Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Just watched Alien Resurrection and I'd love to see them cover it. It's bizarre and schlocky on so many levels. I'd really like to see Lucy too.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I like this podcast a lot but if I listen to it while baked at night I'll fall asleep because its generally chill and I think Erics voice is kinda soothing/cute.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Has anyone requested Death Spa? Is it too similar to Killer Workout? The premise is wacky and theres a scene where a yuppie seductively eats asparagus.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
The Craft is crazy stupid and awful and I'd like to see them cover it sometime. I don't think the screenwriters understood money because one girl's mother gets a 100,000 dollars and then buys a really nice apartment in LA.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Watched Pet Sematary 2 recently, followed by the WHM episode. What a weird little sequel. The movie sets up Edward Furlong as the main character but a good chunk of the runtime is dedicated to the other kid and his family, then he just dies and it's back to Furlong.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
The George Lucas impressions always kill me. I like nice Amy Adams as well.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Watched Sucker Punch with the commentary last night, I loved their portrayal of a perverted old Zack Snyder trying to pawn the movie off as feminist.

"You know what's real feminist? Watching two girsl make out."

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 16, 2017

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
The running joke that Bee Movie is someone's secret gigantism fetish is killing me.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 18, 2017

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I imagine the patreon bucks aren't that high after taxes and splitting it 4 ways, especially in New York. They're writers and comedians, they probably don't make a lot from their day jobs anyway.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
My only criticism of the show is that the opening theme is much louder than the rest of the episode.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Just watched Boss Baby. I thought the memory wipe was oddly creepy and unintentionally funny. A screenwriter wrote a scene where a 7 year old boy is being offered the chance to erase any memories of his brother by a baby in a hazmat suit. That's a lot for a kid to deal with!

Boss Baby's memories were erased when he chose to become family, did he technically die?

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 5, 2018

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Boss Baby is weird because it's a kids movie but is also has memory wipes, sleeper agents, corporate espionage, and a company that genetically engineers puppies. Stuff I'd normally associate with cyberpunk or transhuman sci-fi, in a movie about a talking baby.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I'm glad this thread turned into making GBS threads on RPO because that book deserves every ounce of poo poo. It's so bad and I have no idea how it received so many accolades.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Lets not forget the huge Japanese stereotypes who have HONORU and love ultraman. Or the paragraph dedicated to the main character loving a lubed up sexbot in his dingy apartment.

I don't think the movie will be as bad as the book which is unfortunate because I'd love to see the WHM gang tear it apart.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I can't imagine that the movie will be able to drop so many references because like 80 percent of the book is internal monologue that's just a list of movies and videogames followed by wiki entries about them.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

At one point his family, and essentially every person he knows in real life, is murdered by the evil corporation when they set off a bomb in his family trailer. This causes him to be incredibly infuriated... that they tried to kill him. At no point does he ever seem to want vengeance or grieve for the 40+ people who were killed because he tried to win the internet.

It's okay because they were dumb normie sheep who don't understand the brilliance of nerd culture.

*buys ticket to a Star Wars movie that will rake in billions of dollars because it's one of the largest franchises on earth

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
RPO probably got so big because the moral of the story is that it's okay to be an insufferable rear end in a top hat who looks down on others because they don't know as much trivia about geeky pop culture as you do. There are a lot of nerds out there with nothing to offer beyond having an encyclopedic knowledge of the media they consume.

If the main character abandoned his quest to improve himself or the world in any measurable way it probably wouldn't have resonated with so many people. Instead, he inherits an insane amount of wealth because he knows some stuff about Monty Python.

I'm willing to bet Ernest Cline loathes sports fanatics even though sports culture places just as much value in being a "true" fan who remembers every bit of trivia imaginable.

You don't even have to be a REAL NERD to be validated by that book because most of the references are something that anyone who was alive during the 80s and 90s would remember.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
"I ate too much chili and forgot about my kids."

I'm dead.