Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE

Episode 387 — The Cat in the Hat

Episode 388 — The One (2001)

Episode 389 — Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Episode 390 — Richie Rich

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

The Nexus — TOS: "This Devil in the Dark" (s1, e25) & TNG: "The Neutral Zone" (s1, e25)

Patreon Bonus Episode for October — How the Grinch Stole Christmas

As much as I liked the Richie Rich movie as a kid, I'm looking forward to the inevitable social commentary. I wonder if they are aware of Occupy Richie Rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Stan Lee's smokin' a J with Saint Peter. :smith: :rip:

Once I got the news, my first thought was the bit about Lee's necromancers raising Jack Kirby from the dead so they can steal his grave and bury Lee in it (don't recall which ep this was).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Marin Karin posted:

New mailbag is great. I don't know why, but when I read stand-in from the title I thought it would be about one of those cut-out cardboard promotional things.

It was much, much worse...

Is it just me or was this another Stoned Cabin ep?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

When did they mention Hell House? I love that movie.

Their latest mailbag.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

JANUARY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in January for the worst of 2018:

Episode 397 — Venom

Episode 398 — Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (PATREON ONLY)

Episode 399 — Mile 22

Episode 400 — [REDACTED]

Episode 401 — Life Itself

Episode 402 — The Happytime Murders

Episode 403 — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Crimes of Grindelwald*

*dropping the first week of February to accommodate episode 400

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Spider-Man: The New Animated Series: "Law of the Jungle" (s1, e8)

The Nexus — TOS: "Errand of Mercy" (s1, e26) & TNG: "The Child" (s2, e1)

Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — Figrin D'an of the Modal Nodes

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 5, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No one is going to suggest Book of Henry?

Come on, this HAS to be the year!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Shoot, that means all my submissions were discarded. :(

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No, hold on. I am listening to the Love Guru ep and they said "you have all of Wednesday. As of the 17th is over" so I did make it.

Billy Gnosis posted:

According to the WHM Twitter it's already over which means I didn't get a chance to due to procrastination

Which tweet was this?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Tomb Raider should be fun too. I haven't seen that since I saw it in theaters like, what, 19 years ago? I remember that being pretty dumb too.

The first Tomb Raider movie manages to perfectly mimic the experience of watching someone else playing the PS1 era TR games: a lot of jumping and shooting and nothing making sense.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

brianerickson posted:

i always thought it was wild that they were able to do that to old episodes I'd downloaded to listen to at work, but in all reality it's probably a simple process

I think there are podcast monetization platforms that do all of that automatically. It’s really noticeable if you’re listening outside the US and your podcast of choice has location based ads, which causes the ad breaks to either immediately cut back to the podcast or advertise other podcasts on the hosts’ network over and over.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy crap, DO NOT put Eric in charge of a clone facility.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mods, change my name to Randy Bearburr, TIA.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The last 10 minutes of this episode (i.e. everything after Picard activates the self destruct) were loving hysterical. Crazy Picard is the absolute best.

"You will die in the BRIG! RULES ARE RULES!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 28, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I can’t help but laugh whenever they mention the “lick my bunghole motherfucker” line from the Pelham 123 remake. Mentioning it right after the Kelly Preston scene was hysterical.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 21, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

Griffin is a great guest and everyone should try Blank Check, it does not cover the same ground as WHM and is also less of a comedy podcast.

Though if you want a full We Hate Movies-esque experience from Griffin, listen to the special Blank Check episode on Book of Henry.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how many people are tweeting at the WHM crew that not only is Shrek getting rebooted but it's being done by the studio that did Minions.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

You're telling me that there are 4 Shreks?

OK, so there actually 5 Shreks: Master Shrek, Terra-Shrek, Young Shrek, Ogre and Grexo. By "Shreking" various people, Shrek aims to create the 13 Seekers of Mud, pit them against the 7 Princesses of Cleanliness, which in turn will create the S-Blade and open Kingdom Swamps.

It's quite simple if you think about it.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 11, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Marin Karin posted:

My favorite Michael Shannon bit is in their Overboard episode (which is... not where you'd expect one to be).

"You used to like it when I'd say I'd snap your neck like a twig"

“You’re MY wife now.”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Patreon Exclusive ep dropped. Serenity (2019). BUCKLE THE gently caress UP.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Regarding that Don't Breathe story I guess I am the monster because I cannot sympathize with criminal protagonists, especially thieves and muggers. That's why I stood clear of DB and Attack the Block. If you mug or rob someone, you get what's coming to you (though maybe forceful insemination via turkey baster like in Don't Breathe is a bit much)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

No seriously, they were about to rob a BLIND MAN. When the blind man turns out to be pure evil, which they didn't know beforehand, I am supposed to feel sorry for them now? Ideally that movie should end with everyone dead, thieves and evil blind dude.

