Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Dear lord, I had to pause and pre-laugh before that Jesse Ventura/The Body gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I just finished watching it and it's a bad film and not terribly entertaining even when it gets into the ripple world shenanigans. That being said, the WHM guys will have plenty to riff about!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's been a few days since I saw A Sound of Thunder. I've come down from the high and I realize it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The main character has no personality. In fact very few characters express any emotion.

Death Wish 4, that will be a lot of retreaded especially since in their Faces of Death episode they went through a lot of events in past Death Wish movies. It's ending is ridiculous, from the hilarious final kill to the awful choice of credit music that plays just after. The music is really weird in DW4.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It was a pretty solid episode even if it treaded a lot of familiar WHM ground. Lots of good jokes and tangents while still keeping with the plot of the movie which is difficult when they are on a time limit like their live shows.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

jojoinnit posted:

Went back to listen to some old episodes for movies I've never even heard of. Holy hell is Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe a great episode.

The latest episode on Doom 2005 brings back the Ventura impression and god help me if that never gets old. It always lands.

The plot of Doom 2005 is thin so the WHM hosts had to compensate with lots of tangents but it was still a great ep.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The new mailbag episode is out on podcast and YouTube. Steven has a story about crapping his pants and trying to cover up the evidence and there's a letter about Gallagher being a horrible person at a show.

Henker posted:

And going back to Doomchat, Doom is $1.50 on most consoles right now so I picked it up for Switch. That game still holds up really well for being one of the grandfathers of the FPS genre.

I wouldn't take any of the WHM guys to be Doom fans but I wonder how deep Cabin got into Doom. Did he play Plutonia!?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I have my favourites (like Butterfly Effect, Easy Rider 2, Cyber Seduction) but I don't know if I'd consider them part of the WHM canon.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

This latest episode on Law-Abiding Citizen is a good one. On the note that Criminal Minds was the dumb CSI, wasn't CSI already pretty dumb? It always seemed dumb to me, especially CSI: Miami.

Also, stay tuned for Gamer?

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 3, 2020

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Blame it on Rio is a quintessential WHM episode but it's not one you point newcomers too.

Bee Movie is part of the newer WHM canon. 300, too. Traces of Red is up there (Mr Dominoes... :cry:).

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

'Ey, pally! The new episode of We Hate Movies is on the Charles Bronson flick Death Wish 4: The Crackdown. Frankly I was surprised the WHM guys didn't lose it at the villain gets evaporated by a grenade round after killing Kersey's lady friend. And you'll never guess how many acting credits Danny Trejo has!

Next week is the time travelling movie A Sound of Thunder.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The guys are going remote and for the time of their social distancing they are starting up a FREE podcast about some 90's television shows.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1239625877434007552

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 16, 2020

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

There's just so little to the plot of A Sound of Thunder they were inevitably going to fall down these drawn out (but hilarious) tangents. Stephen playing that Tom Petty song :haw:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

When they started listing off Walshs I was praying for an M Emmet Walsh joke about him dating teenagers and I got it and it was glorious. Literally crying right now

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I think my favourite joke to come out of Melr0210 is the landlord(?) having five different jobs.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I've been encouraging myself to watch more films in prep of WHM but Cool As Ice might be too obnoxious for me.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

These Billy impressions have really taken off!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's not the first time I've listened to WHM while gaming but I'm doing it a lot more these days.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Even if you are a huge fan of movies (which they are despite claiming to HATE movies) you cannot know about every actor/movie. There have just been too many of them in our history!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The mention of Rae Dawn Chong makes me wonder if WHM will ever get around to the Mark Hamill flick Time Runner, because drat is that a big stupid ride.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Apparently there's going to be a revisit episode in the future! You know what that means... Wired, Take 3

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Captain Hotbutt posted:

The fact that they'll love and call out performances by character actors they see in crappy movies is incredibly endearing. I re-tried listening to "How Did This Get Made?" for the third or fourth time - I don't know why, I'm a glutton for punishment I guess - and it was very clear the three of those hacks could barely follow a barebones boob-comedy plot and basic movie structures, let alone care or know anything about the people in the films themselves.

