Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I've gotten into listening to this podcast because of this thread, so thanks!

I've checked out around 15 so far and my favorites were the Planet of The Apes where it was non stop Wahlberg impressions, Day After Tomorrow, which had already been talked about, and the most recent one which made me want to watch (and subsequently despise) Sabotage. NEEECK!!

I'd like to return the favor by recommending another podcast: Yeah, It's That Bad. It's a very fast paced (due to the editing) well formatted, really funny show with 3(occasionally 2) close friends who have great chemistry and infectious laughter.

Apparently some rear end in a top hat decided to dox them sometime last year so the show is over, but luckily every episode has been archived and should be available. The show has a bunch of inside jokes and only gets funnier the more you listen however I just jumped in the middle and started with movies I wanted to hear about and wasn't disappointed. Any eps after about 30 you should be good. Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

Wait, that's why they suddenly closed up shop out of nowhere? What's the story behind that?

I have no idea how I got to the page I did whenever it was I was trying to figure this out but it looked pretty plausible. Apparently some piece of poo poo with his garbage podcast had some sort of axe to grind and did some internet detecting and sent them an email saying he was gonna dox em. Rather than dealing with that bullshit they just deleted their feed and site.That's all I remember. Thank gently caress someone archived the shows otherwise I would have never heard it.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

cheerfullydrab posted:

Anybody else happy with not knowing what the WHM dudes look like and wanting to just think of them as floating disembodied voices?

I've listened to many a podcast and a radio show and the only dudes I'm glad I've seen have been the UYD fellas.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I can't tell their voices apart but one of them keeps moving away from the mic and loving up the sound levels. someone compress that poo poo or do something.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

How about a return to Outworld with Mortal Kombat: Annihilation?

Or perhaps a dip into the wonders of a later era Resident Evil sequel?

Bolek
May 1, 2003

So did Kanye do a gig in that place before the guys went on and forget to take his auto tune machine with him what the gently caress

Bolek
May 1, 2003

It's not by any stretch unlistenable but its bizarre to me that people cant hear it. It's not the device BTW. That makes no sense.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Like i said, it's fine, not a huge deal, but it ain't the player I checked on the ipod and from my computer on their site. Encoding doesn't even make sense because, like previously said, it's just one of the guys. Just one input track. Not the whole file. It's there.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I cant tell if his voice is just naturally weirdly low or if he needs to choke up on the mic but Szyszka always seems way lower in the mix than everyone else and is hard to hear sometimes if I don't have the volume pretty high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

well why not posted:

He's got a pretty quiet voice which also happens to be rather deep - it doesn't pick up as well in the mics.

If that's the case all that needs to be done is for the gain to be turned up. Mics are pretty sensitive you can whisper into one if you want donchaknow