Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'll agree they're the best at what they do. They strike the right balance of fans of movies to comedy to carry over jokes. The best episodes to jump into are, obviously, ones about movies you've already seen, but Mrs. Doubtfire, Dracula 2000, Hider in the House and Halloween 3 are all great jumping off points.

*CAT EYES*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The fun thing is that it's not always takedowns. Some of my favorite episodes are ones that become We Love Movies like Hider in the House or Mortal Kombat.

Plus MK has the Shang Tsung's resort island rant and Chris Cabin getting murdered by Scorpion. In fact I always love when they hypothetically murder the cast member who is absent.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There's a segment in the episode about how terrible Paul Walker is in She's All That. But they decide that thanks to Fast and The Furious money we should not worry about Paul Walker. And a running line every time his character comes up is "Do NOT worry about Paul Walker."

We should have worried. :(

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

cheerfullydrab posted:

Wait I've listened to almost every episode of their show and am a huge fan, but I just found out something to be pedantic and annoyed at. In the I Still Know What You Did Last Summer episode, they acted like they barely knew who John Hawkes was and made fun of him, but in the most recent episode they referenced him like he was someone they knew about and respected. So which is it?? Personally, I think John Hawkes is great. I'm also glad I found something to complain about with WHM.

That's not how I remember hearing it. Hawkes is just in the movie for like 10 seconds before he was anybody and I think that's what they're referring to.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cacator posted:

For a different take on the lovely movie podcast, check out " Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast" run by a couple of New Zealanders who decide to watch Grown Ups 2 every week for a year which is my idea of hell. I'm only a few episodes in but it doesn't take them long to start to lose it.

Oh my god that's incredible.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

Was that the one in which he remade classic tv starring himself?

Day After Tomorrow, yeah but I think Cat's Eye is the best Louie Anderson stuff.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

HEY MA TOMMY LEE JONESH ISH GONNA PLAY TWO-FACSH!

I don't care fatty!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Random Stranger posted:

I thought it was only an okay podcast until they started mainly doing the paid requests and then the quality went way down and it became unlistenable. But I also think you'd have to be a real rear end in a top hat to try to shut someone down.

The weird editing of YiTB turned me off. It's super noticeable and unnatural. Still not the worst bad movie podcast I've heard (that's The Filmsack). I do feel terrible that some shitlord shut them down for no reason.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Random Stranger posted:

I just thought they weren't funny and their "running gags" were painful. But it's not as bad as Proudly Resents which I found to be just plain awful.

I've never listened to it but I guess I have to now. Shame it's garbage since that's a waste of a good name.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sleeveless posted:

The Spawn episode of We Hate Movies has the most cringeworthy guest host, all he does is talk about action figures and parrot Simpsons quotes.

It's a movie that can only exist in the mid-90s which is when most of them were kids. It's called a "running gag" you see.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Scratchman Apoo posted:

One of the best episodes I never see enough people bring up is on "Wes Craven's New Nightmare." When Steve brings up how Johnny Depp was supposed to be in the movie but Wes Craven was too timid to ask him, everything shifts into overdrive. Culminating in Craven conjuring up the soul of a demon to act as Freddy Krueger, but unable to dial the phone for a conversation with a guy he worked with 10 years ago.

I genuinely like WC'sNN, but that part and everything about Craven in there is golden.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

precision posted:

I've never even seen Secret Window but the episode for it is amazing. The constant John Turturro and Johnny Depp impersonations are slaying me

"You stole mah stuuuuhry."

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah in the Podcast forum a few of us were saying we like Eric on WHM but think he's a bit dry as a host and he said something like, "Oh yeah over on Something Awful. I know you guys think I'm a BORING HOST." But in a playful not entirely lovely way. So yeah, someone's reading. Probably Secundus.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

e X posted:

Okay, but to be fair, the way they push Harrys is not exactly great either. The first time I heard it I thought it was parody, because its so over the top. It's just razors, but they way they talk about it, you get the feeling it can cure cancer. And at the same time, their enthusiasm sounds really tried.

