Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

General Dog posted:

Have the guys ever done a bit about Mr. Skin?

Not that I recall, but Swordfish has a great running gag about Minute 38 and the kinds of men who keep track of cinematic boob timecodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I respect that the guys are working hard to grow their brand, and I hope the WHM empire can become a full-time paying gig for all of them if they want it, but I really don't think it's a show that needs guests. Occasional insights from disaster movie expert Justin J. Case are great, sure, but the chemistry between the four of them is what I tune in for.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'd like Chelsea to be on more often.
Yeah she's awesome. Maybe she and Angelica could team up for She Hates Movies

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Downloaded early episodes from the archive. Great from the beginning, oddly Jupin sounds really different than he does now. He doesn’t sound bad but took a little while to realize it was him.

I miss the movie clips and songs, totally understand why those had to go but added nice spice.
Jupin's non-radio voice always reminds me of 90s cartoon voice actors, in a good way. Like he'd be great voicing a teenager drawn with giant pants.

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think we are forgetting our favorite fifth member: spooky weather noises interrupting their recording.

Has it really been so long that no one recognizes founding member Cloudy anymore?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Is there ever a WHM line that gets stuck in your head for a while that repeats on loop?

For me; it's when Andrew asked Steve which of the Ninja Turtles he would be, and his response was "Michelangelo because I want people to like me." Then described him as "A walking cry for help."

Steve's very measured "Does... it?" after one of the others complimented some bad movie. I wish I could remember what episode that's from. God the spin he put on that line just makes me crack up every time I remember it.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Weird Dispatch today:

quote:

You're getting this email because we never want to lie to you generous patrons but one of the episodes we planned to do in Los Angeles wasn't able to happen—nobody's fault, just the way these things go sometimes—so we're gonna call an audible to the previously released schedule.

Did one of the LA shows get canceled? Or did they have a recording mishap like with National Treasure?

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

END ME SCOOB posted:

The canceled episode was the Kazaam one, so I presume it was just scheduling issues with the guest.

Yet another victim of the Mandela Effect, smh

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Firstborn posted:

I'm a little cautious about the Fury Road one. I think I'm just really protective of that movie, and didn't really feel that way until I read that list despite the avatar. It occurs to me that there isn't too many that I'd say that about.

90% sure it's going to be a WLM, not a WHM. I love Fury Road and I'd love to say that's the one that got me worried, but sadly it turns out the movie they've covered that I feel most protective of is National Treasure 2. :negative:

The tunnel scene is underrated!

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BiggerBoat posted:

I finally signed up for the Patreon because these dudes have given me more than enough value for my money and make my work day tolerable.

But is it me or is the way these shows, links and streams really all over the place and unorganized? I feel like every time I play a show or switch from my laptop to my phone, the interface is different, wonky and confusing. I think I've got it figured out on the laptop but on the phone it goes from Google drive, to WHM Prime and even though I bookmarked poo poo once I got it right it still seems like like it's loving with me. Could be because I am :corsair: and don't use a ton of phone apps but any help would be appreciated.

Like, on the WHM Prime site, it lists everything even if I just want episodes by category or a basic list and poo poo like that. Could also be I have an older (3 years or so) phone

I use Downcast for everything (you have to add the Patreon feed manually, iirc, but it's easy) and it's very needs-suiting. It has a keyword search function when you click "see all episodes," which can help for finding things like Mailbag episodes or WLM, and it pulls down everything that's not archived in that Google Drive you should have gotten a link to with your Patreon sub.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ravenkult posted:

Wow this guest sucks

I'm glad it's not just me! I'm pretty anti them having guests in general, as I just don't think they need it, but this guy didn't seem interested in the format of the show. What a waste of a WLM.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soup du Jour posted:

Justin J Case and Sean Weiner have always been good guests but Andrew’s wife was absolutely the best single-appearance guest

I don't really think of Case as a guest. He's like the Fifth Beatle, WHM's roving disaster movie expert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jerk McJerkface posted:

If you listen to the back catalogue he's in it quite a bit.

With some lines that still echo in my head to this day.

"And on the way up here, I had to eat at Arby's!"