Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Have they ever done a Jonathan Taylor Thomas film because just a year before I'll Be Home For Christmas came out there was Wild America and that movie could be an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That's strange... We Love Movies was just as entertaining as We Hate Movies...

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I would almost like that film if Michael Shannon wasn't replaced my Thomas Lennon for the second half. If it was just Michael Shannon drinking, howling and F-grade fursuiting, it would have been a recommended film.

I don't know if it had a darker conception and was edited into a light comedy. It was likely conceived as a black comedy, or a surreal PG-13 comedy.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"This dude sucks. I hope he's dead."

Andrew's cold and blunt zingers are always the best. :allears:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Andrew's deflated sound made me laugh out loud! "Errrr, I don't knoooow...!"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Yeah, that movie was something else. Honestly it would be a recommend if Naomi Watts went through with the assassination. It's just too weird though. It makes me shudder.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I don't mean to be such a fanatic, but I don't think it's possible for the WHM guys to not be entertaining. Their mailbag episodes are great because it's just more WHM goodness.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A callback to the Jeff Foxworthy Golden Corral commercials? What a wonderful surprise! :D

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Buddy Brigade bit was fantastic.

Also I want them to do that Goldeneye tournament and record it.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

enigmahfc posted:

AS much as I like this podcast and think the guys are great, they know dick about video games.

Which would make them hosting a video game podcast pretty great, actually

Can you imagine? They'd mistake UI for HUD! It would be a glorious trainwreck!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I hear they are not only rebooting Shrek they are also rebooting Puss in Boots as its own franchise, which I think is for the best that PiB jettisons the dead weight.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Their Michael Shannon is really underrated.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The worst thing Cabin does is that joke where he says a movie is bad over and over comedically and that's never been funny, even in the TGWTG era of internet criticism.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm pretty sure Chris is the one that keeps up with all the latest record releases and has the best taste in music. Probably collects vinyls.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Is this the episode where Larry Clark became an O.W.I. (Official WHM Impression)?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Anyway the episode was good. There were so many good jokes! The jokes just kept coming...

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Was this a podcast or a liveshow? Because usually their live shows do not go on for that long.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That sucks but at the same time seems very appropriate for a conspiracy podcast.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Vin Diesel only watches biopics bit was hysterical!

"How could they all be Bob Dylan? Doesn't make any sense..."

Chris was MVP of this episode.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Their Knowing episode was solid but jesus Cabin with that dousing baby joke! :stare:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I've almost completely binged Hooked On TJ Hooker and for someone who really likes the WHM gang talking about media from the early eighties going back, this podcast really does it for me (especially the episodes where the other WHM guys guest star). It's very chill compared to WHM proper and the hosts speak very naturalistically. The volume ceiling on their cast is very low. Very cozy! :kimchi:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Angelica's mom being offended by WHM's vulgarity and Angelica defending it with "But it's so creative!" is the most WHM story.

Edit: Martin Cinemax RETURNS!

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 27, 2019

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A callback to their Killer Workout episode? Nice. :hfive:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Nathan Rabin has a problem with that but I don't think it's that bad. His voice just fades as he finishes a sentence sometimes.

Also, good use of a Trump impression on the lastest Hooked on TJ Hooker. "Kid Rock is about to achieve the Medal of Freedom for Ba-wit-da-ba-bang-bang-bitty-bitty"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A sweet callback to Mortal Kombat nudalities and knocking CinemaSins? What an episode!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Really Lawnmower Man just sounds like a cool film, gonna watch it now.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's fascinating how those "there is no movie to talk about" are usually pretty good. WHM is a podcast that builds the comedy around the movie's plot but even when the plot is nonexistent they come up with great stuff.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Jupin losing his weezing mind over the movie's tricentennial celebration is hilarious.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I like the idea of Steve and his wife going to see this movie together and making it a ritual.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Oh my god... We're getting it...

We are getting WHM Tommy Wiseau impressions.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The logistics of pulling in guest hosts would get in the way of that unless they want to just pull people from their local area. Usually when they get guest hosts they travel to that city to make that episode and if WHM is traveling, they're traveling as a foursome.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Crowetron posted:

Sometimes when I encounter a minor inconvenience, "Whatever happened to the beach?" pops into my head. I think that was the Killer Workout ep? Or maybe Nightmare Beach.

It's from Killer Workout and that's a great line.

As for my own favourite line, that Silence of the Lambs Mr Dominoes impression is my favourite.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"Who could care?"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Another good episode. WHM is hilarious but I appreciate them really shining a light on the movie's have-cake-eat-too approach to homosexuality where saying that F-slur is bad but making dozens of gay jokes is fine.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Another WHMism that's taken my vocabulary: "And I'm throwing up..." which is what I say to things that make me nauseous.

And I just relistened to the episode on I Know Who Killed Me which was a letdown the first time I listened to it because I wanted it to be as plotty and rich as their episode on The Butterfly Effect but it's actually full of so many good bits including an aside on Art Bell and a Ask Jeeves impression.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

How could it not be a WLM? Honestly?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That Gabrus guy was okay? His laughing wasn't annoying? :shrug:

Hard disagree on him being the worst

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I used to be a guy like OtherRick :smith:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Evil Mastermind posted:

I appreciate the 10 year rule too, but I wish they'd go back and do some 80's schlock again once in a while.

This is why the 300 episode was so good is that enough time had passed so that their perspective on what that movie meant for culture then and going forward was 20/20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I love Andrew's "OOOOOOH owieowieowieowieowieowieowie" recurring catchphrase. It's come out the last year or so and it 's a great new catchphrase.