I might be biased because I was nearly mugged 5 times and it left me with a constant phobia of being alone on the street. gently caress thieves.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 14, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I'm probably going to regret this, but do you support the death penalty for robbing someone? Because that's how this post is coming across.

No, because that would be a disporportionate response to the crime.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 14, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Oh okay then.

There's a difference between fictional characters and real life people. Sorry if I didn't make that distinction clear.

I do admit I have a perhaps too "rational" approach to empathy in fiction. For example, I don't understand why the hell people avidly watch Game of Thrones, a show filled with murder and rape, and yet get horribly outraged when Jon Snow doesn't pet his CGI wolf.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Another great ep of the Gleep Glossary, and what a great song to end on.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I saw that movie a long long time ago and I didn't remember he was dead in that final shot. For some reason I got the impression the movie ended with him chilling on the moon waiting to die.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

It comes up in a deleted scene. The Rodian kid is fighting another kid, and someone breaks it up, saying something like, “You better watch out Greedo, or you’ll meet a messy end.” Somehow either George Lucas had a rare moment of restraint, or someone talked him out of keeping that terrible moment in. Since it’s a deleted scene, it’s not canon, but there’s no reason he can’t be Greedo, I guess.

Wasn't Anakin the kid he fought?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

I recently upped to the $8 tier to check out the Nexus and the second episode ends with the slash fiction about Data's butthole and Picard being his foster-dad who's going to teach him how to wipe and I just don't know what I've gotten myself into :cry:

You got your money's worth and then some, that's what.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

kalensc posted:

How is Martin Cinemax not on that alignment table.

I think that thanks to #MeToo, both the WHM crew and their fans have quietly shoved Martin Cinemax down the memory hole.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

They missed that Millar and J G Jones deliberately based main characters on Eminem and Halle Berry likenesses in the comic. That kind of brazen starfuckery brought the world Samuel L. Fury but no luck here.

Also, as per tradition, a reminder that Mark Millar is an incredibly stupid guy

How the gently caress did this guy write the brilliance that is Superman: Red Son? He must have had a ghostwriter chained in his basement.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SkeletonHero posted:

It’s never been confirmed, but it’s pretty commonly believed that Grant Morrison ghostwrote most/all of Red Son.

That makes perfect sense.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Episode 432 — The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 (2009)

At long last, we will ALL have our bungholes licked.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Godzilla should be their introductory episode because it is a terribly misguided movie that pretty much all their target audience has seen and the guys are firing on all cylinders the entire time

Another good introductory episode is Batman v Superman because even though said target audience might not have necessarily seen it, they are still familiar with it by osmosis and they are also on all cylinders.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

As is the shell-shocked and somber "Ladies and gentlemen..." when they come back.

I think I must have replayed that one part 10 times in a row and still laughed every single time.

"Ladies and gentlemen...some new evidence has come to light."

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Terminator 2 is great for this thanks to being post-Jerky Boys film.

"HELLO, SIZZLE CHEST"

Eric's perfectly timed "Later, dickwad" after Arnie's sacrifice is one of my all time favorite moments in this podcast.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Well at least we're getting a National Treasure.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Big Bidness posted:

Steve offing himself at the first hint of trouble is one of my favorite long running gags.

I dunno if that's supposed to be a joke. Then again I might be projecting because that's my 100% serious apocalypse plan.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

(If I hear a TOS impression citing 90s music ever again I am going to go even more insane than I already am.)

Yeah, if this infuriates you, then roughly 50% of most eps of the Nexus are not up your alley. Bones rattling off 90s lyrics is one of the most frequent running gags.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I was pretty stoked for this latest ep until 5 minutes in I realized this wasn't about that other lovely (and utterly insane) JCVD movie where he gets thrown in a rip-off of the Village from the Prisoner with Dennis Rodman (that's Double Team)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 10, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sphere is one of those movies that seemed to run at least once a month on cable on weekend afternoons. I thought it was fine as a kid but even then I realized that most of it didn't make a lick of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I just don't understand why Cinema Sins is abhorrent but fuckin' Honest Trailers gets feted by the movie elite, because it's basically the same garbage.

Because at least Honest Trailers videos are only as long as the trailer and they do other jokes rather than simply monotoning the movies' goofs.