Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Finally with this not-completely-terrible award show games truly get the respect they deserve as an entertainment medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So they lyrics to that ID song was about GamerGate, right?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Well everyone else tries hard enough on the other side of the spectrum. And I liked The Final Hours of thing he did for a few games.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
And now Geoff will climb mount Olympus as per this theme music suggests

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Who where the jurors for this poo poo anyway

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh thank god that shotgun sound at the end meant someone put this out of their misery.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Just a reminder that tomorrow THE PLAYSTATION EXPERIENCE will be on, so except more nonsense then too. And a whole lot of exclusive reveals and stuff. I'm actually pretty excited for that one if only to see if they announce anything for Dragon's Dogma.

Stuff will actually happen there though

Let's be honest, this was 3 hours and the only good things to come that weren't wastes of time were No Man's Sky and Zelda, and both of those are definitely being uploaded to Youtube right now by someone

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gas the thread now.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

FPzero posted:

Imagine Dragons x Koji Kondo crossover

Koji Kondo playing second fiddle to those guys made me really unreasonably angry.

Edit: Good show overall though. Game Oscars.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i love geoff

this award show needed more geoff

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

augustob posted:

Koji Kondo playing second fiddle to those guys made me really unreasonably angry.

Edit: Good show overall though. Game Oscars.

That's kind of where you put the piano for all these kinds of duets, so I'm okay with it.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Just watched the trailer for Kings Quest. Kings Quest is not a action platformer. They should have left it with Teltale. :colbert:

Now get offa my lawn you drat kids. :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

Gas the thread now.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

mabels big day posted:

Gas the thread now.

#thelameawards

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ularg posted:

I'm the only one that likes Geoff, I guess. He actually takes gaming seriously for the most part and isn't some obnoxious dude if a bit of a unintentional shill at times.

Yeah same. He catches a lot of poo poo for Dorito Pope but he's pretty passionate about the whole thing and I get the feeling he feels stuff like that is a necessary evil.

He needs to realize that Game Awards~ will never take off as long as they feature ads for games in the middle of them, though.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've still been calling this shitshow the Spike VGAs because no matter how many times they change their name they will never wash away the shame.

Nice to see that Platinum Games still gets jack poo poo for all their efforts.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mabels big day posted:

Gas the thread now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah same. He catches a lot of poo poo for Dorito Pope but he's pretty passionate about the whole thing and I get the feeling he feels stuff like that is a necessary evil.

He needs to realize that Game Awards~ will never take off as long as they feature ads for games in the middle of them, though.

Ads as in the trailers during the actual show or was there ads injected by Twitch in there? Cause adblocker, yo. Otherwise, yea. The only other thing it could be are Doritos and Mt Dew commercials, so the lesser of two evils I guess. Does movie/music awards do something similar?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Gas the thread now.

:agreed:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Keep the thread but rename it for whatever PlayStation Experience poo poo happens later today.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
YouTube has it archived if you somehow want to see it again or missed it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just watch this on repeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8KMoAWFPE

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So does someone have the results of the awards they couldn't be bothered to actually award?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
They didnt award all the awards?

Arro
Mar 31, 2010

mcvey posted:

They didnt award all the awards?

Nope Best Remaster, Best Fighting Game,Best Family Game, Best Action/Adventure Game, Best Esports Team , Developer of the Year(I don't think this was done), Most Anticipated Game, Best Fan Creation all were not shown on stream.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Had to make room for that kid putting his hands in front of light beams to the tune of pre-recorded video-game music.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so who won?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gamers everywhere! (tm)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ularg posted:

Ads as in the trailers during the actual show or was there ads injected by Twitch in there? Cause adblocker, yo. Otherwise, yea. The only other thing it could be are Doritos and Mt Dew commercials, so the lesser of two evils I guess. Does movie/music awards do something similar?

The host was reeling off big lists of steam sales at one point.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The host was reeling off big lists of steam sales at one point.

Oh I must have been away at that time. Well everyone loves themselves some steam sales. :downs:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looked good until the graphics came up. Then it looked stupid.

At first I got excited because I thought it might be new That Game Company.

Also, Kings Quest looks like childhood rapage. Zelda looks great.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Didn't Nintendo win developer of the year? If so that's actually kind of surprising.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bobjr posted:

Didn't Nintendo win developer of the year? If so that's actually kind of surprising.

Captain Toad
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3d World

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Waltzing Along posted:

Captain Toad
Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario 3d World

Booooring.

If they were developer of the year they would have sold more Wii Us. :colbert:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don't disagree with the decision at all, it's just surprising those awards would pick Nintendo, based off of how they treated it before.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Badingading posted:

Finally with this not-completely-terrible award show games truly get the respect they deserve as an entertainment medium.
Yet they have a category for "Trending Gamer" and give it to a white British guy who thinks racism isn't real. This was a baffling show on so many levels.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Trey Parker got an award for doing the voices he's been doing for 18 years.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Waltzing Along posted:

Trey Parker got an award for doing the voices he's been doing for 18 years.

Just like the oscars.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mycot posted:

Just like the oscars.

Except Phil Collins won. Had Trey won that award, he'd have his own EGOT.

Emmy
Gamey
Oscar
Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Yet they have a category for "Trending Gamer" and give it to a white British guy who thinks racism isn't real. This was a baffling show on so many levels.

He also goes all "PC Master Race!" and then admits he can't even build his own computer.

• Locked thread