Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

I really enjoyed Andrew's attempt at emulating how KIDS THESE DAYS talk.

i'm wicked thirsty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

I'd probably never sit down to watch an action movie, but the episodes about them are always so high-energy and funny I always look forward to 'em.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Second Unit Director Longstocking

I also liked the callback to quoting "Borat" but with a completely flat affect.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

So, since it's the anniversary week-- what's the first WHM episode everyone heard? It's a bit hard to remember, but I think I've been around since, like, Jesus Christ, Superman III or something.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Illinois Smith posted:

I had to check IMDB because I was like "there's no loving way he only voiced Nibbler on that show" and sure enough he has about 50 different credits for Futurama alone.

he was SEYMOUR?????

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm glad they poo poo all over morons calling Rey a Mary Sue.

Star Wars is good again; deal with it, idiots.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

wow huge slam on chris cabin out of nowhere in this mailbag

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

The loving Cat People callback, oh my God.

Edit:

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry about Piers Morgan

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I still refuse to believe that Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back is a real movie that somebody made for real.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Yeah, I feel like WHM hit their stride really early after the first few episodes.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm glad the sound quality was so nice here! Some of the past live episodes have been... challenging listens.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

The standout character in the new episode is the cutthroat editor of the imdb trivia section.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I liked the brief cameo of the Butterfly Effect stoner directors before we met the real production staff of this thing.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I'm looking forward to this episode because it might be cathartic given the knowledge that since BvS is making tons of money they'll probably just keep moving movies like that forever.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Given how so much of the rest of genre movies are dominated by explosions and cynicism and killing everybody, I feel like the more traditional idealistic take on Superman is something that's inherently valuable and worth trying to preserve, even if a particular characterization of a decades-old superhero isn't necessarily sacrosanct or whatever.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Was it Jingle All The Way 2? That one had a lot of wrestling jokes, anyway.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Gyges posted:

Shut your mouth. The eternal love that arose from a showing of Aeon Flux is a historic fact that contains no errors or embellishments.

I'm prepared to believe in the Gamemaster story but that one was a Flux Too Far imho.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Yeah, this one seemed fine? I mean obviously it doesn't sound as nice as a regular episode but it was still pretty listenable.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

I never saw and knew nothing about this movie so I was surprised that major characters were getting blown away left and right. :rip:

The untimely death of Xavier meant a real shortage of Patrick Stewart impressions. :v:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

"It's a magma factory, they're making magma... for the troops. For the lava troops."

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

effervescible posted:

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. The horse character cracked me the gently caress up.

Seconding this.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

This week's episode is incredible, by the way. I love the 1940s grifter offering to throw in his own identity to seal a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

This new episode is pretty funny, but I can only listen to it in short bursts because the sheer volume of Nolte impressions is literally hurting my ears.

EDIT: "Volume", in every sense of the word.