Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Finally saw Pottersville because it's on streaming. What a perplexing mess of a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

I thought it was a Netflix original?

I'm sure its been on streaming for years, just didn't see it come up until recently.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Not gonna lie, I remember laughing at The Pest when I was a little kid and it was on TV but as an adult I always knew it was something dreadful that I should never revisit.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

When it came out we rented it and....even as the target audience of easily-amused 17 year-olds, we were all still embarrassed as that intro dragged on and on and on.

I was 8, so it says a lot about the movies writing lmao.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I couldn't make it through The Pest opening the other day and I liked that garbage when I was 8. We see a lot of our past through rose colored glasses but that's a movie I've never wanted to go back to.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I did not like the new Mortal Kombat. The dumb violence was spaced out with lots of scenes where the characters are kinda just doing nothing. The decision to have the lead be an entirely new character was baffling to me.

The only people going to see this are likely fans of the franchise and instead of watching a character they like being the lead its....some guy and his family.

The director said the decision was made so audiences had a regular person to identify with, but why? It's Mortal Kombat, just have the lead be one of the characters we're familiar with and make them the fish out of water.

Oh, and the score was bland as hell. I was expecting some energizing electronic music but it was basically temp music.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I would have liked it more with an actual character as the lead, because you could still easily have one of them appeal to regular audiences. Fantasy blew up in the last decade, so it's not like people are going to have a hard time accepting a man with robot arms or a character that can shoot lazers.

Not going to defend the original film though. I guess I was expecting more from this one.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I was actually fine with the cgi blood, it looked like it was out of a videogame, in a videogame movie.

My biggest problems were the aforementioned lead being a new character, some of the scenes between fights, and the score.

Also, the hardest I've laughed at something before greening out was in MK: Annihilation. The scene were they get into those dumb gyro balls. Something about those stupid balls zooming through tunnels being a form of transportation killed me. I'm not eager to revisit that movie though.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 29, 2021

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Speaking of Jeff Dunham, what episode does Raaaaandy BlaeerhBlaarh appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

This was definitely a We Love Simpsons episode, moreso than anything about the movie but I was fine with it.