Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Sausage is a staple on any traditional Julbord in Sweden. You telling me you don’t eat sausage at Christmas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The best joke of the Space Jam Legacy ep (which was very funny to begin with) is the fact that Cabin watched it and the original all in vain.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Predictably, the Dune episode is a whole lot of “oh man x is so awesome, and y, so awesome!” And I just don’t get the enthusiasm for WLM. It’s just not fun.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What’s the deadline for listener requests? I’m tempted to call in “Tiptoes” but I suspect they’re not comfortable to talk about a movie with such abhorrent representation of little people, but otherwise I’m thinking “Milk Money” or “Blank Check” for that awful 90’s kid movie stuff.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gleep Glossary is honestly the one thing that keeps me on the higher tier nowadays. That and the Lifetime show.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Okay so I checked and deadline for call ins are February 2nd. Chop chop people!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

secretly best girl posted:

An update has come out: Once in a Lifetime this month will be Stalked by My Doctor: The Return.

Oh hell yes.

Big pass on WLM tho. I mean, it usually is for me anyway but I *hated* those movies. Only movie of his I’ve had much patience for was actually his latest one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Well phone number won’t work for me, so I’ll just hope ya’ll know what you’re doing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

teen witch posted:

You calling from a Swedish number? I’m wondering if 3 isn’t playing nice

Yes and I’ve got Telia, dunno what’s it about, I’ve called them previous years.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ooooh man I’ve missed Steve’s Larry impression. He has a great handle on the hillbilly “h’yuck” laugh.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"Hey keeewl I got cuckolded" :allears:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Listening to the old Larry episodes is a wild ride. Steve makes such a great “h’yuck” laugh, it’s amazing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

After listening to Delta Farce, I ended up going back and revisiting Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector.

It made me wish there were more untapped Larry the Cable Guy movies

Same, they are truly special. I feel like having a fun voice to do really greases their funny bones.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Pops Mgee posted:

I’m sure they’ll do the Cars movies at some point. An animated movie with Larry should get Eric extra agitated.

I doubt it. It's only the second one that's truly terrible and I don't think they'd find too much to grasp at in those movies.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'd love for them to get into a bit more of those odd 90's kids movies, like Blank Check and Milk Money.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Delta Farce really is their best ep in quite a while IMO.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Been lagging behind these guys for a while now but this WLM on Two Towers is a great laugh so far. As usual, WLM rocks when there’s a nerdy element to the movie.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

Man all three of these movies rule. But which Lord of the Rings is best of the three?

I say the first one!

You are quite right. It is the first one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I realise it’s Stephen’s baby but I think it’d be fun if the winner of the VHS game becomes the next host, so it won’t just be the never ending Chris Cabin winfest. Would allow Steve to participate too!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

He certainly seems cool on that recording. I mean, obviously he got paid for it but still.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not a fan of WLM but at least they’ve moved it away from December, making space for the inevitable Christmas with the Kranks episode.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

A one-star Letterbox review from Eric of a certain Tim Allen Christmas movie heralds good times for December…(no it’s not *that* one).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Wait what? That is absolutely not possible for him to not know.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gonna have to assume Chris is trolling tbh. I literally can’t conceive how he could have missed such a basic detail of one of the biggest tv-shows in modern history.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

New Lifetime ep is not actually Lifetime but it’s hella fun.

This and the Kranks ep is top notch stuff. The comedy flows so much better from these guys when they really hate the stuff.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m guessing the WLM of January is gonna be The Batman; pretty sure I saw on Andrew’s Letterboxd that he rewatched it and he loved it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Top Gun Maverick as WLM huh? Yeah that’s fine, it was a great time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not one to list must-haves in their discussions but I genuinely can’t believe no one mentioned the deer-slap.

Also if someone could call in and ask for Tiptoes tia. Previous years I’ve never been able to get through the phone line here in Sweden, guessing it’s the same this year.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Going back to a real banger ep, “Angel has Fallem”. Great bits with President Nerd and a tsunami of my favourite impression of theirs: Nick Nolte. Stephen’s Nick Nolte is bringing me to tears of laughter every time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It’s high time they do Book of Henry I feel. Been a while since we’ve had a good disgusting little shitboy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can't help but roll my eyes when Eric pulls the episode to a screeching halt to in detail highlight the available content on Patreondotcomslashwehatemovies. Save it for the end, dude.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I've kind of dropped off a lot of their content tbh. Haven't listened to Nexus stuff in a while, never really picked up the 90's teenromance shows they're doing, and the WLM stuff is, more often than not, just grating. Gleep Glossary and Lifetime is absolute golden still so they got my money for those.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

If it’s an entity with a certain place within nerd culture (Star Wars, LOTR, Indiana Jones) it’s probably a good WLM. If it’s simply a great movie they like it tends to be pretty dull to me, because it ends up with them repeating, over and over, the same points of “actor x is so awesome, this scene is so good, actress y is incredible.” Goodfellas ep was this IMO and it simply ain’t fun.

It’s not a guarantee tho: I didn’t care for the Gremlins 2 ep and I loved the Casablanca one. Go figure. I skip most WLM tho.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Angel has Fallen and The Sound of Thunder are top tier episodes from the past few years.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

They were on fire this ep. They really need to keep digging into terrible 90’s kids films, it’s guaranteed gold. Milk Money and Blank Check is right there.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Mixed feelings about the soundboard stuff in the GG. I don’t mind the occasional alarm sound and stuff but then pausing after every joke so canned audience laughter can play is getting annoying.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Just finished it, one of those few WLM eps I stick around for. It's great, much like the movie. Goddamn do I love that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGN0LuEXBYY

The imagery coupled with the music just seals this as the best ending of a movie I know.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I think it was Steve who said that Raiders is clearly the superior movie but Last Crusade is incredibly watchable and I agree with that. Raiders is almost perfect in my books, one of my absolute favourites. This one isn't quite there but man is it a good time. I do love it dearly.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Just rewatched the library scene and I forgot how funny that gag was. The guy really is playing it like an old Chaplin gag and it absolutely works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I always laugh when they start screaming “VIVIAN!” I’m glad Stephen started that ball rolling with the last movie. “VIVIAN! GET IN HERE!” is such a fun thing to tell for some reason.