Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
We Love Movies month is awesome, but I was so disappointed during the Back to the Future episode that when the WHM theme popped up in the middle of the episode, it was just an ad, not some time travel gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Episode 4 of MELR0210: Steve knows Dr. Ruth is alive because he happened to look it up earlier that day.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I really hope they keep up MELR0210 until they get to Dan Cortese’s run as Jake’s completely repugnant brother at the end of season 3 of Melrose Place. Also hope they get to Jamie Walters as Ray on 90210 because that guy is the worst actor of all time.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The MelR0210 hiatus means we won’t be getting Linden “Johnny Cage” Ashby as Jo’s abusive ex-husband for a long time.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

dorium posted:

So how about billy campbell...

Steve’s Billy might be my favorite impression of theirs. It’s just so mean.

There is an episode towards the end of the first season when Billy is showing Kimberly around the apartment and she towers over him. Then Michael and Jane show up, and she towers over them too. Jake and Brandon are also famously short. Why did Aaron Spelling hire so many tiny actors?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Thanks to their Pluto TV rec, I’ve caught some insane movies I want to call in for Listener Request Month.

-Lord of Illusion: Clive Barker, Scott Bacula, Mr. Kruger in really gross makeup. Edit: And Kevin J. O’Connor!

-The Class of 1984: Baby fat Michael J. Fox. Sort of a The Principal but way scummier.

-The Night of a Thousand Cats: Weird rear end 70s sexual horror (?) movie with literally a thousand cats. The main character (who spends about 1/3 of the movie just hovering over back yards in a helicopter) hucks what is clearly a real live cat over a 15 foot fence at one point. Definite Side Order of Sleaze material.

mweber fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 30, 2020

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I’m surprised they haven’t talked about Malachi Throne’s real filmography more. He’s all over this show: Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Batman Beyond, The New Batman Adventures, the Adam West Batman, something called Fraiser, the Sensuous Lion, and, of course, his role as narrator in Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
John Amos IS great.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Much like Giancarlo Esposito before him, John Leguizamo was great on Miami Vice.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Tony Plana is great in the season 1 episode of Miami Vice “Give a Little, Take a Little”, which also features Terry O’Quinn, a babyfaced Michael Madsen, and Burt Young really taking an accent for a walk.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
How has it taken them this long to get to Double Team? There is A LOT going on in this movie. At least three laugh-out-loud moments.

Edit: Make that four. Holy poo poo the ending. It’s almost like an action movie parody, but was somehow made before the movies it’s parodying.

mweber fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 27, 2021

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

That movie is an absolute treat. The middle-ish section on the island approaches an actual decent movie that I would have liked to see expanded on, but everything else is loving silly. So. Many. Basketball puns. A basketball parachute? What?

I love that dumbass movie.

There are so many plots in this movie that could be explored. JCVD’s 11-months pregnant wife getting sucked into the high stakes high art/terrorism world would be a great thriller.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
A movie that explores the relationship between the scumbag motel desk clerk and the drunk in the lobby would probably do well at the Oscars.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Me any time I see The Prophecy in the channel guide:

“Oh, hey, The Prophecy!

Oh, right, The Prophecy…”

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The season 2 episode of 90210 “Cardio-Funk” has a young, baby-fat, completely unrecognizable Titus Welliver playing a really, really drunk guy. I hope they skip some eps, because I can’t wait for them to cover this one.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I think Enter the Ninja dropped off Amazon Prime the same day they released the commentary. But it just showed up on Hoopla if you’ve got a library card.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Holy poo poo, I was getting to mock Steve over apparently misremembering a joke from Arrested Development about Ron Howard's daughters' middle names being where they were conceived as being real but apparently it IS real? :stare:

I bet Ron Howard is into some weeeird glass coffee table kinda stuff.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
It’s definitely nostalgia, but I legit enjoy 90210. The only thing that bums me out is we won’t get to hear their take on Ray Pruitt for a long time. Ray is portrayed by Jamie Walters, who was some kind of teen heart throb musician, but is, without a doubt, the WORST actor to ever appear in either 90210 or Melrose. Worst by FAR. And he is in at least a whole season.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
For some reason I skipped The Mummy 2 episode. Listening now, and the Abraham Zapruder: Birdwatcher bit is the dumbest/funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Boner pills and counseling services are 2021’s version of Stamps.com.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

This guy had to be a heavy inspiration for the producer character in Brand New Cherry Flavor.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Does anyone remember what episode it was where they decided every movie should end with a character looking at the camera with cat eyes? I was watching the Mickey Rourke classic Angel Heart not too long ago, and that actually happens. And boy was it a stupid way to end a perfectly serviceable devil movie.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Billy Gnosis posted:

The Sex mom bit is one of the best bits they have ever done.

Steve's Billy character has so many more nuances than the actual Billy character. His annoyed/pissed off "WHAT?!" when Allison was getting on the plane was amazing.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

dorium posted:

They did mention that American Werewolf in Paris is part of the month. Been a long time since I've seen that piece of poo poo.

How did Tom Everett Scott never get a Law & Order spinoff?

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Calaveron posted:

Eric is really starting to lay on the suicide/self harm jokes a little bit too thick

Do not worry about Eric Szyszka.

mweber fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 9, 2021

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“They make me feel like I’m in an 80s action film, which is both cool and mature.”

Some of these ad reads must be killing them.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“Disgusting poo poo boy” is such a great phrase.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Contra Andrew—that is not the last we’ve seen of Keith. Not by a long shot.

Edit: listen to the whole show before commenting, dummy

mweber fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 23, 2021

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Casablanca is legit movie magic.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Poor lovely Larry.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

surf rock posted:

This was like a two-minute aside so I'm guessing not, but does anyone remember what episode they discussed the 2002 documentary Cinemania? I noted it down at the time because I was interested, and I finally got around to watching it today, but now I can't remember when they talked about it or what they thought.

I don’t remember what episode, but I remember Andrew loved it and Steve was excited to watch it. I don’t think Cabin had seen it, but knew some of the people who were featured in it.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

surf rock posted:

Oh poo poo, you guys found that so fast. It was at 43:15 in The Mummy episode. Thanks!

Decided to re-listen. Hoping 2022 gives us Weisz-ing the Juice Month.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Their Keanu sounds exactly like their Brandon Walsh/Dylan McCay.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
This week’s Boba Fett has some moments that will have our boys hooting.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

explosivo posted:

so who fucks who?

If you really want to know there’s some weird Walsh twins Hutt thing going on.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Steve on Lola Bunny: I now have to stand up for A-cup rabbits because you, Looney Tunes, are making me think about cup size.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the Mando and Fett shows, but have no desire to ever revisit the movies outside of the OT. If you didn't like Mando, you'll probably not like Fett

I do have similar complaints about Fett. I find the Tuskin portion a lot more compelling, and wish the show was just him living among them.

The Sand People stuff is the only good part of the show. Except for the mayor’s majordomo, all of the present day stuff is terrible, and Boba is Jon Snow-level dumb. Really, you’re going to accept a rancor and Danny Trejo as a gift from the Hutts?

But the Neutrinos from TMNT are in the show now, so maybe that’s up someone’s alley.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

clown shoes posted:

Everything in your spoiler tag are reasons I don't want to watch it. The universe is endless and we're rehashing the same poo poo over and over and over again.

But this one has a bow in her hair!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Do NOT worry about Louie Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I really appreciated Andrew’s stretch of ads.

“Yeah, yeah, what’s next? Oh? Keeps!”