Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lady Naga posted:

It was all the rage back in 2003.

I was involved in the "stairs question" back in 2006ish. We had a goon meet, and I was the first one there, the next goon to show up looked at me and said "stairs?" I was like, "yeah."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TetsuoTW posted:

Someone do me a solid and call in Big Money Rustlas. Not even kidding.

Double feature with Big Money Hustlas :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I really liked Mystery Men, their episode was still funny. I don't agree with their analysis, but I didn't feel the need to pick up my tweets about how I don't agree with their take on it.

I haven't listened to that one yet, so I'm downloading it now. I also liked Mystery Men

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had to listen to the IRL raccoon encounter twice because I was laughing my rear end off

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoombatINC posted:

I was totally convinced that I had seen a movie where Jim Belushi drove a motorcycle into a school and then killed a bunch of hooligans.

I know for a fact I have seen this movie 13 years ago when I was living in a hotel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

If any of you haven't listened to ep. 216 (Cyber Seduction) recently, I really recommend it. It's another Lifetime movie. Enough said.

This was the second episode I listened to back in December (after The Devils Advocate). I found it hard to drive at times.

Also, back in the olden days of GBS, we had a big old group watch when this movie premiered, and there's a "City Name Sports Team" shirt in there :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

I remember watching a Ron White standup special once, and the crowd got super uncomfortable when he started talking about how much he loves smoking weed and he had a reasonably inoffensive bit about hot transsexuals. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with those yahoos.

hey kewl!

I think Ron White was the only one of that group that I could stand back then. Of course "they call me 'tater salad" got pretty old because everyone in Kansas would repeat it over and over and over again (usually followed by "get 'er done less than 5 minutes later)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Marin Karin posted:

Looking forward to Paul W. Reddit guesting on future episodes.

Same

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

I just watched it a month or two ago, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation. I mean, it's not directed very well and has some other issues, but as a TOS episode, it'd be perfect average.

It was also the first Star Trek movie I saw in theaters, so it's special to me :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Corek posted:

He actually does take over the Enterprise in the episode of the original show where he first appears.

This is true. I remember being really excited when I saw that episode for the first time, but in the end, I felt disappointed :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Real Ghostbusters Animation Damnation up today, although I suspect it was an episode of the horrid Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Nah it was an episode of the proper show. One written by J. Michael Straczynki, no less.

Ouch!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thanks to you and the WHM crew for being so cool about engaging with the audience, Eric! :)

:doh: I didn't even notice that, but I was about to say that I also liked Scary Summer Camp Stories 3.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

END ME SCOOB posted:

Maybe not even that good, I found the old graphic from that era and it was never announced more in-depth than "Female Lead Spider-man Spin-off".

You know, out of the movie where we cut Mary-Jane entirely and murdered the only woman under 50.

This chart is hilarious years out.

I do have to wonder what that chart looks like now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IT's worse :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BigRed0427 posted:

I'll be honest. WHen it comes to the glut of Super Hero films, only the Disney/Marvel ones have any interest for me. Their the only ones that have been consistently good.

Also, I keep hearing how the idea of the "Cinematic Universe" Is dead because it's peak has come and gone. The only movie universe that ever worked were the Avenger Movies. Every other attempt at it has been a huge failure because no one else is willing to put in the work Marvel Studios has done in building it up.

I don't think it's dead, it's just that Marvel was the only one that lucked into pulling it off.

Marvel started with characters most people knew the name of, but little else. The origin stories are fairly fresh to people who aren't comic book people, most people know how Batman, and Superman came about, and we really don't need them rehashed every 15 years. They also had a semi-self awareness that allowed them to have fun without being a comedy.

On top of that, all of them that I've seen have been fairly self contained. You can drop in and out of them without missing much more than some minor offhanded references. They're essentially perfect for how I always see them, killing time on a Saturday.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The MCU varies from decent blockbusters(Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man) to insulting trash(Winter Soldier, Thor 2)

Yeah, the only one on my list of "must see" is definitely GotG2, but I may see Dr. Strange if I have a boring Saturday to fill.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I saw that movie. I had thought it was some kind of fever dream from the distant past, but then my memory was jogged when the Sparklemotion scene was mentioned. I will never forget the velcroed dong being removed from the mannequin :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BigglesSWE posted:

The episode on the Moon landing hoax is really, really good. I wish the rest of them had that same structure.

It's strange. Eric is my favourite on WHM but his "own" show is kinda meh to me.

I like it because it's like a couple of stoners talking about x-files poo poo. But yeah campfire episodes are the best :3:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

I'm already sick of Trump impressions and the dude hasn't even been inaugurated yet, the people who said that his presidency would be good for comedy were so, so wrong.

