Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

SilentChaz posted:

I am looking forward to their episode on Jingle All the Way 2. Hey kewwwl, it's Christmas!
Why would you spoiler that, they've hyped it on the last three eps or so. They even got me to download the movie and now I need to get drunk enough to actually sit down and watch it before Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
After watching this I'm really curious what kind of episode the guys will get out of it because the movie's so bland and inoffensive there's barely anything to talk about. Like, I think I counted one thing on my bingo card (he lives in a trailer) but there's no farting / drunk reindeer jokes (the closest thing to a gross-out joke is him threatening to fart on someone), Belushi appearances or whatever to be found. I didn't even think Larry was all that annoying in it.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 7, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

They're 40 episodes in? I refuse to believe that whoever thought of this hasn't been murdered yet.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I have no idea how you can still get upset about any ads in podcasts at this time when 99% of all podcasts have them. Even Tom Scharpling started shilling Squarespace when he relaunched The Best Show. It's just a thing you have to skip through.

I guess the exception is stuff like the MaxFun shows, where they mostly do ads for other shows on their network.

I agree that I liked their old audiobook recommendations though, that was a nice way of tying them into the episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

They don't really do eps with all four guys. Andrew's the host / guy who drives the discussion along so he's the only one that's always there.

Eric is the one with the deep voice, Steve is the nerdiest-sounding one. Chris is the one who isn't all that funny but knows a lot of stuff. It took me a while too but you eventually learn to tell them apart.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm calling in Punisher War Zone just because it's absolutely bugfuck crazy, bombed at the box office, and is a lot of fun. It'd also be nice to have a podcast just straight-up look at the movie, the HDTGM on it is almost more of a behind-the-scenes. :v:
Please do this, I really want to hear their reaction to Punisher casually blowing up the random parkour dudes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I also love when they imagine the movie from a bit character's perspective, like the guy who works in the lobby in Three Men and a Baby.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That took exactly how long I thought it would to get to "would you rather gently caress Freddy or Jason?"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

At the end of the day cracking jokes during the ads just makes them twice as long but I find it really hard to have feelings about something that can be skipped this easily. And as has ben said, at least they put them all at the start of the show.

poo poo, even Tom Scharpling had to start talking about draftkings and vegas vacations and whatever else when he took his show off the radio. It's just the way it is now, although maybe in five years or so every podcast network will have gone the Howl way of "no ads for premium users, no archives for normal users".

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Morter posted:

Frustratingly, I can't find whoever the hell says "Theener"

Looking for a video clip of it. Can anyone help?
It was really hard but I finally found a clip of it after some intense research
https://www.google.ch/#q=thinner&tbm=vid

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Morter posted:

Are you saying it's in the trailer? I didn't check the trailers--I was specifically looking for a scene.

Like when they mentioned one interesting scene in the blind samurai movie I was able to look it up.

sorry i realize sitting through a whole trailer is super inconvenient for someone who doesn't watch movies but try this
https://www.google.ch/#tbm=vid&q=thinner+curse

the top result is only 46 seconds long, hope this helps

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 27, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Really looking forward to Bond Week. I only remember weird snippets of the older movies from when I was a kid and the only other podcast I've heard them discussed on is James Bonding, which doesn't really make fun of them.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I like how after Jaws IV and Deep Blue Sea they've landed on this rear end in a top hat shark character that now shows up whenever a shark is in a movie for five seconds. :)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

kalensc posted:

And drat Wiki got me even more hyped for a future King Ralph episode:
I've seen it but I have the vaguest possible memories of that movie.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Guess I'm gonna watch a Bill & Ted movie for the first time in 15 years!

I can't even remember whether I liked them or not, all I know is that the German dub I watched on TV as a kid had really weird translations of their catchphrases.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I have that in a pile of DVDs left behind by former roommates, is it hilariously bad or just bad?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Nah, but the reviews he writes for Slant are pretty good.
http://www.slantmagazine.com/author/184

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

Guess I'm gonna watch a Bill & Ted movie for the first time in 15 years!
gently caress, turns out I don't like Bill & Ted anymore. :smith: I think I'm getting old.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Tom Scharpling has made me love Clifford over the years but yeah, I really want them to do an episode on it. That performance is a work of art though and Charles Grodin is the perfect choice for reacting to it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I think these guys have trained me a little too well because I had a lot of the same thoughts as them while watching this:

- Why do these robots designed for one assassination mission get chubbies / have a sex drive?
- Where do the princesses live?
- None of the things Pam Grier says at the start make any sense ... oh it was Rufus in disguise, okay
- If there are aliens in Christian Heaven why don't we see more of them?
- Why does Death get 90% of the jokes in the second half?
- Who would cheer for lovely hair metal in 1991, Primus got robbed

and so on

Also the guy who played Death can't fake playing bass for poo poo.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 8, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yes. Keanu Reeves calls the devil a fag in this movie.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Frank Welker is the wind in the willows, the buzzing of the bees, the sound of distant thunder rumbling. It's Frank Welker's world and we're just living in it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I had to check IMDB because I was like "there's no loving way he only voiced Nibbler on that show" and sure enough he has about 50 different credits for Futurama alone.

quote:

