Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm listening to the Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector episode, and "dick beer" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Question for you guys. Do you find episodes where you've seen the movie to be more entertaining than those where you haven't?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I just started using Podbean and so far so good.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

JT Smiley posted:

Parents take their kids to movies filled with that kind of poo poo all the time. Half the audience for my screens of Deadpool and Logan were kids under 12.

But there's an enormous difference between lovely parents letting kids see R rated movies, and studios making kids' movies with bull jerking jokes. A pg-13 Power Rangers movie is for kids, Logan and Deadpool aren't.

e: I too wasn't sure if the bull semen joke was actually in the movie or if it was a WHM goof. Turns out it's in the movie. Seriously, what the gently caress?

Spatulater bro! fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 31, 2017

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I think with movies like Power Rangers it's done with the mindset that they're setting up a franchise. Batman Begins seems to be a big influence on this. Movie 1 is all about the origin, so they need to spend 90 minutes on bullshit nobody who comes to see a children's robot movie actually cares about.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Funny episode. I've never seen Overboard but always thought it looked bad. The various Michael Shannon impressions cracked me up.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Thinking about the Overboard episode, what's interesting is how they all basically agree it's a fun movie with great chemistry between the leads. Generally positive opinions. Yet it's the one trait - the super problematic kidnapping plot device - that makes them all agree it's horrible. Have there been other episode where they basically like the movie except for one huge glaring problem?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

"You'd be on the basketball team!" lmao

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I think the reason the WHM ads come across as so jarring is because the show's shtick is to make fun of everything, so to suddenly hear the guys being sincere is offputting.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I bit the bullet and became a patron. What are the essential patron-only episodes?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

thrawn527 posted:

What level patron are you?

This sounds classist as hell, but it potentially changes the answer.

$5.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I loved both the Fargo and Citizen Kane episodes because I enjoy insightful discussions on movies I love as much as I like the comedy aspect, and these guys deliver both.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I listen to WHM in bed at night. Sometimes it's a struggle to keep from laughing and waking my wife up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Marin Karin posted:

yeah, i've fallen asleep listening to the devil's advocate and mortal kombat so many times. if they can see the downloads, they're probably weirded out by me. but new episodes i wanna actually pay attention to.

Oh I'm paying attention even though I'm in bed. I'm totally engaged. If anything it prevents me from falling asleep.