Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Gyges posted:

It's impossible to trust anyone who doesn't like that.

I watched Hard Target just because of the WHM episode. Goddamn masterpiece, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

TetsuoTW posted:

I just listened to that episode again the other day and Cajun Brimley is right up there on the list of greatest WHM impressions.

Gawdahmoot

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

I got a little antsy when I saw they were doing Blind Fury because I loved it as a kid, but then I remembered it's OK to like a movie. Although it's even better when other people also like a movie.

This is how I felt when I saw the episodes for Ghostbusters 2 and Mystery Men. It's weird but I feel like I enjoyed the episodes more, knowing that I genuinely enjoyed the movies? Like I didn't feel defensive or upset or anything.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Best tangent has to be the art school guy who loves turtles and Keifer Sutherland.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

That story about the Greek guy on the bus is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Speed Racer is unironically one of my favorite movies but I'd love for them to do an episode about it. Kinda mad I already called in my Listener Request thing already, I should've suggested Speed Racer...

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Dr Monkeysee posted:

I've never understood this attitude. A WHM episode about a movie I like would be hilarious. I guess I don't get all defensive when a movie I like is criticized because I'm not a literal baby.

Seriously! Some of my favorite episodes have been about movies I like (Hard Target, Ghostbusters 2, Jingle All The Way). And I called in one of my favorite childhood movies for listener request month.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

RIPD :(

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You can actually tell a lot about your diet and current health that way.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Sounded fine to me. I was streaming from the default iPhone podcast app - I wonder if that made a difference?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Squallege posted:

Send us your drawing of this turtle or Kiefer Sutherland and a check for five dollars and we will evaluate your art.

??????

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I got drunk at a party and called in a second listener request tonight :tipshat: Sorry to whoever checks the voicemail

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 8, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The story about the Diablo player named PoopJuice popped into my head today and I started laughing and had to explain it to my husband. I probably looked a drat fool!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

It'll have you saying, "get over here!"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Yeah normally I enjoy the WHM ads but the Uber ads are kinda stilted, I hope they go with another advertiser soon. At least they're all right at the front of the episode so I can zone out during them and not risk missing the show!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

I genuinely cannot believe people actually didn't mind the skeevy-rear end fantasy sport ads that had the feeling of people trying to get you to buy scratch tickets.

They at least had some interaction and jokes, the Uber ads tend to be a single-person monologue.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

weekly font posted:

This could also be cause it's summer and no one is recording right now.

Good point! Once they come back I bet the ads get better.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I hope next week's rerun isn't Shock To The System because I just re-listened to that episode the other day :(

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Why would you think that when the clue is Samuel Jackson?

I thought he was in that movie? Maybe I'm thinking of another lovely Michael Caine movie.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

OrthoTrot posted:

Weird WHM question. I was listening to the episode for The Rapture yesterday and it had an intro by Andrew saying they cut a scene because of current events. I've not seen the film but I think the scene they cut out was an office shooting. What happened to make them want to cut this? I presume a mass shooting of some kind but I'm curious which one.

America.txt

If I remember right, it was the Sandy Hook shooting, because the main character shot a child/children.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

So many good options for next week... hoping for Liz & Dick or Cyber Seduction. Or if Disney movies qualify, Brink!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Timett posted:

What sort of 2015 garbage do you all expect or hope shows in the Worst of 2015 episodes?

Mortdecai

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

More to the point, by all accounts that movie is just kind of bland.

Yeah from what I've heard Dakota Johnson gives a fairly solid performance and the rest is just surprisingly inoffensive.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

MisterFister posted:

Holy poo poo the art school/turtle sutherland bit in the taking lives episode! I had to turn it off cause people at work must think I'm crazy I was laughing so hard... drat these guys are hilarious

"This is Donald Sutherland, that one's going in the trash"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

There's a new episode of Blame It On Outer Space up! I'm way too excited.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I have no clue what next week might be. Jack and Jill would be too easy.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I called in The Life Zone, which is about Robert Loggia kidnapping three women from an abortion clinic and forcing them to carry their pregnancies to term. We're meant to side with the kidnapper. In the end it turns out they're in purgatory.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I agree with LORD OF BUTT. I can't really think of any other flops from this year except that Zac Efron movie - or was Mortdecai 2015?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

starry skies above posted:

The problem I have with this podcast is that I haven't seen 90% of the films they cover and they're films I wouldn't want to see anyway.

It often seems that they're hunting for really terrible films --but these guys are at their best when they cover mainstream movies that look dated and bad now but were quite a hit back in the day like Mrs. Doubtfire.

Counterpoint: Abraxas.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

If nothing else, the ads have brought us "Promo Code: HATE" which is always entertaining.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

well why not posted:

Which episode could you pick though? There's either plot-related episodes where very little happens, or filler which doesn't really represent the show's normal content. So obviously, filler episode would be my choice. That or if they pull an episode deep from the Cell saga or something and see if they can figure out who/what an Android is. Animation Damnation is always a good time.

I'd love for them to cover other western-bought japanese stuff. Like digimon, cardcaptors or whatever else was on Cheez TV.

Have WHM ever actually covered a movie they love? It'd be interesting to see them discuss something positively. They've reviewed some movies I would call entertaining (Face/Off) but Jupin normally talks poo poo on everything.

Hard Target and Pray For Death are the first ones I can think of.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I really hope next week is King Ralph.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can't remember which episode (there's been a lot of content the past two weeks) but they straight up said the next Animation Damnation is James Bond Jr.

I remember hearing that, too. I think it was the last Animation Damnation, the Beetlejuice one.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Hard Target is the best episode about the greatest film ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5QIK3_Cjo

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

GlenMR posted:

The way Jupin says "GAR DAR MUT" just loving slays me.

"He's a WUT?!"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I still maintain that The Life Zone is one of the most offensive, disturbing premises for a movie I've ever seen. I totally get why they didn't pick it for Viewer Request Month because jesus christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cb5bQyD2j0

Plot summary: "Three pregnant women are kidnapped from abortion clinics and detained against their will for seven months until they give birth."

And it's not like a horror movie where the kidnapper is the villain and the women are the heroes, no no no, they're all sluts (except for the ones who change their minds and happily accept being forced into motherhood).

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

That wrestling bit was ridiculously funny. Jim Ross impressions are always hilarious, and these were no exception.

I have no clue why they haven't done a Weekend at Bernie's remake either. Get Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum to do it, I'd get drunk and see that.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

"I don't like these things wearing diapers cause that means they have assholes"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

Earlier today, when you heard a dog barking faintly in the distance, that was absolutely Frank Welker. You owe him seventy thousand dollars.

Pretty sure it was Secundus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who added "woof" into my daily speech after listening to this show.

I've started saying "you can keep it" and "sit on it and spin" without even realizing it.