It's definitely mildly sardonic. I miss their Audible plugs since they usually devolved into mini bits.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's me, I'm the guy who has never seen Face Off.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Disaster Movie Expert Justin Case fits in really well when he's on.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Patrick Dempsey in something and not wanted to slap that smug face.

He's hilariously bad in Scream 3.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

User-Friendly posted:

My first assumption would be announcing a tour.

They always take August off from new episodes so I'm gonna take a stab and say summer tour. But that seems tough since they all hold down steady jobs.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I enjoy that the ads still have an element of humor to them as opposed to How Did This Get Made which is just Paul schilling poorly for ten minutes twice an episode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MisterBibs posted:

You can't make "We're advertising this product to pay the bills" funny.

Incorrect. In fact, the old stuff when they were sponsored by Audible and gave a recommendation tied to the show was great.

And I normally listen to podcasts while I'm going to sleep so HDTGM's in the middle of the episode are really obnoxious because I ain't getting up to skip them.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BlameSpacePod posted:

Ugh, those WHM knuckleheads with their ads. You know, I doubt they'd go that far again. I bet they know to reign it in now. I doubt they can even pay their bills. Sad.

Did we just get Eric Movied?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every now and then they'll announce a movie and I'll get really excited to hear them talk about a certain part and then they just gloss over it. Doesn't happen a lot but it bums me out when it does. There's no way they're gonna pass up a chance to tear into that gymnastics scene.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's really not hard. Just listen to an episode where all four are on and pay a modicum of attention to their introductions. Ghostbusters II or TMNT II I think are all hands on.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo this weeks animation damnation sounds completely insane. I need to watch it.

I had no recollection of that show until the episode started. Even then I only barely remembered it existed.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How old are you people?

29, prepping for Carousel.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hey guys stop blowing Bo for being a two sport athlete. Jordan was too.

:laugh:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Evil Mastermind posted:

The New Kids On The Block were the ones who had their own cartoon.

As well as a bunch of hits.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DrVenkman posted:

It's not bad, there's some things there that are entirely too nitpicky at times. But they already lost me when they claimed that JP3 is better.

It's absolutely better but like 2 is more than 0.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

egon_beeblebrox posted:

JP3 is like half a movie. It just kind of stops.

Which is what 2 should have done.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Does the 10 year rule still apply for Listener Request Month? Because apparently he was also in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

But my money is on Stealth. I remember liking Stealth but I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw it so I wouldn't be shocked if it's garbage.

It's not Listener Request it's Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza which, I believe, 10 year rule still applies to.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wayne's World at the end guarantees you'll die before you see a good movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Duke posted:

Heavyweights is loving awesome

Which movie is the one where I would have learned about The Blob, that big air pad that launches you into lakes?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Three of the four not seeing that scene and the interlude to watch it is the funniest WHM moment in a while.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

We're getting the live Green Lantern in two weeks. I'm jazzed to hear Steve break.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobservo posted:

People (not here) sure are getting cranky over WHM's recent movie choices. It must be a nostalgia thing, since I could barely make it through the RIFFTRAX versions of the Matrix sequels.

People love the Matrix movies. Why? :shrug:

Social Networking Agent Smith was one of the funniest gags in a while though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

When do we find out who's leaving?

A half hour and then however long it takes to skip around to where they talk about it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah Cabin's gone for a year doing some other secret project. He was occasionally the odd man being the pure movie guy in a room full of comedy dudes but I feel like he was stepping up his game recently and landing some great lines. :(

weekly font fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 21, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Well won't you like his lines even more when Sebulba is doing them?

Good to see he's finally getting work. He's been available for so long.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DoombatINC posted:

Oh dammit :( I love Cabin's flabbergasted outrage at things I would never have noticed, but at least we had that beautiful moment in Son of the Mask during the Blockbuster month before he left

Yeah that was beautiful. #IHeartCrabin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DoombatINC posted:

Sounds good on this end, but now I really want to hear a schmoyoho WHM tune

There's definitely issues on Andrew's mic. Listen to him say "funnaaaay" around 10:30.