Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Something about Southland Tales gave me a lot of goodwill towards The Rock and Seann William Scott that just continues to get stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Number 23 is literally the only movie I've ever seen where the alternate ending makes less sense than the original ending. I love it so much. I have no idea how it was made and if it wasn't for this article I would swear that Fernley Phillips was some famous person's pseudonym.

What's the alternate ending?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dan Castenella as Homer. Brilliant stuntcasting.

Hahaha

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Pixels has like 3 funny jokes which was more than I expected

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Due to poor life choices I happen to have insight into Happy Madison's entire catalog of unproduced ideas
Ah, I've found the start of my novel

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Another thing they didn't mention is that the creator of Pac-Man in the movie is an actor, though the real guy does make a cameo.

The moment he had more than one line this was probably a necessity

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I remember on a lazy sunday I watched BIG TOP SCOOBY DOO on TV and being impressed

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

precision posted:

I was thinking about requesting King of Kong because, while they like the film itself, I feel like there is pleeeeeeeeenty of jokes to be made there.

e: like "I recently turned 35 and retired and now I play video games every day. I'm gonna have 10 pieces of well done bacon, 3 hard boiled eggs, and play some Donkey Kong" Hey Brian, you're supposed to write suicide notes down, not just randomly blurt them out

e2: oh Lord I never thought about it before but surely Brian Kuh and Robert Mrcziak are goons :tinfoil:

Sounds like a pretty chill life to me

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Shirec posted:

I think the only way to do that well is a critical analysis type show. I feel like any time I've seen jokes directed at great pieces of media, they are being willfully dense, disingenuous, or lazy. I'd be interested in how someone could riff on it w/o succumbing to those sorts of problems.

if u can't make fun of the things u love then u shouldn't be making fun of anything!!!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If u weren't watching an unhealthy amount of Game Show Network u were spending ur child summers wrong imo

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Croisquessein posted:

I got my old game show education mostly through Nick At Night, we didn't get the good stuff like The Comedy Channel or the Scifi Channel until like, 2000. By then I had to get a job.

What matters is u saw the game shows...u gotta see the game shows

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

American Dreamz, I think

Wow I totally forgot about this garbage movie I watched

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

the Dark Enlightenment thread is posting racist rants in comment sections

Why?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

precision posted:

Basically Gallagher was a gay hippie stoner who somehow turned into a right wing nutjob closet case.

If you're the former you don't need to "turn into" the latter

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

Trivia: Kylie Minogue is a huge pop star in Australia and Britain (and her song with Nick Cave doesn't suck).

Isn't she a popstar here? That's how I know of her

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

weekly font posted:

Can't Get You Out of My Head

Thank u I couldn't remember the song title

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Guy who gets spike through his head acts ruder & cares less about his job

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Seems like locking off content-types that were previously freely available is the wrong way to do the business-model. From what I've seen most groups that do the switch offer new types of content behind the paywall (presumably because the new income allows them to create it) while keeping everything else the same. But heck, whatever works.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Happy 9/11.
Spider-man needs to feel more directly responsible for preventing the planes from crashing.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Well also bcuz he immediately deflects into talking about how bad he's had it which is all the incentive any1 needs to start talking about how, actually, I had it worse because

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The Happening is so bad I've had to explain to people in real life that it wasn't a joke.

What's the point of telling people that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Looking through it Will Smith's filmography is more of a bummer then I'd assumed