Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

weekly font posted:

Hey guys stop blowing Bo for being a two sport athlete. Jordan was too.

:laugh:

Yep, basketball and competitive advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

I need to remember to call in 1986's Terrorvision. A cheesy '80s horror film starring Gerrit "Bud the C.H.U.D." Graham and John Gries from Joy Sticks.

I mean, just listen to the opening theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkzjYB8fuos

edit: Had to fix the link

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's an entire bad movie podcast to be made about lovely overly edgy 80s anime OVAs.

Sadly the only people who would make it are ultragoons

Gimme a list.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

BexGu posted:

Of movies or ultragoons?

Cause if you need pure "what the gently caress" 80's anime look no further then Angel Cop. The Japanese subs actually have the big plot of the movie be a straight up Jewish Conspiracy against Japan.

I meant movies, and... yeah, Angel Cop looks like it definitely qualifies. I think I might just search for those old late night TV commercials that still referred to anime as "Japanimation", everything there should qualify.

Also, instead of listening to last week's White House movie episode, I listened to MK: Annihilation again to hear their James Remar impression. "Y'know, Devin...."

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Did they really spend 2 minutes making fun of "Do you have stairs in your house"? That was great.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

You're hallucinating, man.

"I hear Paul Giamatti is great in Billions."

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is it? It's not showing up in my podcatcher.

It's on their website's "Episodes" page!

Man, I've only seen 7 Christopher Lambert films.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

is killing me right now

Uh oh, do you have 10 punches already?

Listening early was cool, but now what will I do on Tuesday? It's like opening Christmas presents early. I could finally listen to Blame It On Rio...

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

The Twinkie Czar posted:

It's going to bother me a lot more now that someone else has mentioned it out. I want to say the vil-LANE thing is directed toward over the top characters that are super evil solely because they're the villain of the movie, but mispronouncing a word on purpose is still annoying.

In Expendables, the terribly over the top character that is super evil solely because they're the villain of the movie is named Jean Vilain (Yeah, just the word villain with one letter removed, pronounced vil-LANE), so I believe that's where they took the pronunciation.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

My favorite part of Halloween III is how Cochrane's plan sounds like a villainous version of Iron Chef.

"Okay Cochrane, you gotta kill all the kids in America, but you only have.... a mask factory, Stonehenge, and a month's worth of prime time advertising."

"Could I have robots?"

"What? Okay, you can have like.... four or five robots. Don't go crazy with the robots."

"I can make this work."

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

That Loot Crate plug in the middle of the episode was a little jarring, so I went back and listened to the Highlander 2 episode again. Still solid gold.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

I'm thinking either Fortress (1993) or Beowulf (1999). Get another punch on their Christopher Lambert card.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

enigmahfc posted:

They just need to pay the bills.

Then they should probably do a Patreon or something. I'd wager they could get over $7,000 a month from something like that. I don't mind the ads themselves, it's just jarring that we're getting them mid-episode now. It will take some getting used to. Except Loot Crate, they represent everything I despise about nerd culture, but I can't blame the fine folks at We Hate Movies for that.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

WHM is the only podcast I have ever listened to, so I will fully admit not knowing How These Things Work. I'm just used to how things have been. It's a great show either way, and listening to some ads is a small price to pay to enjoy it.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

The use of Spanish Flea as plug music got me to listen to them instead of skipping them. I have a problem.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

No references to the "Bee-TK killer", 1/10. Did they at least say "Bee-DSM"? I can't recall.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Prior to this episode, if you had put a gun to my head and asked me to tell you the name of Mario Van Peebles' character in Highlander III, I would have closed my eyes and accepted death. And I've seen it at least 5 times. I can remember the Kurgen, Kitana, and even Jacob freaking Kell (Huh, lots of K's), but not MVP.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

For some reason I had convinced myself they had done The Pest. After checking the episode list, I know what I have to request in the future.

....It's The Pest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Tato posted:

Don't do that to another human being. The opening 3 minutes alone is one of the most harrowing cinema experiences of my life

Peace was never an option.