Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Full of country goodness and green pea-ness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Wait did Face/Off not look ridiculous at the time?

The late 90s were an interesting time for movies. I mean, Face/Off was the same year as Con-Air.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

A View to a kill

But why would they do the best James Bond movie?!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Arturo Ui posted:

They could be doing Supergirl next week considering the new TV show.

Give the man a prize!
Man, comic book movies in the 80s were so bad.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There was a 3d animated film called The Clone Wars and by all accounts it's terrible.

That's cause it was the pilot episodes of the tv show stitched together for some reason. It was a dumb idea and isn't something that should've been put on the big screen.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

precision posted:

Now I have just got to loving see a documentary on how the gently caress Frank Welker does it

He's got it figured out, man

The secret is probably working for scale and answering on the first ring.

I love the stories about Frank Welker they have on the Futurama commentaries. They absolutely love the guy, which is why they cast him as Nibbler.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

precision posted:

You're fuckin' a legless shaved Ewok - IF YOU'RE LUCKY!

That bit is so great.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Oh man, their Wahlberg voices are way too hilarious.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ror posted:

There must be some unwritten forums axiom that all threads, given enough time, eventually turn into Star Wars threads.

That money Disney spent on marketing had to go somewhere.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

I think they are on the money by guessing that "My buddy, President Kevin James" was some unproduced idea that got pushed into Pixels.

Given that short was 2 minutes long and the Futurama episode was only 7, I'm sure HappyMadison threw in all the rejected/undeveloped ideas they had laying around to pad out the time.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Count Chocula posted:

What's the easiest way to listen to the old episodes on my phone? The default podcast app only goes back to around 100.

They old ones are normal MP3s on the website, download them or even just play them via the phone's web browser.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

kalensc posted:

Dungeons and Dragons jumps out as amazing, but after refreshing my memory on the others:

Somehow the plot summary is worse than I expected it to be, even with the huge red flag of three drat titles.

It has Marlon Wayans, a Tom Baker cameo,Jeremy Irons cashing a paycheck and the CG dragons from Mortal Kombat. It's amazing, but not because it's good.
Antitrust I haven't seen since it came out, and can only remember a weird scene with digital paintings. It certainly wasn't good in any way.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Did we all see D&D in theaters? We're such nerds.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

It's the one with a sequel coming out this year.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bango skank posted:

The podcast that is the subject of this thread?

Is it really a reference when they just talk about it for a minute?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Are you serious

Edit: I'm not spoiler tagging this ending, it's too terrible to not make it known.

Very serious. There's a situation going on in the engine room when all of a sudden Riker wearing a tent joins in trying to fix it. He eventually ends the simulation to talk with Diana in person and Picard over the intercom about how sad it is that the main characters died off screen. He then starts the simulation back up to watch Scott Backula found the Federation.
I wasn't sure how Berman & Braga would top the terrible ending of Voyager, but they managed it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

It takes place during an episode of Enterprise. You forgot the best part as the entire episode they were talking about how Scott Backula made a speech that helped to create the Federation, and they do not even show it.

There were a lot of special things about that finale.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Oh man, Bee Movie Podcast. What an idea!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That rant about IMDB was great. The trivia and goofs sections are full of so much worthless detritus.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Either that's a good filter or they look good unshaved.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Corek posted:

They both have Jeremy Irons

Yeah, but only one of them was made after Jeremy Irons said he would marry his children for tax purposes.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

No lie, I'd watch the poo poo out of that movie.

I always enjoyed this version.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

This thread is starting to get worse than Batman v. Superman.

Eh, once we find out this thread's mother was named Martha, everything will be right again.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Batman's Kryptonite.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

e X posted:

Okay, what is a donkey punch?

Look it up on urban dictionary if you really don't know.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

He's done so much that even if he doesn't make more than scale, that's still a decent paycheck.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Cael posted:

How are the commentary tracks (Nemesis/Chud/Sith/Sucker Punch)? And is it supposed to sync up with the movie at all? I really want to listen to the Sucker Punch one but A) money and B) I definitely don't want to actually watch Sucker Punch.

Edit: less so the money factor because I just found upon further searching it's $3 on cdbaby, which is much easier to pony up than $10 on itunes.

They are very much commenting on what's on screen without describing it, unless it's part of the joke. I'm not saying you can't listen without also watching the movie, it's just you'll not understand somethings they're talking about.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Have you offered to send it to the guys? I'd imagine they'd like it just for the sake of completeness.

I'm pretty sure when they said it was lost, they meant "lost".

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

If you really think that episode is "unlistenable poo poo" y'all oughta get your ears cleaned out.

Some apps recompress the audio, that could be causing issues?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Anytime they start doing George HW Bush, we're in for a treat.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

yoyomama posted:

Weird that it's only showing up on their site, but I'm not complaining

It sometimes gets added to the list of episodes on the website a day early. My usual feed usually doesn't get it until monday night

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I loved it when I was 14, but did it ever evolve past "immortal of the week that apparently Duncan has had run-ins with before"?

Also, as someone who loved the first movie and liked the TV series, holy poo poo Endgame is almost worse than 2.

If you liked the show at all, that really helped Endgame be better than 2 & 3. Nothing beats that giant blurred JVC logo though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Wait, wasn't that movie called Innerspace?

You're thinking of Fantastic Voyage.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Scratchman Apoo posted:

It was a Stay Tuned mention because of how much Andrew hated some gag where a guy gets his car wrecked in the first movie, and then he gets his boat wrecked in the 2nd.

Ug, I know exactly the guy. It's such a groaner.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Didn't Multiple Man do that whole banging the mob boss's wife in his Madrox 2004 mini? It's been so long since I read it, but that tangent seemed familiar.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm a bit disappointed the WHM boys hate Street Fighter so much. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad fuckin' movie, but unwatchable? Come the hell on.

It's got JCVD and Raul Julia, that alone makes it worth watching as terrible as it is.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Huh, I had always remembered DOA as having Hulk Hogan but I see now it was Kevin Nash, I feel so ashamed.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

sorry but if you think Suckerpunch is Oscar Isaac's worst role I don't know what to tell ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBVExpGMuB0

I think they meant worst movie he's in as they really, really don't like Suckerpunch.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

gently caress, am I going to have to listen to some Game of Thrones poo poo for future in-jokes?

No, there's a new mail bag episode. It's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

That letter about the old person coming into the theater late was the most STDH.txt they've ever read on the podcast. It even has the 'ma'dam' and everyone clapping trope. I'm surprised it wasn't started with 'this troper...'

edit: oh god, the 'gentle sirs' sign off

Yeah, of all the letters they've gotten that didn't happen, that one didn't happen the most.