Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Yeah Eric is definitely the funniest, he reminds me of Norm Macdonald. But they're all hilarious so it's a tough contest.

Like Norm Macdonald, I didn't like Eric too much at first but now I find him fantastic. Even if he is bad at impressions, which loop around from being bad into being incredible, and three-fourths of them sound like Dracula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You know, to bring up an old bit from We Hate Movies, I would totally watch Broadway Danny Dracula

Also Secret Nazi Dracula.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Bolek posted:

I can't tell their voices apart but one of them keeps moving away from the mic and loving up the sound levels. someone compress that poo poo or do something.

I don't recall that happening unless it's part of a joke (yelling as someone far away or something)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

She exists solely to "prove" that Bugs is heterosexual. It's a really weird idea.

It's kind of like Aunt Harriet for Batman, really!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Heteroy posted:

Tammy and the T Rex, just because I can't believe it's an actual thing.

#donotworryaboutpaulwalker :(

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I do have to wonder though: why the gently caress DO Team Rocket sleep in suspended sleeping bags?

All sorts of monsters on the ground. Although most of them can fly, so really you take your life into your hands if you camp no matter where your sleeping bag is.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

I have a new favorite WHM episode comment :allears:

I want to hear them read it on air.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Eric Movie may or may not be reading this anymore but I just have to say that WHM caused me to buy a physical actual copy of Invisible Child when the episode first came out. poo poo is crazy.
Did I hear them right on the Dragonheart episode that they're going on vacation? I wonder if they'll do what they did before and put up some more older episodes on the app.

Sleeveless posted:

This movie was made by a WHAT?!

WHAT?!

WHAT?!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I don't want anyone to leave. :saddowns:

It's Listener Request Month for both WHMPrime and Animation Damnation, right? Can I just email in my suggestion for AD, since it also involves sending a link to the cartoon? Because I have a doozy for them...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Yaws posted:

Ugh. Going by Jupins twitter feed someone is leaving. This sucks.

Noooooooooo!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

weekly font posted:

There's definitely issues on Andrew's mic. Listen to him say "funnaaaay" around 10:30.

Another vote for "sounded fine". I listened to it on the app.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Jiro posted:

Everyone call in and suggest every gloriously lovely movie that Roddy Piper starred in. :colbert: Aside from the obvious "They Live" of course. I'm gonna suggest Sci-Fighters, Hell comes to Frogtown, and Jungleground.

I was planning on calling in about Hell Comes To Frogtown earlier but now I'm not so sure. It's not quite the same but it's like requesting a Robin Williams or Paul Walker movie. Tougher to do now. Or maybe it isn't. #donotworryaboutpaulwalker

Either way everyone should watch Hell Comes to Frogtown. "Youuuu have aroused the three snakes!!"

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The main character shoots her daughter.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Mr. Popper's Penguins was touched on when they did those Worst Of 201X, I think it was bewilderingly explained by Eric. It'd probably still make a good episode, though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I wrote in for an episode of TaleSpin for Animation Damnation. It was called Lost Horizons and it's about Baloo vowing to find the lost city of Panda-la. He does but wouldn't you know it, it turns out that all the pandas with Charlie Chan accents are actually evil and fly their pagoda city using hot air balloons to shoot fireworks at Cape Suzette until fended off. It's a liiiittle racist.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There's an episode of Captain Planet where some athlete gets HIV through a blood transfusion and the gang have to explain how HIV and AIDS are different. It was made when AIDS was still the gay cancer, so there's this undertone of homophobia and gay panic to the whole thing. Not to mention the whole "AIDS is terminal so your life is over" thing.

They did that episode

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I still maintain that The Life Zone is one of the most offensive, disturbing premises for a movie I've ever seen. I totally get why they didn't pick it for Viewer Request Month because jesus christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cb5bQyD2j0

Plot summary: "Three pregnant women are kidnapped from abortion clinics and detained against their will for seven months until they give birth."

And it's not like a horror movie where the kidnapper is the villain and the women are the heroes, no no no, they're all sluts (except for the ones who change their minds and happily accept being forced into motherhood).

What the gently caress :catstare:

Just looked up the ending. It's even better than what you said. It was a Hell dream!! The one girl who didn't change her mind of the three girls and still wanted an abortion? She died on the abortion table. And the doctor committed suicide! They're both in hell!

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 18, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

The problem with that stuff is they never go far enough.

Cobra should be launching evil death satellites to take out the houses of drug dealers, and Dr. Doom should have deposited Osama Bin Laden's smoking corpse in front of the White House a few days after 9/11

If these villains are so offended by that poo poo, they should treat it like they treat everything else.

