Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Oh jeez, I just remembered the Scooby-Doo live-action movie exists and there isn't an episode on it yet. I know what I'm calling in next listener request month.

It's just there is a Scooby-Doo movie where there are soul-stealing demons and yet I can't hear the WHM gang be baffled by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Scooby Doo movie owns though.

If you want a genuinely terrible kids movie from around that time, I recommend the Jason Lee Underdog film. It's unsettling.

You could probably fill a whole year of just bad movies with talking dogs, CG or otherwise.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

My memory hazily tells me I've seen at least a part of that movie on cable before. Sure hope it's going to be the Son of Mask, because then I can hopefully dredge up the reason why I've seen part of it.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

BlameSpacePod posted:

You're right. Sorry for posting guys! The best trick the devil ever pulled was posting on SA and then, poof: Slenderman.

I'm out! Thank you!

Nothing's stopping you from posting misleading and cryptic hints about future episodes. just lean back and watch people trip over themselves trying to guess what movie it's going to be, sip some ice-cold Surge, and then, bam, outta nowhere, it's Nukie.

I hope the entire WHM gang loves terrible CG dogs, because once listener request time is happening, I'm going to send one their way.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

The throwaway joke of Chris and Steve being sent to Oingo Boingo's fat camp made me laugh way too much. I'd love to see that sketch.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

It's the "we" and "movies" part of the name that are leaving, from now on the podcast will be known simply as HATE.

Enter promo code HATE.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Is it going to be K-911? I remember that being a totally superfluous movie.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I don't mind most of the previous ads, but the Uber ads were just too much for me and I've been skipping them, not to mention that Uber doesn't operate where I live and they're kind of skeevy.

I do wish they had the Audible sponsorship again, just because I loved how they tried to find an audiobook that relates to the movie in the episode.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

I would definitely be down for the film they talked about, something that's like the Jewish version of a Christmas movie, because I come from a country where (practicing) Jews make up less than half a percent of the entire population so Hanukkah is entirely foreign to me. This is apparently very much not that movie.

Hanukkah movies just kind of aren't a thing, because there kind of isn't that kind of tradition attached to it. The only other thing I can thing besides the Rugrats Hanukkah special is maybe that Don Bluth movie where the mice are Jews and they come to the US in the late 19th century? I think that has Hannukah in it.

There just isn't much there in the Hanukkah story or traditions to make a comedy out of in my opinion, but there kind of isn't anything to fuel a Christmas comedy either really, so who knows.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

One secret about Hannukah is that (many) Jewish people don't actually give much of a poo poo about it as a holiday. It only has the prestige it does because it's near Christmas. They are in no way equivalent besides rough timeframe.

This is anecdotal, of course. I'm Jewish by birth and the only ones Mom ever really had us celebrate were Pesach, Rosh Hashanah, and Yom Kippur.

Its importance nowadays might owe something to the American obsession with Christmas.

With Passover, Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot you have to do a bunch of elaborate stuff. with Hannukah you just light a few more candles and sing a few songs and that's it. Maybe ponder fundamentalist revolution or whatever the gently caress the moral behind the story of the Maccabee uprising actually is.

All I know is that as a non-practicing Jew living in Israel, I would be on the side of the Hellenized Jews, and as a result, on the receiving end of the Hebrew Hammer.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Pretty happy they picked my AD listener submission, the Speed Racer cartoon is really fun, and you won't be embarrassed by it even if you're sober.

It was really difficult to pick an episode to submit, since so many episodes are ridiculous and fun to laugh at.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I liked this latest installment of poo poo Sadjak Sees On The Streets

I'm not 100% convinced they don't live in some alternate reality version of New York City, where the city never got cleaned up a bit and Reagan was actually a terminator and never stopped being president.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Wouldn't mind hearing them tearing into Ace Ventura 2 for an hour and a half. I haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being disgustingly racist? Also a bunch of poo poo jokes I think

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Holy poo poo, I forgot about the Fred Durst bit in the Dracula 2000 episode.

Forgot that episode was this good

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I wound up re-listening to the Foodfight episode on a whim and I think "These raisins are so good! And I'm SO HORNY WHILE I'M EATING THEM!" is an underrated WHM line.

Still would love a can of robot bee cola though.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

e X posted:

Sometimes I wonder how much of the show is actually improve and how much is at least partially prescripted. The Carpenter scene is just too perfect to be developed on the fly. Or the guys are geniuses.

I'm almost positive that a bit of planning of that between the bit and the impromptu a cappella was cut out of the episode.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

BlameSpacePod posted:

No. We all started the episode knowing John Carpenter had been approached though. Source: I was there.

Then huge kudos, because that was so good that I thought it must have been practiced or discussed prior.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Squallege posted:

IhavetheBESTreasonforlikingthatepisodeHAHA

ItisYOUwhoarewrongbecauseIsentthemailitorecommendtheepisodeHAHAHA!

But seriously, the Speed Racer cartoon is delightful and you don't have to watch it high or drunk to enjoy it, but I'd assume it'd only enhance the experience. A bunch of crazy poo poo happens in other episodes as well, I wouldn't mind it if they did an episode on each and every episode of that show, because its amazing. Speed Racer does race against a train made out of gold

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

In Larry voice: Make America Great Again!

Dan Whitney voice: But seriously, you gotta put at least one Chappaquiddick joke in there

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

They really like the Speed Racer cartoon, but I'm not sure that counts. I don't think it's actually possible to not enjoy that show

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Crowetron posted:

I think Gallagher has replaced Miffed Dahmer On The Phone as my favorite running gag.

I'm imagining a post-apocalypse where Gallagher applies to all the roles and Louie Anderson denies him every single time

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

After a night of playing Lucio in Overwatch, I randomly listened to the Only the Strong episode, and I need to watch it now. It sounds AWESOME.
But no Eddie Gordo references? Guess the guys only play Mortal Kombat.
Which I just got (the new one), and when my friend kept knowing all the dumb random characters I thought of WHM.

I can't listen to that episode because they pronounce capoeira wrong every time. Capoeta is a genus of fish, capoeira is the martial art. That might just be my personal problem though.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Looking forward to the new Marvel alternate universe where Wolverine's power is reconnaissance nipples.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I like their interpretation that there is some menacing supernatural presence haunting the house, causing all this chaos and mischief to arise in addition to killing the babysitter

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Plus Donald Trump

I guess it's a good movie for the week of the elections then

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

duz posted:

Yeah, of all the letters they've gotten that didn't happen, that one didn't happen the most.

There might be a kernel of truth there, the person writing the letter might have insulted an old lady after all!

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

teen witch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7e6gLht6OQ

It is as bad, if not even worse, than the tangent let on. This is a On-Screen worthy "film".
This is unbelievable. If you want to have a bad time, look at the comments on that video.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

The Twinkie Czar posted:

So We Hate Movies, there's a podcast that doesn't piss me off. I thought Dracula 2000 was a great choice for a rerun, particularly because of their annoyance at the movie going meta by including the book as fiction in their world. It pairs nicely with This Ain't Yo Momma's Dracula, Dracula Untold.

I wish there was more discussion of what the alternate history of Andrew assassinating Fred Durst in a Virgin Megastore would look like

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I've gotten years of enjoyment out of the the podcast, so I'm giving them eight bucks this month, and if I find myself not enjoying the Star Trek podcast or the commentaries, I can always bump it down to three bucks.

Seems totally reasonable to me, these guys deserve some food on their (Mama Celeste gray) plates

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Oh poo poo, battlebots is back? Thanks Steve, I used to love that, unashamedly

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

My favorite running character other than the ones mentioned is Pippi Longstocking's Horse "EAT FISH YOU BITCH!"

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

I'm still not convinced that all of my them aren't just one person.

I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed that Andrew and Steve are the same guy and that Eric is a lonely ghost. No idea about Chris, probably Secundus or something

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Shirec posted:

:allears: The first time a person in a movie they've done takes the Sajdak way out killed me. It's one of my favorite low key running bits

It's just ahead of "Hey Sadjak!" when it comes to most likely way for Steve to die in the podcast

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Looking forward to Worst of 2016: it's just four episodes about Suicide Squad

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

precision posted:

Them laying into "incel" people was the best, they're gonna get letters and it's gonna be great :allears:

I think they've already rid themselves of those people long ago. Have to say I didn't expect that kind of reference from WHM, but what can I say, I'm glad they're up to date on stupid internet people.

also, if you haven't listened to the 18 Again episode, it's another "romcom" where your main dude is a huge creep, but for different reasons

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

for some reason Eric advised me not to take the 'cold one' challenge I devised, where you cook a 12 pack of Hebrew Nationals, then put them in the fridge when Day After Tomorrow starts, and once it ends, take the hot dogs out, put Highlander on, and make sure there can be only one, by consuming the cold dogs.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

New Big Daddy Dispatch is here!

It seems like they'll be doing a live show in Brooklyn this March so I guess brace yourselves

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I'm gonna call in the Scooby-Doo live action movie with Matthew Lillard and Freddie Prinze Jr. like I did last year, and the year before that.

It's such a dumb movie, it was the first time I went to a movie as a kid and realized that movies could be bad.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

duz posted:

It got me thinking, I kind of want a WHM/FPlus cross over for more fanfic reading because some of the stuff they manage to find is certainly magical.

that would be a crossover for just the two of us buddy, but I wouldn't mind the WHM crew reading some more strange Star Trek slashfic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

They just need to pay the bills. The ads never bother me because they're like 2 minutes tops and the guys use them to riff anyway. This isn't anywhere on the level of How Did This Get Made.

I was bummed out by it, but at least they're not shilling for Draft Kings anymore, those ads really bothered me. Honestly the thing that bums me out is that I recently used them not having interstitial ads as a selling point when recommending WHM to a friend.

I just hope it's not on the Patreon content, I don't need Worf talking about his Lootcrate.

Actually, you know, I'd like the ads way more if it was all in the TNG characters impressions, so I guess I'm just a hypocrite