Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

weekly font posted:

And I normally listen to podcasts while I'm going to sleep so HDTGM's in the middle of the episode are really obnoxious because I ain't getting up to skip them.

I wish I could listen to WHM while I'm going to sleep, but they've got their theme song at the end and it's loud as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JT Smiley posted:

It's not that crazy that some people don't remember Pro Stars. It's a flash in the pan show on the network with the weakest Saturday line up. Honestly, the only NBC cartoons I remember are Pro Stars and Wish Kid and I'm 31.

Anyone who didn't consume just about anything Bo Jackson related just wasn't a true American. Bo knows your sins, JT Smiley.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hockles posted:

Well, Bo was a freak athlete, and who knew at the time that his career would be cut short from injuries.

On the other hand, he was a running back.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this episode was fantastic. Especially when they talked about what should happen to Hammond now.

"He should be in chains!"
"He should be at The Hague!"

"The dinosaurs started the job. And this pillow will finish it."

The dinosaur pillow case was just the most magnificent cherry on the top of that part.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BigRed0427 posted:

I know it might be an obvious target for them, but I really wish they do Man of Steel.

I forget, is that on their list of films they won't do?

Don't know why people keep wanting to request good movies.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Air Force One

How dare you disrespect President Ford forcing Gary Oldman to get off his plane.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Having not seen Stealth I wondered just what pants Jessica Biel was wearing to find the Male Gaze at 10,000 feet. Skimming through the movie on youtube I find that her North Korea pants look tighter than her pants in Blade 3. Amazing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bobkatt013 posted:

Love guru, Master of Disguise, and son of mask triple feature. Maybe add what I am almost positive next weeks movie is going to be Terminator 3

No way is that as bad as Master of Disguise, Love Guru, and Son of the Mask. Not even in the same hemisphere of badness.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think if you're not interested, all you see is weird creatures in the news.

Really the key is if they've got a younger brother/sister or not. They may have been on the line as to whether or not they'd jump into Pokemon, but with a younger sibling you're going to learn all that poo poo through osmosis.

Also they're all nerds, so the line is pretty porous to begin with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm just surprised they didn't just draw donuts over the rice balls. 4Kids was notorious for just redrawing poo poo they didn't like, thought would be controversial, or had a weird and completely irrational issue with. Like I'm pretty sure they turned a whale into and iceberg for no discernible reason in one of their shows.

I would expect something more like this

Gyges fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 27, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think I might request Lifetime's Taken For Ransom.

Woman loses her son, becomes an alcoholic, gets kidnapped, bonds with fellow kidnappee who reminds her of her son, makes an escape where her surrogate son dies and she kills 3 people, finds out that her husband and Tia Carrere orchestrated the kidnapping.

Only it turns out that instead of an affair between Tia Carrere and her husband, it was actually psychiatric therapy to get her to get over her dead son. Nobody actually died and all that super trauma fixed all her problems! Awww, how sweet, and they lived happily ever after.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

e X posted:

That sounds like a fake movie they make up in shows like 30 Rock.

It's a movie that you can tell probably was originally to be released in theaters or direct to DVD by the cast, but then everyone realized it was Lifetime worthy.

Staring:
Teri Polo
Chazz Palminteri
Tia Carrere

Lifetime calls it Taken For Ransom, but IMDB and the movie's website call it Final Recourse. I happened to flip through at the point where Chazz Palminteri is forcing her to watch her own funeral(they fake her death as part of the kidnapping, of course). Then happened to be flipping back through when the twist happens. It's pretty much typical Lifetime until the twist that it was all an attempt to cure her with therapy. Oh, also after she escapes I'm pretty sure they pull a make her look crazy because all the evidence of her captivity has been cleaned up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJIcUNVis4
Yep, the trailer pretty much sums up the movie. Except after they explain what happened she's happy and, I'm almost certain, thanks her husband for doing it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's okay to like a movie.

It's impossible to trust anyone who doesn't like that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How can you get cranky over Matrix Revolutions? Its not a good movie by pretty much any metric.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Just posted to their Facebook:

"Next week on the penultimate episode of the '14-'15 season, the gang takes a certain LEAGUE to task... And also bids bon voyage to a dear friend.
With that, no more deets. Have a great weekend, gang! We'll see you Tuesday!"

I wonder who's leaving. And the movie has to be LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN.

Maybe it's going to be Major League III and they'll segue via Walton Goggins into an on screen about Boyd Crowder and Justified.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I forget, when is the Green Lantern review getting put on Youtube?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is it Martin Cinemax III? I heard he was retiring and his son Martin Cinemax IV was going to take over.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You can also tell a lot about your diet by remembering what you ate. Hopefully it'll involve fewer turds in a bowl, but I'm not here to judge.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mrfreeze posted:

That means Animation Damnation is covering James Bond Jr! God I can't wait.

From time to time my brain will just randomly remind me that James Bond Jr. chases scuuuuuuum, around the world.

