Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Just started listening to this, and for anyone on the fence my suggestion is to start with the Timecop one. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The Master of Disguise is a loving wretched movie. God help me for watching this.

How does it compare to Easy Rider 2? That seems to be one of their benchmarks for horrid movies.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Master of Disguise is just legitimately too awful. If the 10-year rule doesn't apply to Listener Request Month I'm standing by Punisher War Zone (because I just remembered that it's from 2008 and not earlier in the decade :smith:)

Punisher War Zone is a legitimately wonderful slaughter-as-comedy movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

Also the accents, Jesus Christ the trainwreck of inappropriate accents in this movie. Protip: it's set in NEW YORK CITY. :allears:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 5, 2015

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Would they consider something like Zardoz ? Or is that the wrong kind of bad for their style?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

What's better, Krull or Kull the Conqueror?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

e X posted:

Honestly, the great thing about them is that the actual movie is pretty incidental to the episodes. The funniest parts, at least to me, are the weird scenarios the cook up. Like in the "The Substitute" episode, the entire thing with Tom Berenger's Outworld Vietnam flashbacks is hilarious as hell.

Was that the one where Tom Berenger's character's internal monologue has long stretches of being nothing but telling himself to not kill every person he met? Because that was great.

:ohdear: DON'T KILL THEM DON'T KILL THEM DON'T KILL THEM :ohdear:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

:golfclap: Incredible.

We need a version of this for their Star Wars spin-off idea that's The Wire in Cloud City starring Billy Dee Williams as old, corrupt, murder-loving version of Lando.

"It works every time!" --:commissar:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

BexGu posted:

I really like it when they review/talk about crazy 80s movies that they all love but fully admit is the most insane thing ever. Gymkata, Blind Fury, I come in Peace, etc there are all a great listen to.

Gymkata obstacle course ninja weed chat was a real highlight.

:ninja: "Nobody ever makes it this far."

:350:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Listening to Date With an Angel episode, and Peter Falk Angel is one of the better characters they've invented IMO. With special guest star KITT!

"I don't have to bathe, I can smoke cigars, and I still smell like nothin' but baby powder and moonbeams."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Blame It On Rio and Babycakes are my two favorite episodes.

I love how much they genuinely HATED those two movies. :allears:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Hard Target is the best episode about the greatest film ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5QIK3_Cjo

I almost want them to do John Carpenter's The Thing, not because it's bad, but because it would given them a reason to do more of their deranged Wilford Brimley character.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

So far the Catwoman episode I just started is like 2/3 funny tangents about unrelated things they hate and 1/3 Catwoman talk, and it's pretty great.

Also, two words: hairball bukkake.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My favorite so far might be the Planet of the Apes review with dueling Mark Wahlberg impressions and Kris Kristofferson calling everyone a pussy. Good times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

plus abrams isn't directing the sequel, so we dont have to worry about star wars into darkness.

It's more that the Star Wars movies aren't using noted garbage writers Orci, Kurtzman & Lindelof like a lot of Abrams's previous movies.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

And Adam, who also has digital double-chin reduction in most of his films, almost fired the girl who played Lady Lisa in Pixels because she was "too fat."

"Too fat" for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-611tXJIC4

:wtf:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Heard on WHM: "Watching steam coming out of a dog's rear end in a top hat and reconsidering my life choices up to that point. We've all been there."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

From Son of the Mask:

"Who produced this, The Joker? It was like a viking funeral for money." :laugh:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Crowetron posted:

The Mask Sperm revelation from that episode is easily the best moment in WHM history.

Complete with old-timey "please stand by" musical cue while they stop the show to go watch it! :allears:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, and I can never tell the hosts apart.

I like Mr Smith but not Mr Smith or Mr Smith, and Mr Smith hardly even shows up anymore.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Only closers get ninja suits! :ninja:

I love WHM. :allears:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Gyges posted:

Agreed. He's just a degree or two from creating and selling ninjas. Which is 80s as gently caress.

Ninja trafficking is the best story idea I've read all day.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

BexGu posted:

its like best of the worst of my childhood. Throw in Lensmen (Stars Wars Ripoff) for good measure along with the Fatal Fury movie (which was better then it had any right to be).