Their appreciate for "flowers in a garbage dump" is not incredibly rare but it's not incredibly common either and I hate it when a review or analysis of a media gets too focused on the negative. I quit listening to a video game podcast because most of the hosts just would literally stop themselves from appreciating any small part of a game they disliked. I love it when the WHM guys get into the histories of directors and actors, not just on WHM but also on sideshows like Hooked of TJ Hooker.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Looking forward for a month of POTC. Honestly, I don't hate those movies but at the same time there's so much to tear down.

Also, laughing at Beverly Hills 90210 thinking that making one of your main cast a conspiracy-touting racist for an episode was a smart move.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I had given a few of those other movie podcasts a listen but none of them are like WHM. There's something about WHM's mix of their own friendship, their jokes including all their weird impressions and tangents, their analysis of the movie itself, etc. Nothing is as comfy as We Hate Movies. It doesn't stop at movies, though. I could listen to these guys talk about anything.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Wife Week

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I literally had never watched so much as a clip from TJ Hooker before listening to Hooked On TJ Hooker and I loved the podcast from the get-go. Eric and Ben are very subdued on it. They play a lot of humour dryly and low-key, which gives it a humble charm.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I just love how Melr0210 has expanded the WHM lore by whole counties. Their Aaron Spelling impression has quickly become one of their best, and their Billy voice wraps up their Melrose episodes and a dorky dumb bow!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I love the implication that Aaron Spelling started calling Tori Spelling, his own daughter, Donna for everything.

"You know who could be in Scream 2? DONNA."

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The pop punk wasn't part of the original airing, was it?

The WHM guys often exaggerate parts of the movies/show for comedic effect but they are not exaggerating how much Billy suck. My lord does Billy suck.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Mystery Inc is legit one of the best western cartoons of the 2010s.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The latest Melr0210 had a joke of a toddler being whacked by the mob that had been cackling! This podcast episode was the funniest for me which is ironic since the WHM gang felt the TV episode was full of nothing.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Was Amir their first guest for Melr0210? He was pretty good. He brings a very different energy than the WHM guys but he's still funny.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I think the stupidest moment in Zookeeper is when Kevin James literally urinates in the middle of a restaurant because a wolf told him to.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I have more memories about Honey, We Blew Up The Kid and the direct-to-video sequel than the original. I was watching the former when I was really young so those memories are pretty vague but I remember a lot about Shrunk Ourselves, like Mila Kunis in an early role and the shrunk adults hacking a stereo system so one of the dads can pretend to be God.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Love that return of Divorced Dad. :allears:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you’ve never watched Autofocus, mentioned on this weeks episode, check it out. It’s really good.

Sounds like a gas. I will check it out!

MariusLecter posted:

I saw Casablanca when Netflix was still mailing out DVDs for the 'SHAMEFUL: The greatest movies you've never seen' thread.

I wasn't expecting much but it definitely delivered.
Couldn't stop thinking of all the references and parodies I'd seen as they happened but it was definitely an appreciation of why it had such an osmosis through cartoons, tv shows and even other movies.

I abandoned that thread in this sub forum and just started watching movies on my list and catching everything else I could out of loving movies.

I saw Casablanca last year in an effort to mark down a few classics from my backlog. It was entertaining which was good enough for me. At the time I had been watching a few older movies and found them boring.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Can't wait for the return of Larry the Cable Guy impressions

It's going to have new context with Larry the Cable Guy being an anti-vax scumwad.

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 9, 2022

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I think they could do a Cars film. I haven't seen the second one (yet) but the first one, for how tepid it is, could make an episode. There's a lot of old-America boomer mystifying that's ripe for WHM's mockery.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

precision posted:

or they'll make fun of alt-right shitheads for being all "wokeism gone mad!", but then they'll do the same "woke-ism has gone too far" thing by talking about how you "can't show sex in movies anymore", and it's like... the exact, literally exact same tone and argument and it's like :psyduck:

Do they attribute the lack of sex in movies as "wokeism gone too far", though? I don't think they have pointed the finger at any movement aside from it being a modern Hollywood/Disney thing. They even made fun of the sex scene in Eternals because it was post-marital sex.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Imagining a T-shirt with Bowser and his dozen unruly kids with "Wrap it up, you fat dragon!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I dunno, maybe. But when I really pay attention every period seems like the best period. Don't tell anyone but I relistened to that Chill Factor episode and people weren't good on it when it debuted but it's got a lot of good gags like Doc Brown fishing.