Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I was really enjoying the Avengers episode since they literally don't talk about the movie at all and I really liked the random tangents they went on and then feetle came up and I think I popped a rib out from laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Belushi, Ventura and Brimley impression episodes are must listens

:bahgawd: GODDAMOUT

Traces of Red is the first appearance of the dominos pizza insurance and it's one of the top bits ever.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

President Nerd and President Hotdog (Pixels) remain a couple of my favorite bits. God, I have so many favorite bits.

This is one of those movies where I have to keep Eric Szyszka's immortal words in my head: "It's okay to like a movie."

Yeah I enjoyed Venom but absolutely loved their episode of it. "logan paul innocently dabbing in the suicide forest" is an all time great line. Plus all the Alex Jones jokes.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Random bit question, what is the episode where the buddy brigade shows up.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I think that was Prince of Persia (ep. 408)

Thank you!! Started to listen to the venom episode at work tonight but the talk of pussy posse got me in the mood for the buddy brigade

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I feel we need to discuss Erik not realizing ducks can actually fly...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I love the Monty python woman voice, I just listened to the Sherlock Holmes episode and didn't think they would top the poo poo wife bit but good lord this episode goes places

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Soup du Jour posted:

101 Dalmatians is one of the best episodes of the year, I was rolling the entire time

I listened to it twice, it's fantastic. I am definitely using the phrase "weak missionary" now

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Ads don't really bother me even if I use it to fall asleep but holy poo poo that blue chew ad was horrific...

Also this episode rules, the Shrek tangent was great

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Last one I heard with her was wonder woman 1984. She came off as kinda mean and pissed off during that episode, I found it off-putting. I liked her in the species episodes so maybe she was having an off day

They actually kind of address that at the beginning of this episode.

I will say she is great in the Wild Things episode and out of all her episodes she really fit in the best here.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
The Village episode is hilarious but as someone that lives in the area where all these films were directed, Steve joking that "Old" takes place on a beach in Pittsburg triggered me so much...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Beans

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I laughed way too hard at American History Eggs

I honestly was torn between posting that or just "Beans.". Really fun episode overall and my god it went places.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

Whats this, my search history? :smuggo:

I was stuck in traffic while driving home from a training and this just had me giggling uncontrollably

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

To this day I have no loving idea what CBD is even supposed to do or how you take it.

I use it in a muscle rub cream, it works for me but I will readily admit it might also be the placebo effect.

Also I am assuming all the dad's in the audience were screaming "Blackhawk down" when the guys were talking about Josh Hartnett's biggest movies.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Traces of Red is amazing and one of my favorites. Venom and Sherlock are also really good

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
My role at work changed and I am not driving a lot anymore so I am really behind but finally just finished Stay Alive and that's a great episode. John Goodman Fingers, The Boy Lover and the end where Eric just is googling random stuff. Just fantastic.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 28, 2021

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh man that ep is so good.

That’s always my jam with these guys: I need that exasperated hate for a truly bad movie. WLM is usually duds for me, but I’ll give some of these upcoming ones a chance.

It's a great episode except for the part where they read that awful poetry the author did and it's so creepy and cringy that it causes me physical pain

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Uncle Bonesaw almost made me crash my car I started laughing so hard

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I listen to the It's a Wonderful Life episode every holiday season and still giggle uncontrollably at any mention of "throbbers.".

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
40 minutes in and they haven't gotten to Kevin being left home yet but there has been a Society, 120 Days of Sallo and an In Cold Blood reference

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

The pizza boy voice had me stifling my laughter in the office.

lovely Larry had me giggling

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Sausage Clause talking to the Djinn was amazing.

Definitely going to start giving people sausage on 12/26

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Cael posted:

Max Payne is my yearly request. Bring on more Wahlbergs!

That's a great suggestion... My yearly suggestion is Equilibrium cause it's so dumb and Zoo for the wlm

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
There is a scene in blade where he slaps around a cop in broad daylight on a crowded city street and I can't even imagine the hilarious outcry if they included a scene like that in the new one. Blade rules

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Blown Away is going to be a great episode, if you haven't seen it just go watch it now.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
They really should have done Live Wire and Blown Away back to back especially since they mention Blown Away several times during the live wire episode. Also that movie is an amazing 90s action movie. Pierce Brosnan fighting a clown that is about to explode is just top tier cinema

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Coheed and Camembert posted:

The Last Boy Scout is good. It's trashy, for sure, but it's a fun kind of trashy.

I just rewatched it like a month ago after not seeing it for years and Jesus it's misogynistic. They will have a great time with it

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Sicario is pretty over the top and dumb. But at least it has good intrigue and action.

Day of the Soldado is like a fanfic that takes the CIA operator nonsense to 11 and even dumber drama poo poo.

e;
Also, how do these guys not know that the way Del Toro shoots the gun with his finger is how you blast with a light gun on an arcade machine?

It's such a stupid way to shoot a gun.

Playing catch-up now, holy crap that Pinocchio episode is great

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Event Horizon and Max Payne are going to be awesome. Max Payne is so horrible I am shocked it took this long.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

already a good lineup this month but this alone makes this a great month

Finally going to subscribe to their Patreon just for this.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

I rewatched it on HBO before listening to the episode. It's...okay. Not great. If you know the twist already, it's not really worth watching.

Like they say in the episode, it has the ideas but the execution isn't there and it almost could've been a WLM but it's missing something.

I randomly watched it a few months ago and apparently wasn't paying attention at all since I completely missed the whole "furniture" thing. So yeah I would say you don't really need to see it since the only reason anyone even talks about the movie anymore is the ending.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

I'm a Dark World defender. I think the first Thor was the absolute worst Marvel movie though. (Other than maybe Hulk.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing them roast it anyway.

And today I am learning that there was a Thor movie between the first one and Ragnarok. Going to guess it wasn't that great...

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Yeah the Chip and Dale movie was wayyy better than it had any right to be which is good cause I have seen it 30 times since my kids love it

Also I am so glad I somehow had no idea what "Nothing but Trouble" was because holy poo poo even the Wikipedia article is batshit and every image I see is just grotesque... I feel sorry for the boys

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
I had a single beer tonight and since I don't drink it got me pretty drunk and I wanted to see what the release was for today since I have to drive a lot tomorrow and I immediately got angry that they would do a we hate movies on Point Break. Then I remembered what month it was and now I can't wait for my drive tomorrow

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Yeah this episode rules, easily the funniest wlm this month. I will say I did enjoy all the wlm this month so far even if they weren't that funny. I just enjoy hearing the guys talk about movies.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

explosivo posted:

Sorta felt like that True Lies ep was riding the line of being a WHM/WLM by the end of it. The last half of that movie definitely drags but I think they went into it expecting to love it again and talked themselves out of it while doing the discussion.

My wife and I did a rewatch of true lies earlier this year and honestly we were kind of in the same boat. We both had seen it when we were younger and really liked it but it really is wayyyy too long. It has some really great set pieces but does drag a bit in spots.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
Oliver and Company will hopefully result in more amazing Tom6 impressions so I support that one

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

There are strength in numbers if you want to call it in!

I would but every year I call in equilibrium and am continuing to do so this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s high time they do Book of Henry I feel. Been a while since we’ve had a good disgusting little shitboy.

I was absolutely convinced they had already done this but after finding out I was wrong I agree, they really need to do it. Such a bad movie