Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Since they are doing horror movies for the summer reruns I really hope we get Silver Bullet. I have a lot of nostalgia for both the movie (it scared the poo poo out of me as kid) and the episode (it was the first one I ever listened too, back before I could tell the guys apart).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Violator posted:

I was just thinking that. The Silver Bullet episode really made me a follower of the show since they gave it fairly strong praise and universal recommends. I love the movie for admittedly nostalgic reasons, but I also think it's basically a perfect horror movie even if the creature effects are a little low budget.

The bully kid getting wrecked in the gazebo really hosed me up as a kid. I remember they imply more than show how hosed up his corpse is, and I couldn't stop imagining how messed up he might be. Probably my first real exposure to horror movie gore/violence.

I think the Gary Busey factor means there is a strong chance we get it before the summer reruns are done.

JackBobby fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 18, 2016

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Do we have a new episode dropping tonight? Really hoping for some fresh WHM to make my hungover transition back into the work week palatable.

Also pretty psyched that the Spooktacular is going to be starting up pretty soon. I love fall and Halloween especially. Over the past few years I've really come to associate WHM (and that rad seasonal theme music) with that time of year.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Wasn't podcast impressionist heavy weight James Adomian on an episode of BIOOS doing his classic Ventura? Probably the closest we'll get to a WHM - CBB crossover.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Just listened to the Substitute 2 episode. Was anyone else disappointed that they referred to Guru as a middling rapper and didn't seem to realize that he died a few years ago?