Man oh man, that reminds me of all the loving Marvel villains shedding tears over the rubble of the World Trade Center in that one comic.
Even the Juggernaut.

You know. The one WHO DID THIS.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

I forgot which one was my first one, but I remember Mrs. Doubtfire being one of the first ones I listened to, and then Robin Williams passed away soon after.

Same thing happened with whatever Paul Walker movie they covered.

Frank Welker please be okay :(

Do not worry about Frank Welker.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Does he sell Deathstix?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

What director's son were they talking about?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Animation Damnation episode is up. Apparently there was a Rudolph sequel! And it sounds awful! Amazing episode.

Edit: Sorry Eric I mean it sounds amazing also, probably the best Christmas special ever!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I haven't listened to the new episode yet but if they dig into it with even a portion of the hate that Mark Kermode did it should be a treat.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Subterfrugal posted:

Did WHM ever shill for Squarespace? If so, does anyone remember their referral code? I'm making a one-off website and I'd like them to get a buck or two over it.

I think they did. It's probably HATE as the promo code. :D

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

weekly font posted:

Dracula 2000 is an incredible pre-iTunes episode to add to the list.

The tangent about Dracula being Judas and all the other Biblical characters being monsters still cracks me up when I think about it.

One more pin, doubting Thomas, two more pins, doubting Thomas!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Nine thousand degrees :goleft:

I can still hear their joyous cackling.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Totally forgot to call in, but I DID send in my Animation Damnation request! That didn't get chosen.
But The Raccoons works nicely.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Complete with old-timey "please stand by" musical cue while they stop the show to go watch it! :allears:

You can hear the shellshock in their voices when they return.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

I somehow never even put together that Samurai Pizza Cats was a TMNT ripoff until they mentioned it.

Samurai Pizza Cats was fun as hell because they literally got no scripts for it so they just made everything up based on what was going on in the screen.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

As a giant D&D nerd, the worst thing that isn't a Wayons brother in that movie is the beholder. They're not dumb watchdogs! They should be running poo poo! I'll lend you my 2e copy of I, Tyrant if you need proof!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Up until now I had no idea Jeremy Irons was in this, and as Alfred to boot.

Seconded. Thank you, Eric Movie!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Eric, if you're still reading the thread, you'll be happy to know that one of the official D&D settings does in fact have a time-lost astronaut as a major character. In fact, he's one of the setting's gods. Alongside a hyperintelligent dinosaur. I don't remember offhand if one was a cowboy, though.

I am going to out myself as a giant nerd by not only confirming that he was a cowboy, but say his name was Murlynd and he had two six-shooter wands.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Corek posted:

I love the fantasy names that are just regular names slightly changed. Like all the planets named Yrth or Urth or Eart.

Almost all the "famous" wizard spells with names are just anagrams of the dudes who played them. Like Tesner is just Ernest and so on.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

kalensc posted:

Hard Target is the one movie, thus far, that I immediately went to go find and watch after hearing its WHM episode.

he's just tickling those ivories

After the Invisible Child episode came out, I ordered the DVD on Amazon. I regret nothing.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

The episode in which we found out how monsters were made

One more pin, Doubting Thomas! Two more pins, Doubting Thomas!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Christopher Lambert impressions are to me by far the funniest thing these guys do. The mortal kombat hotel commercials thing is the best.

Ehh heh heh heh hehhh!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Completely agreed. I forget what episode it was, but the guy telling him "you better run, fat boy" made me laugh pretty hard.

Between "you drank my Monster, goddammit!" and the old lady eating the whole fish in the movie theater stories, he has the best side stories and I would totally listen to that podcast.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Fart City posted:

Transformers is unique in that amongst major franchise adaptions, it's gotta be the most far removed from the source material at this point, right? Like yes, Decepticons and Autobots and Cybertron are all there, but the actual depiction of those elements is fairly off-model. It feels like the movies are very much their own thing, distanced away from the core franchise beyond brand necessity and marketing tie-ins.

They go to robot heaven

I'd say the Mario movie still holds that title.
Or the Jem and the Holograms movie.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Gyges posted:

It's probably just their sadness that Marvel isn't sending them any more checks.

Plus of course Stephen's timing is off, he could hardly hear with all the red pills jammed in his ears!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I'm really disappointed that they didn't even touch upon the fact that Age of Extinction gives a PSA on Romeo and Juliet laws. I mean what the gently caress, movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I can't watch Law & Order reruns because they speed it up. I can't imagine doing it willingly to something I want to listen to.