:eng101: Actually the Lensman books came long before Star Wars.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Anything with "White Guy Karate" is usually gold.

Also The Substitute was great for all the times the main character's internal monologue is in a panic over trying not to kill every single person he sees for no reason.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Attack of the Clones has to be up there just for the bit where Cliegg Lars keeps asking for progressively more perverse alien/robot/whatever sex slaves from Watto, up to and including a shaved Ewok.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The gang's Holly Hunter impersonation is still utterly indistinguishable from their Gary Busey impersonation, I see.

To be fair they admitted as much in the BvS episode! :v:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Just heard American Shaolin and it's a goddamn treasure. Jim Belushi gets his throat cut and lingers on as a fat ghost haunting the Shaolin temple! :ghost:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

A.K.A. STANLEY X :laffo:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

His fake drumming is horrendous but his fake tokes from a joint are like Stanislavsky method.

Stanley X only pawn in game of life :downsrim:

Also an anthropologist.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I would love to hear a bad movie podcast do Eraserhead, that seems like it would be separating the men from the boys.

Or House. :japan:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Also a fantastic movie.

It's great, and tells a pretty straightforward story when you take a step back and can see the forrest for the trees.

Except that the trees are made of rear end-biting severed heads, and severed fingers playing the piano that ate the owner of the fingers, and a bear making noodles and I don't even know what.

Side note, is Blanche the Witch-Cat the best cat in film history? :catdrugs:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

precision posted:

I remember watching a Ron White standup special once, and the crowd got super uncomfortable when he started talking about how much he loves smoking weed and he had a reasonably inoffensive bit about hot transsexuals. He was definitely not happy to be stuck with those yahoos.

hey kewl!

He also had a bit talking about how his homophobic relative was human garbage with the IQ of a rotting stump, so yeah, there was a culture clash there for sure.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

oh no you think

Using hyperbole for comic effect: not a thing you normally associate with WHM.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's only dumb forums BvS drama that's making him superbly offended by a throwaway joke on a podcast about movie opinions involving incest handjobs, dick beer and Jim Belushi's fat ghost.

Please stop trying to turn this thread into the RLM thread.

Also this.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Hard Target - Wilford Brimley GODDAMAUT
The Substitute - Tom Berenger's internal monologue.
Gymkata - White Guy Karate and weed ninjas
Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe - Jesse Ventura impressions and conspiracy theories
Blame it on Rio - Hate. Hate. HATE.

The first four for fun, the last one for the perfectly pure hate. Honorable Hate Mention to Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you are new to the show listen to the current episode, but between current eps start at 001 and work up. They don't have many reoccurring jokes, but sometimes they'll have a joke pop up in consecutive episodes.

This isn't bad advice because the show hit its stride really fast.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Aw man. The audio quality on this week's episode makes it unlistenable. :(

The live episodes are pretty much always unlistenable (sound quality-wise) poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

No the live show was for Olympus Has Fallen, which London Has Fallen is a sequel to.

The scene in Olympus has Fallen where the Secret Service runs in waves like cartoon lemmings into an open field to get shot by North Korean machine-gun fire is the greatest thing. It's so stupid and it just doesn't stop happening until like 100 guys in dark suits have been gibbed in the dumbest way possible. :allears:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 27, 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

The Substitute, primarily. At least that's how I remember it.

Yes, and it's a delight.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Best WHM impersonation of someone repeatedly saying "goddamnit!": Nick Nolte or Wilford Brimley?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Halloween III is kind of like John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness, where they're making a movie about an :siren: ABSOLUTELY COLOSSALLY HUGE APOCALYPSE OH gently caress :siren: that they're trying to make for like :10bux:, but it still turns out to be kind of cool to watch anyway.

What's better, that laser through the head thing, or Alice Cooper stabbing a guy with a bicycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

As long as Blame It Outer Space stays up, I'm ok with it.

I listened to the first few and couldn't get into it. Does the quality pick up at some point? I love the idea but it didn't hook me. :(