Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can confirm. I'm one of the five TJ Hooker listeners, and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RJWaters2 posted:

Ben's delivery of "I gave a hoot, And a holler!" in ep 4 had me rolling

Me too. The cadence and tone of the show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks at times.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neil Hamburger is a national treasure. I got to see him live once. He opened asking "Are there any (race) in the audience?" for a few minutes and the punchline was "Well, I heard this bar serves mixed drinks."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Honestly surprised he never came out swinging for Trump and the meme was revived in the most wretched form possible by the alt-right

His refusal to swear and stuff in Expendables makes me believe he might be one of the rare Christians who actually walks the walk. Like a Ned Flanders who used to star in action movies.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

He went for Huckabee, so yeah, he's like if Ned Flanders wanted to torture gay people to death.

I like to use good faith and hope people are basically good, but that hasn't been working out for me in 2017.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hate ads on websites because they usually interrupt what I'm reading, break the flow of the site, and sometimes clicking the X to exit the ad will instead leave the page altogether to bring me to the advertiser's page.

But on WHM, it's at least audio brought by the guys and they go out of their way to be entertaining. Spanish Flea is a brilliant touch too. I'll listen to the ad once or twice before skipping the same as in a later episode.

Plus there was that time when they had to advertise Draft Kings and you could tell they HATEd it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've always been partial to "...So, he's dead."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been using The Podcast Souce, and it won't update with the new episode. Guess I gotta switch to a new app.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thank you for your popcorn.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember the DVD had the "Oh poo poo!" because my friend and I rewound that part a bunch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm fond of how Hitchcock did it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jesus, Spider-Man 3 qualifies for the ten year rule now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lord help us if Walberg and Belushi ever do movie together.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Plus they're a comedy podcast first and foremost. They make it pretty clear they're not doing serious academic readings of films.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd be annoyed if they double checke facts online because sometimes them misremembering something leads to hilarious tangeants or the inception of a new character or something.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think I'll request The Mechanic. It's more of a We Love Situation and I can never get enough of their Charles Bronson impersonations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

I thought that too....then I re-watched it a few years ago and found myself cringing the whole time. I should have let it live in the glory that was me at 10 years old.

The monster effects and make-up are still kick rear end, though. It also completely deserves its place as a cult classic and at just over an 1 and twenty minutes, its a good movie to not really pay attention to in the background.

Still not a good movie, though :(

I rewatched it a couple years ago and it still holds up.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Did everyone have a rat boy who stole thier stuff? My local rat boy stole my Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Blue.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dmitri-9 posted:

Has Don Bluth ever made a cartoon that wasn't a loving nightmare? Maybe The Land Before Time.

The nightmare happened off screen with that one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ultimate Nick Fury slowly morphed into SLJ. He was actually white in his first appearance.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Huh. I guess I was misinformed.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I am honestly surprised there hasn't been a Wayne's World 3 yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The retroactive ads in the old episodes aren't there if you download the mp3 versions directly from their site.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They really get on a roll when they're making horse jokes. Now I'm thinking I should call in a horse movie next listener request month.

But I'm probably sticking to The Mechanic. I can't resist Charles Bronson impersonations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does one even go about saving gifs from Giphy on mobile?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Should be able to long press and save on phone (at least on Android)

I do, but it saves it in a weird format that isn't actually a gif. I'm pretty annoyed whenever I see Giphy on the whole. They seem to make it impossible to share gifs unless you actively go to their site.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've got it, by the way. 

Starship Troopers 2.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was listening to this episode and a friend of mine asks if I wanted to watch Saw on Netflix, apropros of nothing. Eerie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fart City posted:

I still cannot believe that the actual men who stopped the attack are playing themselves in the movie. Like I'm not sure what I should feel about that, but I know it definitely feels a bit icky.

The early Unsolved Mysteries would say they sometimes got the actual people involved in the events to recreate the scenarios. I always thought it was weird to ask someone to redo what was probably the worst moment of their lives.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vakal posted:

Don't worry Eric, if I ever win the lottery I promise I will pay you to be my personal boy toy and you'll be set for life.

I said it once before and I'll say it again. I'll fund Casablanca 2: Two Fat Spies if I ever win the lottery.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm catching up on BIIOS. I'm on the FEMA Death Camps episode. I am thoroughly impressed that they got Wilford Brimley to guest star.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

(Exception: storytelling podcasts like Levar Burton Reads, those are at normal speed)

How is that Reading Rainbow reboot coming along? They did that Kickstarter maybe three years ago but I haven't heard anything since.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

And the episode on FEMA Death Camps with special guest Wilford Brimley.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What was that movie that Andrew was thinking about? Where the guy wearing the wire was sweating so much it shocked him. I know I've seen that movie but I can't quite remember which one it is. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a comedy. The scene was supposed to be pretty tragic. I remember the guy got killed by the mob. But that was in flashback to someone else, I think the FBI/CIA agent or lawyer who was forced to put someone else in the same situation again and he was worried that his new informant would share a similar fate.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Corek posted:

It happens in Blow Out

That's it! I watched Blow Out a couple months ago.

Blammo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Violator posted:

I think their Bronson, Busey, and Palance are my favorite characters. Ka-blamo.

I nearly called in the original The Mechanic just for more Bronson.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure the Fantastic Four episode gave birth to one of my favorite WHM characters, LG Yahoo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm watching through Dynasty on Prime at the moment and one of the major families in the show's last name is Colby and it takes place in Denver, so that just left me wondering if the movie writer was a big Dynasty fan.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FEMA Camps. I won't spoil the surprise guest host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hey cool! Witless Protection. Gonna crack me open a cold Dick Beer and listen to this on the way to work.