- Murder on the Planet Express (2013) ... Blorgulax (voice)
- Game of Tones (2013) ... Nibbler / Seymour (voice)
- Fry and Leela's Big Fling (2013) ... Nibbler / Monkeys (voice)
- 2-D Blacktop (2013) ... Nibbler / Monkeys (voice)
- 31st Century Fox (2012) ... Animals (voice)
- The Thief of Baghead (2012) ... Mushroom Ego (voice)
- Overclockwise (2011) ... Nibbler (voice)
- That Darn Katz! (2010) ... Nibbler / Professor Fisherprice Shpeekenshpell / Cats / ... (voice)
- Rebirth (2010) ... Nibbler / Cyclophage (voice)
- Obsoletely Fabulous (2003) ... Nibbler / Ducks / Additional Voices (voice)
- Three Hundred Big Boys (2003) ... Caddy / El Chupanibre (voice)
- The Sting (2003) ... Nibbler / Bees (voice)
- The Why of Fry (2003) ... Nibbler (voice)
- Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch (2003) ... Nibbler / Spirit / Poisonous Froad (voice)
- A Taste of Freedom (2002) ... Nibbler / Additional Voices (voice)
- Jurassic Bark (2002) ... Seymour / Cow (voice)
- Crimes of the Hot (2002) ... Nibbler (voice)
- 30% Iron Chef (2002) ... Ricardo (voice)
- Future Stock (2002) ... Joe / Ape #2 (voice)
- Love and Rocket (2002) ... Lovey Bears / Lion / Howler Mummies / ... (voice)
- Anthology of Interest II (2002) ... Nibbler / Toaster-Raccoon (voice)
- A Tale of Two Santas (2001) ... Nibbler / Walter Cronkite's Head / Robo-Dogs / ... (voice)
- I Dated a Robot (2001) ... Tyranosaurus Rex / Pigs (voice)
- The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz (2001) ... Penguins (voice)
- That's Lobstertainment! (2001) ... Jack Nicholson Gorilla (voice, uncredited)
- The Day the Earth Stood Stupid (2001) ... Nibbler / Dogs / Sheep / ... (voice)
- Amazon Women in the Mood (2001) ... Nibbler (voice)
- The Honking (2000) ... Additional Voices (voice)
- Anthology of Interest I (2000) ... Nibbler / Giant Anteaters (voice)
- Bender Gets Made (2000) ... Nibbler (voice)
- The Deep South (2000) ... Nibbler (uncredited)
- A Bicyclops Built for Two (2000) ... Nibbler / Internet Ads / Lizards (voice)
- Raging Bender (2000) ... The Toaster (voice, uncredited)
- Xmas Story (1999) ... Nibbler / Parrot (voice, uncredited)
- I Second That Emotion (1999) ... Nibbler / El Chupanibre / Jaguar (voice)
- When Aliens Attack (1999) ... Nibbler (voice, uncredited)
- Mars University (1999) ... Guenter's Parents / Guenter (when hatless) (voice, uncredited)
- Hell Is Other Robots (1999) ... Nibbler (voice, uncredited)
- A Fishful of Dollars (1999) ... Nibbler / Animals (uncredited)
- Love's Labours Lost in Space (1999) ... Nibbler / Animals (uncredited)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

They're completely legit and give the artists way more of the download revenue than iITunes.

CD Baby FAQ posted:

We keep only 9% and pay you a whopping 91%* per download sold on our https://www.cdbaby.com store

For physical media they keep four bucks per unit sold, it's why they're popular with small bands who aren't ever gonna see poo poo from streaming or iTunes downloads.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 15, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Between Yoda, Lucas and Bob Dylan out of nowhere this episode is like lovely Impression Heaven for me.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Elan Sleazebaggano

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

He's a great addition to anybody's collection and is fun to play with

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

It's great because it sounds like a dumb name Steve would make up for a background character. But nope, Lucas got there first and he has the action figure to prove it.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 15, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Marin Karin posted:

I love the terrible names Lucas comes up with. Here's more examples:
As a guy who isn't all that familiar with Lucas' process or anything outside the movies (I think I've seen all six exactly once) this stuff always knocks me speechless.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Once again, if you want the guys to actually get your money for this buy it on CD Baby.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

MisterFister posted:

Also this week's episode was great, mainly cause the Jesse Ventura impressions always crack me up.
James Adomian kind of ruined that for me because now whenever I hear someone doing Jesse Ventura I hear someone doing an impression of Adomian doing Jesse Ventura.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

So which one of you asked the stairs question? Woof
goons gonna be goons

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I'll be super bummed out if they don't do Pixels, it sounds like Sandler listened to all the Bad Movie Podcast episodes on the Grown Ups movies and went "oh you sarcastic nerds haven't seen NOTHING yet!"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Here's the movie they were plugging at the start. Steve and Andrew are pretty good in it.
https://vimeo.com/150637727

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I hate small dogs so I can't believe I'm gonna watch a movie about one of them fighting Johnny Mundo but here we go

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

oops wrong thread

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 7, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

that monkey is a total mary sue

it's taking everything in my power to not write them a big spergy wrestling fan email right now

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

They were correct about TNA
Yes but Morrison / Johnny Mundo wasn't in WCW or TNA and is currently super rad and is also on a way better non-WWE show than TNA and furtherm- *stuffs himself into a garbage disposal*

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

The feed starts at 101, The Pallbearer.
I use feedly for podcasts and there it starts at 88 (Eight Crazy Nights).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Lady fans really stepping their game up these last two mailbags.