Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just discovered this thread, I always assumed nobody here listened to WHM because I could never find a thread in the podcast subforum :smith:

Anyway, the new Doolittle episode is fantastic so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I recently upgraded to the $8 tier on their Patreon and have been going back and listening to the old Gleep Glossary episodes and man, these are all so good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I renounce my weesh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is Melr0210 worth listening to if I've never seen a single episode of either show? I haven't seen most of the movies they talk about so I guess it's probably no different than that...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I need to get on those. I haven't listened to a commentary because I'm lazy and don't want to sync it up with the movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat that PS I Love You episode is hilarious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Goodfellas episode had it's lulls but definitely some funny bits in there. I was laughing hard at the description of the guy thinking he's in another movie until he gets the poo poo beat out of him.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My favorite part about this horsehead motherfucker and really all the gleep glops in the gleep glossary is that he can't just be a dude who looks like a horse and flies an x-wing, he has to have a rich backstory involving multiple personalities and blah blah. I guess that's the whole point of the EU but it still makes me laugh that someone somewhere wrote a whole goddamn story for everything in the star wars universe.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aw dangit it's on the Walsh tier. I should just upgrade already :sigh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1375212549046681606
Lol, maybe I should catch these live if I can.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I remember seeing Eric send the tweet and the subsequent tweet about locking his mentions because people were being lovely but I had no idea how bad it was until I listened to the Snyder Sessions. It wasn't even a good or particularly scathing joke he made about it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The new nexus is hilarious. As much as I like hearing about TOS eps I wish they'd just do these longer TNG episodes instead.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God drat their JCVD impressions make me laugh every time

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If I buy their live thing tonight I can watch it later as long as it's within a week right? And the video is included?I don't think I'll be able to catch it live but want to check it out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've only ever seen these dudes in pictures and seeing them doing a podcast on video is the weirdest loving thing lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have no idea why but I somehow managed to convince myself this was a live commentary thing with video when I bought it. It's funny but I'm not sure if I'd pay $10 to watch them livestream a podcast episode in the future, especially if it's a movie I've never seen before lol. Still though, it's my stupid fault and I'm happy to support them anyway so :shrug:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thought this episode was great, Eric cracking as he said "Moon Over My Hammie" made me laaaaugh. They explicitly say that the way women are treated in the movie and that time period is abhorrent. I'd rather them gloss over it than start talking about Bond raping women but that's just me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GPTribefan posted:

I remain ever jealous of Steve’s ability to do that “talking under water” voice. It’s a beautiful mix of Chewbacca and Mer-Man from Masters of the Universe and it cracks me up every time

yeah the Lambert "ehhheheheheh" underwater made me laugh so hard.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never understood the "God damoot" thing with their Brimley impressions but I will agree that it's one of their better impressions.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The CGI in MK was bad but nowhere near as bad as Puppet Goro. I guess puppet Goro had the fact that it was a practical effect going for it but it looked laughably bad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Invalid Validation posted:

Where is hooked on TJ hooker supposed to be at it never shows up in my Patreon feed?

I've never actually listened to Hooked on TJ Hooker but last I checked it's a completely separate podcast listing from the normal WHM stuff so you have to search for it in your podcast app to find it most likely.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

GPTribefan posted:

Ugh. I used to listen to Talking Simpsons every week, but Henry Gilbert became insufferable at a certain point and I had to stop it.

I just fell off because they started getting into the bad seasons and pivoted to re-doing the early episodes again, and I think I'm good on that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That's a stellar lineup. Hell yeah.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1389618127265280009

The art is adorable :3:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My roommate all through college was that Stargate guy. In his defense he didn't annoy me much with it but I tried sitting down to watch a couple episodes with him and just... couldn't.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/Dbrasco37/status/1392881863665111042
Lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I didn't find the episode nearly as bad as you all did apparently but I like the Simpsons and used to listen to Talking Simpsons so I guess that has something to do with it? The guys did appear to enjoy the movie and some of the jokes more than I expected, especially after starting out the episode when they all seemed to sorta trash it. I do wonder if Bob & Henry had to match the guys' enthusiasm about it because I kinda figured they would all trash the movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cabin is pissing Eric off so much during this new gleep glossary lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I loved History of Violence and that movie is forever tied to memories of me working at Hollywood Video. It has been a very long time since I've seen it though, I should probably give it a re-watch before their episode.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1402303029534134278
Lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eric kicked a hornet's nest on twitter for this tweet
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1405737230354817026
and now has people reporting him for harassment lol. Must be exhausting making a living doing things on the internet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AceOfFlames posted:

I confess I don’t understand people who complain something is “sexless”. Reminds me of a friend I had who claimed he hated all sci-fi except Lexx because it was the only sci-fi show that wasn’t “sexless”. Like, why is that so important to you?

I agree in most cases, it's a weird argument that normally doesn't need to be made, but Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a playboy* and I guess having a dour super serious bruce wayne makes him a less interesting character when seemingly everything in modern superhero movies has to be dour and gray and overly serious. We knew Bale's Bruce Wayne was DTF and it made the character more fun because he shows up to the party drunk with a couple babes or whatever. At least that's how I interpreted it. Either way it's nothing to take personally yet people seem to anyway.

*I don't read comics and am far from a batman historian but this is the Bruce Wayne character as I understand him to be :shobon:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't follow this Gabrus guy or anything but he's got real Artie Lange vibes and I'm here for it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This episode is amazing top to bottom. Gabrus is hilarious and the guys are in top form.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1408066830359433225
Anyone know what this is about?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I also found their ad choice weird but not much different from basically any other podcast I listen to with ads. I laugh when I skip them because the skip forward button on my car syncs perfectly with each verse of "Spanish Flea" so every time I press the skip forward button it's exactly the start of the next verse of the song.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like Cabin's new Salacious B. Crumb snicker he does sometimes. Dude's got an infectious laugh.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah Triclops!!!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao @ Iron Man filming 2 Girls 1 Cup in his full suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dorium posted:

Like 15-20 minutes of just the boys talking about sex scenes in marvel movies. We get it boys.

yeah lol it was a bit much this time.