Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

I'm hoping the next movie is Phantoms, mostly because I just watched it, but it would probably be better served for a Spooktacular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

They did say on FB that they would just do one Bond movie and one Bond animation (???) This month.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

:derp: Weekend At Bernies! Oh man, can't wait to listen to this one

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel this discussion of Robocop takes away from the new quirky beloved character of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Now Ah've called you like 3 times now and ah can't keep paying ta make these calls. Its gettin' real expensive. If you could just give me ah call back I'd greatly appreciate it.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I have two stories I'm going to send in for feb, really hoping the involved parties don't listen! (One story is 17 years ago, God I'm old, so I'm probably safe)

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Andrew is the host/more "normal" sounding guy. Eric is the deeper, more quiet sounding voice, and Steven is the one with the voice that raises up higher and uses a lot of inflection, question mark?

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I get way too much joy out of their occasional, often apropos of nothing, Mystic River "IS THAT MY DAUGHTAH IN THEEEEERE??"
Sometimes it just randomly pops into my head.

Did anyone see the Chicago show? A friend of mine did and sent me a poster, it's pretty dang cool.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I'm usually super sensitive to audio issues (I will avoid most live episodes of most shows), and I found this to be only a bit below their usual quality. I was using lovely $8 ear buds on a desktop.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I was surprised at how short it was!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Crowetron posted:

I think Gallagher has replaced Miffed Dahmer On The Phone as my favorite running gag.

Holy poo poo. I forgot how much I loved that bit. Any idea what ep it was from?

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Another 48 Hours sounds so awful I could barely listen to their recaps without my mind drifting. Thank god for all the tangents or else I would have shut it off halfway through!

I'm really excited about https://www. I have a weird soft spot for that movie. For those of you that have HBOGo it's on there (so is Don't Tell Mom....)

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I love Eric's dryness and weird jokes that he sneaks in under the door just before the subject is changed that causes someone (usually Jupin) to be like wait WHAT?

They all work so well together and mesh perfectly. I could listen to them riff on everything forever.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Sort of related. I've been watching Luke Cage and there's a character that often ends his sentences to Bob* like that, even in a kind of weird voice.

"I'm going to defeat you, Bob."
"I'm stronger than you, Bob."
"Overwrought exposition, Bob."

And it totally made me think of their Gallagher impersonations.

*not real name, I'm being spoiler friendly!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah, I'm going to need some good WHM episodes to get me through the next few... well years probably

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I also love the Marky mark impressions. This episode made me laugh harder than maybe any this year. Any other good Mark impression episodes? I know they exist, I just can't recall which ones. Entourage was one, I know.

I'd so listen to a podcast of these guys just telling stories, like the mail bags. They really do have a way with words. :shobon:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Entourage and Planet of the Apes will keep me company tonight while I'm cooking thanksgiving sides :patriot: The podcasts, not actual movies.

Rip goober bro

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

It says a lot about me that the best thing of this episode was to hear that Andrew loves Bruce Springsteen. Sometimes, I feel alone!

Great episode overall. I would love them to do "Christmas with the Kranks".

Bruce is one of my favorites! I saw him alone earlier this year. Surrounded by soccer moms. It was amazing! :hfive:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

i went on a date with a guy that cried so hard at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Andrew Garfield) that he had to have someone else drive him the couple miles home and he was, at the time, like 25 or 26? thats my spidey story

I honestly can't remember if I saw the 3rd Tobey movie or not, probably?

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

September I think

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Yeah I tried saving a gif and posting it on fb and it thought it was a video and wouldn't post it :mad:

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I loved the "skydiver radio" bit. I nearly lost it at the "cowabunga. And goodnight." Or whatever it was.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I joined!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Really pumped about the Texas Tease.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I listen to most things at 2x, including WHM. NPR style stuff gets 2.5. I kinda "worked up" to that though, gradually increasing speeds so it didn't feel jarring. My bf insists on regular speed and it drives me batty to listen to stuff with him.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I think WHM is hilarious and I don't feel like I'm losing vitally important comedic timing (and I have no problems telling who is speaking) :shrug: I don't do it with tv shows or movies, just podcasts. (Exception: storytelling podcasts like Levar Burton Reads, those are at normal speed) The app I use doesn't make the voices sound weird or artificial or anything like that. It just sounds like normal humans talking quickly.

I find that slow voices become way too easy for me to tune out and stop paying attention to, I'll get caught up doing a thing and realize I haven't heard anything that's been said for the last 2 minutes. Fast talking keeps my attention. I have 5-6 hours a day I spend listening at work, so it's not a lack of time thing!

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

How is that Reading Rainbow reboot coming along? They did that Kickstarter maybe three years ago but I haven't heard anything since.

Not Sure! I backed the kickstarter but haven't followed the stuff they're doing as it's aimed at kids and I don't have any. LBR it's just him reading (adult, as in grownups not X rated) short prose. Loooooove it

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I went to school with a dude whose name was Colby. Would have been born in like 83 or 84.

Whelp that's my Colby story

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I'm trying to watch dollman but I'm sober and it's a Sunday night and I'm alone so it's rough going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I was at both shows, the Chicago one was A+++