Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
My go-to argument for things I don't like has defaulted to "garbage" because of WHM, but it's a lot nicer than what I used to say, so the show actually is improving lives one at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Couldn't we have just raised a few thousand dollars each for Fred Willard and John Ratzenberger? Did we really need to humiliate them for money?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Count Chocula posted:

Is that last song by Jim Steinman? Because I need it.

Yep. Thought it might have been recycled from his Batman musical, but I guess not.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I anticipate at least one Ichiban: Lipstick for Men joke.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One of the saddest things about Eragon is that the main focus of the book, the budding relationship between Eragon and Saphira as rider and dragon, where he finds her as a hatchling and raises her to adulthood, is completely glossed over. She hatches, flies into a storm, gets hit by lightning that turns her into an adult dragon, and the story continues like that isn't the dumbest thing anybody has ever seen.

If the rest of the movie had even attempted to hide the bland Star Wars/ LOTR homage, it might have approached watchably mediocre. Instead, it's just How To Train Your Dragon

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wish they'd do more of those kid power movies. I was exactly the target audience for those back then and even I thought it was all bullshit.

That said, Heavyweights is still goddamn hilarious.

Man of the House.

I just want to listen to WHM vs. Chevy Chase vs. Jonathan Taylor Thomas for an hour and forty five minutes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I watched a group of adults sagely nod their heads after a child read them an outlandish prophecy he interpreted from the sides of cereal boxes, Paul Giamatti hold his breath for close to two minutes as he squeezed into a magical grotto hidden underneath a swimming pool grate for a magical healing rock, and a wolf made of grass scratch at a locked door so hard that it swung open towards him, letting him wander undetected into a group of people actively on the lookout for wolves made of grass.

Going in, I knew Lady in the Water was going to be bad, but precision is right. It is more than bad. It is an un-film.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Careful, y'all might summon SMG here.

BRING IT. I would love to know how Lady in the Water is actually about the hardships of the Russian Revolution and not just M. Night Shyamalan proudly and publicly Shyamalaning the bed.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The PED-abusing suits from Next Mutation are actually a step above the ones from TMNT III. Gross, nonsensical shellboobs and all.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The subsequent Last Man Standing thread where people :toxx:ed to review randomly assigned episodes of a show should be a thing again.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Thirteen Ghosts. Tony Shalhoub and Matthew Lillard impressions for days.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ads: Loudly proclaim that you're going to THE MONEY ZONE like they do on MBMBAM? Advertisers get the placement they want and there's no slow realization that when you're talking about how easily something can be folded back up and returned if you're not satisfied with it you're talking about an internet mattress and not Jim Belushi.

Dirty Grandpa: Not even worth skipping to the end.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The only reason I haven't submitted Redwall for Animation Damnation so many times they ask me to stop is I'm not a Patreon subscriber so I wouldn't be able to enjoy the results.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For some reason, the distinction of "Human Renee Zellweger" really made me laugh. Like she's most widely known for her role in Shark Tale and not as Bridget Jones or whatever.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Well, yeah. I'm guessing that was the primary intent. But it's not going to stop me from identifying her as "Human Renee Zellweger" from now on.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Only if they do a double feature with S. Darko.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

sean10mm posted:

Is Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever as bad as Ultraviolet? It was the first thing to spring to mind when I tried to think of a similarly lovely "No, seriously, even for a trash action movie it's just no loving good" movie.

I haven't seen it in forever though.

No. Ecks vs. Sever is a baffling piece of media, but there is plenty to analyze. Whoever said Ultraviolet is like a snippet of a movie from Last Action Hero or a Stallone joint extrapolated into a feature film was on the money. It's how Milla Jovovich, star of the Resident Evil franchise, slums it up.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
This is the first time I've just turned an episode off and moved on. I'm not going to defend Power Rangers. It is what it is. But the constant tired political jokes and guffawing over how bad it was when they couldn't seem to remember the most basic things about it anyway was a waste of everyone's time.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It'll be worth it after someone tells him the answer is, unfortunately, yes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
We Hate Movies' got nards and virgins.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How has no bad movie podcast made their way through the Prehysteria trilogy?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Hudson Hawk?! Are you implying you don't love every second of that film when we still haven't gotten a Thirteen Ghosts episode?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Bonus points if you/your date/anyone in the theater actively vomited during the screening.

Speaking of... next RLM I'm requesting Return to OZ. :getin:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The memories of my cousin sitting in a lovely diaper watching The Little Mermaid six or seven times a day for months on end pretty much ruined that movie for me.

Almost makes me feel bad for my parents for how many times I watched TMNT II.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Do not worry about Eric Szyszka.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Almost forty years in the business but he sat out 1985 entirely?

gently caress you, Nicolas Cage. We’re enemies now.

I misunderstood. I am Face/Off. All is forgiven.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 12, 2018

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
:hfive:

I guess Con Air is also on the table but nah...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

DoubleCakes posted:

Also, I heard through a grapevine that the first episode of next season will be the Flintstones film.

Be still my heart.

For every genuinely clever joke in The Flintstones, there are two absolutely buried in fremdschämen. If nobody fucks up LRM this year, maybe we'll get a Viva Rock Vegas episode too.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just thinking about Alan Cumming as The Great Gazoo kinda bums me out that we haven't gotten a Josie and the Pussycats episode yet. That's a guaranteed We Love Movies.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I know. It's a perfect encapsulation of 2001. The guy who's "just gotta buy a six-pack of Zima!" might be one of my favorite jokes for how layered it is.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"How Did The Grinch Stole Christmas?" got me good.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

General Dog posted:

He's just continuing the legacy of those brutally unfunny muppet skits his dad did for SNL.

The Land of Gorch is better than most of the musical performances. But so is turning the TV off.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Hockles posted:

Patreon: Lara Croft Tomb Raider (1st Angelina Jolie one)

I got both Mortal Kombats. I'm getting National Treasure. (And the second better be a Stay Tuned...)

You win, WHM.

You will have five of my dollars this month.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Date Movie #RLM2020

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Then we see Ali Larter six months later remembering him with their baby.

That's not how babies work, movie about Death clumsily hunting teenagers.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Shock Treatment or bust.

Repo! The Genetic Opera has to be 10+ years old by now...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Once again, Ben Kingsley steals a role from a hard working Metalunan.

BiggerBoat posted:

Do they do Halloween suggestions because Phantom would be right up their alley as either a We Love or a We Hate. I love it to death but pretty sure these dudes could do a hard number on it.

No way is that not a (begrudging) We Love Movies.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Lots of not-Pippi Longstockings answers. Yer all gettin' the chair.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The best scare in The Ring is surreptitiously calling the house you're in when the credits start to roll and watching your friends jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They're cursed by a voodoo witch an hour and a half in and the rest is a battle of the bands.