Looks like you have an appropriate av/post combo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

precision posted:

Oh man, now I'm tempted to watch this alleged entire season of Tim Allen dealing with his son being g-g-g-goth!!!!

I just remember it being a lot of wholesome versions of teens gonna teen, like the mom being all sad because he wanted to go do things with out her

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vermain posted:

It's not like, say, the modern Wicker Man, where the only reason I'm ever going to watch it (or, really, even remember that it exists) is because Nicolas Cage is in it being Nicolas Cage.

Yeah, the only real reason I remember it was because it was the movie playing in the theater that you could get booze delivered to your seat, and my friends were in town (it was a newish concept at the time ok!). By the end one of my friends was making a ton of jokes about how they had actually sacrificed Nic Cage at the end.

Speaking of which, have they watched the modern WIcker Man yet?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm surprised this episode wasn't another "We Hate Movies After Dark". I haven't been this grossed out by an episode since Eight Crazy Nights.

I haven't listened to Eight Crazy Nights, but I haven't laughed so hard at work in a while.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ads have never bothered me, I know that doing things costs money, so I expect that generating money to support said things would be a given.

Also:

BlameSpacePod posted:

P.S.
RIP Blame It On Outer Space 2012-2016.

:smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I thought Kenny G was known for smooth and relaxing white people jazz

Yeah, he's a modern day pied piper

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A Meat posted:

I don't have to pay for movie theater popcorn

Invest in some Flavacol and coconut oil, and you can make it at home!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detective No. 27 posted:

Can confirm. I'm one of the five TJ Hooker listeners, and I love it.

I just subscribed, should I be watching along?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
All I know is I tried to watch this movie once and quit at Fatcore. It's nice to know that seems to be the threshold of madness

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

Stand-up comedian Neil Hamburger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNHkmFDBfI

:stonk:

I had no idea that Niel Hamburger was a thing outside of Entertainment. It's on Netflix if you want to have a... Time

EDIT:
For the record, Entertainment is a movie that I like, but it's definitely an experience, and I recommend going in blind if you haven't seen it.

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 17, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GrandpaPants posted:

The hell with Star Trek, the guys should do a Pokémon episode by episode podcast. Although half the charm is their complete ignorance of the subject, so...

There's already a Pokémon Animation Damnation

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

I dunno about that since it's kind of apples and oranges, but it's really dumb and bad even by the standards of super stupid post-Matrix garbage action movies. I think almost all the blu-rays out there were handed out in free mail-in the promotions you got for buying early blu-ray players.

:allears: That reminds me when we bought our DVD player, $300, we got a free copy of Lost in Space, The Stepmother, and I suspect there was something else we never watched like Titanic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

weekly font posted:

It's a Sixth Sense/Stir of Echoes thing. Released around the same time, similar plots, etc.

Similarly Aeon Flux wasn't great.

I enjoyed Stir of Echoes.

There's also the 13th Floor/Matrix thing, and I thought 13th Floor was pretty good even if I haven't seen it in probably 15 years now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nouvelle Vague posted:

Before I listen I thought this and Underworld were the same movie.

considering I've never seen Ultraviolet, Underworld may be bad, but it's at least entertaining

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ecks Vs Sever is actually kind of fascinating in that the video game tie-in came first somehow and was an entirely different thing to the movie, the entire premise was different.

What?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OldTennisCourt posted:

The game came out a year before hand and was based on an early script of the movie where, as I recall, the genders were switched and there were other major story changes.

Then the movie comes out and they put out a second game under almost the exact same name that it based on the finished movie.

I can't think of that ever happening before.

I'm just shocked that there was a game based on it, and now I find out there were two :psyduck:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Midnightghoul posted:

If you are that upset about them having ads I hope you don't listen to them because you deserve the least amount of enjoyment in your life as possible

:yossame:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

It's gotta be a We Love Movies scenario simply for how crazy and mean it is. Bronson's handgun gets it's own introduction where Dirty Harry's .44 magnum is called out for being effeminate.

Wasn't it a .50 cal?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

.475 elephant gun shell cut down to fit in an automatic pistol. Seriously, that's how Bronson's character describes it.

:lol: oh yeah, I knew it was something ridiculous that would break any normal person's wrist when fired

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Vosgian Beast posted:

We're all going to horse hell, but only because all dogs go to heaven

Rather be in Horse Hell than Dog Heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

well why not posted:

AVP is happening and I hope they stretch it out to be A/P month like the x-men month a while back. They could do Predators, AvP2:R and Alien Resurrection.

That would probably finally break them :smith: