Power Rangers and Ghost in the Shell at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Grondoth posted:

There's young producers on soundcloud RIGHT NOW making Synthbilly the hot new thing

Please tell me there's synthwave Ennio Morricone remixes.
I haven't seen Overboard, but I have seen the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 trailer. They spent zillions of dollars on special effects but the big reveal is still Kurt Russell's smile. That thing is powerful.

That X-Men chat is hilarious, but Duckfeed's Days of Future Cast Logan episode gave us Gambit working for Mr. Skinester.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 7, 2017

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

There's no way something involving a Twilight Zone actor wouldn't have an ironic twist ending though.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Okay I'm finally listening to the Power Rangers episode and I'm offended by them hating on Social D. ‪Though they did play in Sydney w/ The Bronx & nobody bought tickets so they gave them away for free & it was awesome.‬

Wait did Mako, Uncle Iroh himself, do live-action Firebending in Sidekicks?

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 12, 2017

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I've never seen Sidekicks but I still have my head in the clouds. I preferred Play It Again, Sam though.
This movie about Mako training a troubled kid sounds like a better Last Airbender movie than the one they did though.

Wait is the kid in Sidekicks the 'OPEN PALM VHS' copypasta kid?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Howard The Duck is up! So far it's mostly them unintentionally pitching Duckman.
I had one issue of the comedy, the Vertigo parody from the reboot. It liked it.
And this was awesome:

Wait, ‪Howard the Duck ends with the same space laser that every modern Marvel movie does?‬ That's hilarious.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 18, 2017

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I just read an article on Alex Jones that said one of the major advertisers on his radio show is Harry's, the shaving company. So I guess he and WHM share some demographics.

300 was at least watchable, and the dumb fist-pumping bro propaganda is at least a valid way to film a story that's been used as propaganda for thousands of years. I'd probably put it behind Watchmen on Snyder's filmography, but I'm not watching his stupid DC movies.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

I remember Rise of the Empire having a lighter touch, and the hero wasn't as much of an rear end in a top hat as Leonidas (not hard, as the guys pointed out he's a massive dick & should be the villain of the movie).

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Once Upon A Time In China has good evil Brits.

Australia has a multicultural broadcaster that shows a ton of great Asian action movies, and even I can recognize that some of the Chinese blockbusters are political propaganda. Lots of shots of the perfect Emperor and his perfect armies. They're fun to watch but they're probably problematic? Almost all of them are better than 300.

I guess the most mainstream ones for a Western audience lately are The Great Wall, John Woo's Red Cliff, or the Donnie Yen Ip Man movies? I dunno, there's probably a thread for them.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have this theory that goons make up more of the audience for Bayformers and David Cage games than they know, due entirely to perverse hatewatching.

Should we send the podcast the massive Transformers exegesis that's been posted on this subforum? It's a close-watch that's really transformed how I view the movies, and it's now in PDF.

Count Chocula fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 15, 2017

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Should I tweet them my defense of Spider-Man 3 now or even the episode drops.

And Alien vs Predator turns out to have a bit in common with Prometheus and Covenant. I think I read a blog post about that. They should have replaced the precursors with Predators.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My super-nerdy takeaway from the episode was those jokes about archeologists instantly reading the hieroglyphic scroll. That also bugged me about In The Mountains of Madness, the Lovecraft story. So maybe AvP is the movie version of that that we got instead of Del Toro's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

My local Cult Movie Night is showing EVILSPEAK tonight... dunno if I should listen to the episode before it & bite the jokes or after to avoid spoilers.