Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh man Matrix Revolutions is one of the best episodes in a while.

Cloud Atlas and Speed Racer were great movies though :colbert:

Also this happens in a Matrix videogame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLJb9NZN0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Eric made a tweet that said "The End" yesterday along with this picture that I don't get. It could just be referring to Jupin's move, though?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Gotta admit, it was really hard getting through the episode because my disdain for Sandler just grew and grew with everything they said.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Pixels and Fantastic Four

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

I was really excited to hear a bunch of Christopher Walken impressions, but when I started listening I realized I had mistaken Brainscan for BrainSTORM. :smith:

I'm okay with them doing impressions of The Tricker (Mark Hamill) instead of doing the impression for Trickster.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

weekly font posted:

I'm gonna guess someone saw Moulin Rouge and was like, "Mmm yes," without understanding context or tone.

Joe Wright does kinda seem like a poor man's Baz Luhrmann. Except Hanna, he should do more things like Hanna.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The actual "thinnner" delivery is a bit less lizardlike than the boys have been saying, but somehow more hilarious in delivery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0Q5EVC8Sw

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

So I'm guessing they won't be plugging DraftKings anymore? http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14100780/newyork-attorney-general-declares-daily-fantasy-sports-gambling

Also, I died during that tangent where they just made fun of Jimmy Olson, pedophile.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

A terrible part of me wants Tim Burton to reboot this movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I forgot which one was my first one, but I remember Mrs. Doubtfire being one of the first ones I listened to, and then Robin Williams passed away soon after.

Same thing happened with whatever Paul Walker movie they covered.

Frank Welker please be okay :(

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I really like WHM On Screen segments. It's a good mix of solid criticisms and analysis and WHM style comedy, although I don't know if they'll do one as good as this one since I can't imagine any other movie would get people to care about it as much as a Star Wars movie. Even if they didn't know that Kit Fisto is different than Ki Adi Mundi.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

BexGu posted:

After the little tangent about the VA's lives from the Rudolph's Shiny New Year podcast I really want the WHM cast talk about how batshit crazy life in 1960's Hollywood was.

You should listen and subscribe to You Must Remember This. It's really good.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

BexGu posted:

Cool, looks good. Any suggestions on which one to listen to first or just jump in with #1?

I think a lot of people came in with the Manson series, which coincidentally is also some "wow, 1960s Hollywood is pretty messed up" stuff.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

kalensc posted:

Plus there's only so many ways to say "Adam Sandler is garbage" and I doubt the movie has a ton of truly baffling scenes to mock.

Doesn't Josh Gad's character gently caress Q-Bert?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Stan Lee on that list must be a statistical mistake. He's got a cameo in a ton of movies, but for those same movies he was EP, which was why he made so much. There's no way his acting roles have brought in that much alone.

You know that that list isn't what they actually took home right?

Also, I like how they couldn't stop themselves from going off topic so often during this episode. I don't think I can actually recall much of the movie proper.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The more I listened to that episode, the more I wish the Vin Diesel cineverse had a crossover event.

Also everyone failing to do a good Vin Diesel impression and blaming it on lack of testicles absolutely killed me.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Ror posted:

xXx is a Rob Cohen film.

This or Babylon A. D., a movie that acronyms to BAD. Oh you may have forgotten this movie existed, like the rest of the world probably, but goddamn does it deserve some rightful recognition.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I always thought it was strange that instead of using his money to impress a cute girl in his class or something, he goes right for a woman twenty years older than him. Like a reverse Blame it on Rio but still less creepy.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I looked up the playground fight and that choreography is something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLntlRklNBU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

LIVING DEAD GIRL

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I don't know if it was just the recording and how the audio setup was, but was it just me or was that audience not really reacting to anything?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Ninja Scroll as a stay tuned, yes please.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The entire movie's on Youtube if you want to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtnHXQ3OwwM

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Corek posted:

The guys' reference points for James Hong are Seinfeld and Wayne's World 2, but not Big Trouble In Little China RIPD?

Did they even see the movie or do they just say it because it's so stupid to say?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

They should have done a double feature with Eragon for the true Jeremy Irons slumming it experience.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Basically it allows a player to crap all over the game because there is no selfish, random, unjustified action that cannot be passed off as "hey, just playing my alignment, guys :shrug: "

This is the platonic ideal of Chaotic Neutral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

As a giant D&D nerd, the worst thing that isn't a Wayons brother in that movie is the beholder. They're not dumb watchdogs! They should be running poo poo! I'll lend you my 2e copy of I, Tyrant if you need proof!

It didn't even shoot any eye lasers! loving Futurama did beholders better.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

It was the unnecessary twist in The Last Witch Hunter.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

My favorite joke was "I'm watching The Man in the High Castle for the wrong reasons!"

Also, what the hell happened with Ron White now? Wasn't he like the one funny one in the entire Blue Collar Comedy Tour (I say this based on like 10 year old memories)

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I want their Lambert to meet Jon Stewart's George W Bush.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Listening to the X-Men Animation Damnation, I wonder if Troll Wolverine was meant to be a reference to this guy: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/troll/4005-5183/

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

No pizza rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Who would Christopher Lambert play in the Street Fighter-verse?

heh heh heh heh

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I was a little disappointed that while discussing the name changes from the JP to US version that they didn't mention Balrog was originally M. Bison (Mike Tyson). I don't know why, but I guess I just wanted to hear their reaction to that particular revelation because it would be exaggerated and hilarious.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Are soccer fans the worst sports fans?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Good cause I love Predator 2.

It's okay to like a movie.

Jupin sounds weird when he's not doing his studio voice, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

Have you read the comic Saga? It does that, it's by their co-writer on Sense8, and it's awesome and everyone loves it. I think the Wachowskis are adapting it.

J Michael Stracynski isn't Brian K Vaughan.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Did they create a Patreon RSS yet?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visitor_Q

:stare:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

That hot dog tangent was god tier, but I don't know what's wrong with ketchup on hot dogs :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Gyges posted:

Sad that your moral compass is so broken that you don't see anything wrong with ketchup on a hot dog. Get some help, man.

Please tell me you're at least not too far gone. That you still feel guttural rage at the idea of eating pizza with a fork and knife.

I eat pizza with a fork if the pizza is super greasy. Or deep dish, if you want to open that can of worms as to whether that's a casserole.

I don't use ketchup on Chinese hot dog buns, if that helps :v: