Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Who the gently caress is Seifer Diaz? They aren't talking about Sidious, are they? I can't remember a goddamn thing about that.

Jedi Master Sifo-dyas http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sifo-Dyas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Ah, someone interesting who didn't get a part because they needed another awful Anakin/Padme scene.

That and he died ten years beforehand. But yeah, it's just one of those weird things they should have just written differently instead of mentioning a key plot point in passing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

OurIntrepidHero posted:

For some reason the new commentary is showing up as costing $9.99 on iTunes. You can keep it.

It's only 3 bucks on CDBaby!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Slantedfloors posted:

If anyone is on the fence, the Sithmentary is pretty fantastic. It completely changed my mind on the movie, vis a vis it being terrible.

They get so loving mad whenever Obi-Wan's stupid lizard bird thing shows up.

That lizard thing sorta sums up my issues with the PT.

The idea of Obi-wan using some sort of animal to get around is fine. It contrasts with the droids using mechanical things to get around, and it CAN look cool. But that fuckin lizard. It's way to big to be practically used as a ride. The noises it makes are so loving obnoxious, if I were Obi-wan I'd have killed that thing the second I got on it.

That's the PT for me in a nutshell: Not bad ideas just executed in the worst way imaginable.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BlameSpacePod posted:

You sound like a real cool guy.

Don't worry about him. He's literally insane.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Re; making GBS threads yourself as an adult: still haven't, still happy

Whenever I fart, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance I might poo poo myself.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I just sent one in too. I had it in my drafts folder for a few weeks. Finally finished it up. :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What did you get at Babbage's?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I called in to request Staying Alive. I was surprised they didn't cover it already.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Oh god the "MOM COME JERK ME OFF" running joke in the newest episode nearly made me pull over.

I had to drive to work in lovely snow today and I almost went off the road during that line.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anti-trust is great. It was made when Microsoft was viewed as a totally lovely company and it stars Tim Robbins as a cartoonishly evil not-Bill Gates.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I actually did almost have a car accident during the Chekov's cock bit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That podcast is so terrible. I have no idea why it's popular.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Someone post the GIF

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

I'm shocked at how vaguely defensive I got. I really liked Road Rovers as a kid, and I like Samurai Pizza Cats even more... I just got all the DVDs for free. But I don't understand half the guys references - who's Micheal Landon

It sounds like you're not an American. He is probably one of the most famous American TV actors ever. He was in Bonanza which is one of the biggest shows ever. He was the lead in Little House On The Prairie, which was another hit, and as mentioned Highway to Heaven.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They already have a deep seething hatred for Zack Snyder (off topic but they hate Troma too) so I suspect they went in already hating the film. The film was kind of a mess, but it wasn't terrible and it did have some interesting ideas and at least attempt to do something different.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I was really surprised they hated on the Wonder Woman theme that much. I thought it was pretty bad-rear end (and it wasn't a guitar).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

E: Actually, factoring in all the animation damnation, side orders of sleaze (why don't they get mentioned in the thread?), the total must be 300 episodes

Side Order of Sleaze is great and they need to do another one.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Calaveron posted:

The GameMaster could legitimately make for a pretty decent movie actually

Joysticks is kinda close it to it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm not sure how they plan on making an episode of Kindergarten Cop 2. It's so bad.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Have the people mispronouncing that name ever seen an episode of MASH?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

Trivia: Kylie Minogue is a huge pop star in Australia and Britain (and her song with Nick Cave doesn't suck).

Is it trivia when pretty much everyone knows it?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Cyron posted:

i don't want to disrespect a dead legend but i am sure John Belushi wasn't the best to woman too.

i could be wrong, he could of been a huge femanist since i know poo poo about his personal life.

fwiw I've listened to or read interviews of women who worked with John and they seemed to love him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I also recall reading he would only do DS9 if he was guaranteed to be in the TNG movies, which explains how he gets shoehorned into them. Smart move on his part.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Of course WHM is going to like the new Ghostbusters movie. They're all improv guys so of course they're going to like a movie that's 99.9% improv. Jupin said as much in his mini review. It was the first thing out of his mouth.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

The Cable Guy was a comedy?

I think he was speaking.....asian?!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If that happens, we need a Goon Drive to raise money so we can get an absolutely ridiculously terrible movie picked.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

duz posted:

The live episodes are always drastically shorter unfortunately.

Yup. When you've got a place booked for an hour, you've got one hour.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://www.patreon.com/wehatemovies

Animation Damnation is now behind a paywall as is their new Star Trek bonus show. Sadly no mention of Side Order of Sleaze.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Did I mention I'm also illiterate?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The other stuff was not always free though. You had to buy that podcast app. Still a one time 3 dollar purchase vs. what is essentially an 8 dollar sub is different. Not sure what I'm doing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

With the 8 dollar tier are the commentaries free? Or do we just get first dibs at buying them?

Also how are files like that usually distributed?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 29, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Are you referring to the live TMNT episode? That's always a possibility with live shows.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

How much weed have you bought with the Patreon money?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BlameSpacePod posted:

Yes, a lot of people complained about the functionality so we are abandoning it.

If Patreon does well, I'd hope to cycle Sleaze back in at some point too. Also nobody HAS to contribute. If you don't wanna, don't.

PLEASE please please please please please please bring back Sleaze. You have no idea how happy that would make me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Why did they choose to ignore the rule this week?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I am not complaining. They usually just have a good reason for doing so and I was wondering what prompted it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Side Order of Sleaze is back with Ilsa: She-wolf of the SS

They sure picked a great one to re-start SOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm a little salty it's on the $8 tier though. I know next to nothing about Trek so The Nexus Isn't a selling point for me. Wish there was, say, $5 with AD/SOS.

It's 8 bucks aka one Whopper Extra Value Meal. Just do it.