I'm so glad that I wasn't going crazy and this was an actual thing that existed and I apparently saw at least once as a kid.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Without Draft Kings ads we'll return to the dark times of Harry's Razors, where most podcasts will just read the script about the mythical vault of razors where 2 employees must simultaneously turn their key in order to open the door so you can buy your $40 pack of 4 blades.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Just find a physical mailbox and send a letter along with a bag of delicious Doritos and some Surge.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Listening to the last two Animation Damnations complaining about adult movies being made into kids shows, I realized there's a cartoon they must be totally unaware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLop82LjV48

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Man at least The Mask had Cameron Diaz in her prime. The sexiest thing in Son of the Mask is that sex is implied to exist at one point.

Does horrible cg Mask sperm racing through a vagina really count as implied?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

JediTalentAgent posted:

Yeah, I seem to remember it as a really bad early USA original animated series, too.

They've done GI Joes and the Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue? They need to combine the two since GI Joe had a storyline where they teamed with Cobra to fight a drug dealer.

Man, those are the worst team ups. Sure I'm part of a global domination paramilitary organization primarily utilizing terrorism as my tool, but I'm not drug dealing scum. Good guy/bad guy team ups can be good, but you've got to utilize a better reason than "Hey I'm a bad guy, I'm not EVIL over here."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LORD OF BUTT posted:

That kinda works for me, honestly. If you think about what the Joker represents, he's pure chaos- and the Nazis are pure order. They're both evil as gently caress, but it makes sense that the Joker would have a huge problem with Nazis regardless.

If it weren't for the patriot angle, yeah. When a generic mobster pulls the Team America card it makes sense. Joker should have a much better reason, like non-ironic Naziism just isn't funny.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That does raise an interesting question, has Keanu Reeves told the devil to, maybe in not so many words, gently caress off in more films than anyone else?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So his normal, everyday, speaking voice is just Fred from Scooby Doo? For some reason that's even weirder than if it sounded crazy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Calaveron posted:

Isn't va work pay like really, really low though?

I assume that he gets insane royalty check stacks every month just on volume alone. Forests probably only exist today because Frank Welker has moved to direct deposit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

centaurtainment posted:

Have you listened to it while watching the movie as well, or just audio-only?

Just finished listening to it while watching. As long as you've seen Episode III and remember it, you're mostly only missing out on which gleep-glop alien they're talking about and the majestic artistry of urns and lighting. Of course there's also things like commenting on hair, clothing, and general scenery, but mostly it's talking about a scene in a way that you should be able to follow.

Also if you really only want to pay minimum price for it, Google Play has it for 99 cents.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does anyone remember what was up with Padme's pendant thing? They did a close up on it on her death procession and made sure to show it several times throughout Episode III.

I've got a sinking feeling that it's some sort of tip off that it's yet another body double and she'll show up in the new Star Wars as a Sith.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

weekly font posted:

Baby Anakin gave it to her his first time in space.

Oh, so it's just a charm reminder not to marry kids you sort of babysat. Remember Stacy, that could be you if you give little Timmy the time of day in a decade.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Other than a couple instances of being lucky, which is every character in the entire series, what did she do that was particularly Mary Suish? For Star Wars protagonists she seems well below the bar set by Luke and his daddy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my friend sent in a story about how me and him ended up going to lucas ranch. i have a medical condition i had that allowed me to use make a wish. we got to go into the lucas vaults, so we saw all the ships and the costumes and the ark and the note books and the original light sabers. it was awsome. ill upload pictures when i find the disk.

So do you have any cool Kristen Bell stories?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hockles posted:

Welp, he just somehow made another $70,000. Way to go man.

e: That list is out of date, as Harrison Ford is now #1 after the new Star Wars

I refuse to believe Frank Welker didn't voice any of the gleep glops in Star Wars.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

cheerfullydrab posted:

The only thing that sucks about getting a letter read is that they probably won't read another of yours again.

Just sign with a different name, or be safe in the assumption that they probably don't keep a list of people whose email they read on the podcast and will likely only remember you if you're sending lots and lots of emails.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I haven't finished the episode, but how can anyone list highlights of Vin Diesel's filmography and leave out Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I would watch that Mark Duplass/January Jones/Stone Cold Steve Austin movie so hard.

For some reason the first time I heard the name I thought they said Mark Dacascos. Totally different movie, that.

Calaveron posted:

Re; making GBS threads yourself as an adult: still haven't, still happy

You're young, you'll get there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
They probably just have a Zoolander spam filter to try and keep it out of recommendation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I have a Lord of the Rings movie story too, where I was dating a girl, and she dumped me after watching LOTR:TT. I found out a few months later she was pregnant at the time (not mine). She ended up giving birth to a deformed baby with a flipper hand. I have it in my drafts folder and i keep hovering over send but I'm not sure.

So did she give Gimli or Legolas the credit for killing your relationship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

poparena posted:

I've been wanting to see the guys go further back into film history, so I requested this 1938 turd.

Wow, I knew Blondie was old but drat.